Intervention needed here!

xMandyDx

Determination is Key
I'm going to level with you guys.. I've been terrible.

So far I've lost 3st, but my mojo is gone.
I had a health scare and had to have some laser surgery on my cervix which I was worried about the past couple of months, so I wasn't exactly 100% all the time, which meant that the last time I was weighed, I gained 2lb. I missed last weeks' WI as I was only out of the hospital after the surgery and felt yuck. But I know I'd have gained then too...and then all this week I've been super bad. Another gain is certainly on the cards.

I don't want this. I want to continue on the way I was before Xmas and get to target... I don't know what's stopping me. I guess I have lots of excuses but not one reason.

I feel really down about this. Even as I'm scoffing, I feel guilty, but keep doing it. Last night alone I had chocolate, sweets, and about 5 bags of crisps! I haven't had a binge like that in a long time, and now I just feel like a greedy pig. The days start off fine, and then just go to hell in a handbasket. I'm trying to give up smoking as well, which isn't helping.

I just need a kick in the bum and a stern talking to. Please help me get my mojo back :(

Ah big hugs hun, you've had a lot on your plate but you need to get back on track again and realise the connection between eating crap & you feeling bad about yourself.

I had this problem a few weeks back and I found just focusing on taking one day at a time really helped and making my food that bit more exciting and if I had a 100% day then I would end the day on some yummy treat like chocolate or a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows, all within syns but gave me something to look forward to after having a good day.

Not great advice but remember how great you felt when you hit the 3stone mark & remember nothing will ever taste as good as that feeling and moment of achieving great weight loss x

Hi Mandy.

Please don't beat yourself up about this. You have been through a very difficult and stressful time. I do hope you are on your way to recovery though xx

As for being off plan you need to forget about the last 3 or so weeks - draw a line under it and start next week from fresh. If you have one 100% day of being on plan
then its easier to stay on track for the rest of the week I find. So take it one day at a time. My advice is sit down and plan the week ahead - meals, lunches etc. Dont
buy any sweet things or crisps (apart from low syn ones).

At the start of this month I had two weeks off plan and I went crazy. The result was a gain of 6lbs. I too got upset and felt that I couldn't turn it back around. From a
mixture of support on here and not wanting to see the weight creeping back on I got back on track. I basically started from scratch. I re read the books, measured HeA and HeB's, stuck to 10syns a day and ate plenty of fruit and veg. In ten days I lost 5lbs. So Im nearly back to where I was before my binge.

What you need to do is get back to WI this week, face whatever the scales say and take it from there. If I turned it around so can you. Theres no better feeling than being back on track and losing every week. You have lost so much weight already. Once you get back on plan you will be flying. Good luck x

Mandy me and you are going to smash this week that's a promise!

Let's get together and make a weekly meal plan and stick to it xx

Thanks so much. I know I can turn this around, I just need to pull myself together. I've decided that I'm going to shell out and join a gym, and I'm totally going to face what the scales say this Tuesday. I won't be happy about it, but I'm a big girl (no pun intended haha) and can face up to my own mistakes.

There's a girl I know who goes to the same group as me, and I reached out to her earlier also for a bit of support and found out she's going through a bad patch herself, so we've both decided to go to group early and have a quiet word with our C. Normally I have no problem admitting I've been a naughty girl in group, but we've had a woman join recently, and she's "Miss Perfect" if you know what I mean. The girl I was talking to earlier had a gain at last week's WI and this other woman basically said in Image Therapy "well if you were determined you wouldn't have put on". That doesn't help. And now she's too afraid to speak up in class. So we're going to kill two birds with one stone on Tuesday.
And I'll be making a work-out plan with this girl as well, since she's a member of the same gym I've decided to join.

Rozie... I can definitely plan meals for the week with you..but it'll be a loose plan, if you get me, since I never really know what I fancy for dinner until dinner time lol. It's not really the meals that I'm losing the plot with, though... it's the sweets. So I'm not buying any this week at all. I usually keep some chomps or curly wurly's or something floating around for my syns in the evening, but the past few weeks I've just been scoffing them all one after the other til I feel sick!

I think I'll just incorporate my syns into meals for a while, at least until I'm back on track, and save a few for an options hot choc at night.
I wouldn't say my determination is back at top level, but it's definitely better than it was while I started this thread earlier. Just basically having a plan of action helps. And if I'm shelling out for a gym membership then I want my money's worth lol

I've screeched off plan many times in the last year, but whenever I feel things falling apart, I sit myself down and give myself a good talking to. I think about how I felt about myself when I started and why I'm doing this. Then I think about how amazing I feel now, how much fitter, more confident etc and think about whether I really want to go back to the old me. Then I draw a line underneath the binge and get back on plan straight away. There may well be a gain, but we all have them - just think about how well you've already done and get back to it. :)

Well done on that decision to join a gym and also on your training buddy - having someone else to do it with is very motivating and helps you to stick to it on days when it's easy to just skip it.

As for "Miss Perfect", some people are just like that. Ignore her and make the most of class. if she says anything else then have a quiet word with your consultant. :)

Back