Introucing myself - starting tomorrow

nzmegs

Silver Member
I have just ordered my first week of exante, after waiting for days to be contacted by a LL counsellor I decided to sort it out for myself.
I still want to move on to LL at some point as I am interested in the counselling, so I may switch.
I have lots of questions which hopefully will be answered through a read of these threads, but in the meantime some quick details about me.
I work from home as a writer and have around 36 pounds to lose in total. My first goal is to lose one stone which I would like to do before the new year.
I have been around 2 stone overweight for around ten years despite being on a constant diet. Sound familiar? I tend to sabotage myself just when things are going well. I need to learn why I do that.
As well as dealing with my weight I am also working on dealing with the issues I have which got me here in the first place. I will be using this site as a place to air my problems and get some insight - I hope that is OK!

Hi NZ, welcome to exante club! Hope you find a lot of information and inspiration through the boards. I have completed 12 weeks so far and have had some ups and downs. I feel that exante is an excellent way to start with your weight loss journey. For the first month I was very focussed (and slightly obsessed) but the speed of the intial weight loss is such a motivator to keep going. I have been going through a little wobble recently because I have had a few social events and now this week a dose of flu so have not been 100% and the weight loss has slowed down but it is still going in the right direction so I am happy enough with that. So far I have lost 3 stone in 12 weeks and have set myself a new goal of getting 7lb off before Christmas so going to knuckle down now for the next few weeks! Just remember the drink plenty of water...just off now to get a pint down..best of luck :D

Wow, that is amazing weight loss. well done! I have been contacted by the LL lady - finally! I will be attending an introductory meeting this weekend. I don't expect I will be able to start straight away so I will be doing this in the meantime.When the time is right I will move across to the LL threads.

Hi and welcome. Exante and LL are much the same really except Exante can be done for a third of the price (when you get the monthly bumper packs it works out at £25 per week), and it is up to YOU to control the speed of your plan, your goals and your weigh-in's. I have a friend who is doing LL and she doesnt really rate the counselling as she doesnt feel that she is any closer to understanding why she overeats or uses food as an emotional crutch - despite being on the plan for 11 weeks. I tried LL a couple of years ago but only stuck to it for a couple of weeks as I wasn't in the right 'zone' and felt that the plan was far too restrictive for my lifestyle at the time - so I can't really comment personally on the counselling side of things. I have only just begun my journey but feel that I am ready to embrace the VLCD this time around. I'm planning on doing some reading/self-counselling throughout my time on Exante as I really and truly want this to be the LAST time I have to lose weight. Good luck in your first week, the hunger subsides after a few days and then things become easier.

How is your first week going? This place is great I agree, feels very homely :)

Hi all - I have switched to the Lighter Life plan and have a diary up and running over there. Come and take a look!

Good luck! I lost 5st on LL and loved the shakes.

My counsellor was a star, really think it does make a difference of you get on with them.

Will pop and check out your diary soon, in the meantime enjoy your first week!!

Spotty xxx

Good Luck, I lost 52lbs on LL, in 10 wks, have switched to Exante.
Its so much cheaper and sounds very similar.:D

weight.png

I started off with the Exante Multi Pack and I like em all except the Choc shake. So all is well. :D

weight.png

Back