IPOD Classic V Touch help

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
i want to get one of the above for hubbys birthday.
he wants it to play music on docking station and for recording his own songs on, mostly.

what would you recommend. help needed.

Classic wont run apps, just plays music and/or video, whereas touch has apps available, still plays music and can be used on the internet if you have a wireless connection.

I would go for the touch.

You girls are so clever I don't even know what one of those ipod thingies look like let alone what an app. is ,or 32 thingy-bob gigs is.

No wonder my son despairs of me lol................he works for Blackberry..........travels the world......he invents things............. he doesn't know I have never knowingly seen a Blackberry lol !!!

Images didn't load - post edited x

Last edited:
I was bought a 32g touch for my birthday and its fabulous! Have downloaded all sorts of apps and loads of music too. I would really recommend it.

Lol - don't get me started on technology!

I have the classic - 160gb to store all sorts of stuff. Then I got the Touch, great I though - I now get wifi and the apps.

However, take the Touch away from a wifi connection or outside etc. then I realised I needed connectivity (3g) so the Iphone 4 was added so I can get online without wifi!

There was an inevitability about getting the Ipad to compete the line-up! - I'll leave you to calculate the total cost and marvel at Apple's marketing skills to convince me (and probably many others) to purchase or desire stuff I don't need!

Steve

You girls are so clever I don't even know what one of those ipod thingies look like let alone what an app. is ,or 32 thingy-bob gigs is.

No wonder my son despairs of me lol................he works for Blackberry..........travels the world......he invents things............. he doesn't know I have never knowingly seen a Blackberry lol !!!

:eek: Think of all the freebees you could have!!!!

I have the classic - 160gb to store all sorts of stuff. Then I got the Touch, great I though - I now get wifi and the apps.

However, take the Touch away from a wifi connection or outside etc. then I realised I needed connectivity (3g) so the Iphone 4 was added so I can get online without wifi!

There was an inevitability about getting the Ipad to compete the line-up! - I'll leave you to calculate the total cost and marvel at Apple's marketing skills to convince me (and probably many others) to purchase or desire stuff I don't need!

Steve

I know what you mean. I have the touch and get frustrated when I can't use it away from home, so I'm now eyeing up an Iphone:rolleyes:

Steve

Nor me!

Which games console would sir like today...the Touch, Xbox 360, the Playstation, the DS.... arghhhh! In my household, gadgets are def a boy thing! And now he wants to get the I-phone for exactly the same reason, when there's no connection... xxx

I bought my hubby a touch for Xmas 09 and he adored it for messing around on the net at home rather than getting the laptop out. As of December he is now the proud owner of an iPhone so I have inherited his touch (which I am typing on now!) and I love it. It's great for listening to music and the apps and access to the net (while at home) is great

Definitely the Touch - I have upgraded to the iPad :D but I still use my Touch while out jogging or like Sarah said without having to get the MacBook Pro out (can you tell I am an Apple freak!!!) xx

Steve

I've got an i-touch but find wi-fi isn't always available, and the screen is a little to small for my liking. I too have been eyeing up the i-pad which I know I'll eventually get, well I think before I go on hols in December:D

Back