Irish Molly's 2011 Diary

11/06 well I am pleased as I had a little loss this week. Down another 2lbs. Other than usual food I had a night of drink and savouries, cake etc at a drinks party. I had eaten very little for the rest of that day so I could limit the damage.
Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Brilliant well done Molly :)
Drinks, savouries & cakes sounds likens perfect night!!!!!!! :drool:

A LITTLE loss!?! I think that's great and I'd be over the moon and not calling it little!! Well done you xxx

Once I stick with food as fresh and unprocessed as possible and limit bread potato pasta and rice I have no problem maintaining. I never feel deprived or hungry.

My problem is that I love bread, potatoes, past and rice. On SW you can "eat as much as you want". Its misleading and that's where things go wrong for many people, instead of sticking to 3 meals a day and 2 snacks we tend to eat all day long. Total failure!!!:D

Wow Molly - you've lost another 2lb - well done xx

dolphin10 said:
My problem is that I love bread, potatoes, past and rice. On SW you can "eat as much as you want". Its misleading and that's where things go wrong for many people, instead of sticking to 3 meals a day and 2 snacks we tend to eat all day long. Total failure!!!:D

Believe me, I loved, loved pasta, potato, bread and rice in that order. With GL I have learned to love so many new foods. I am now so in love with bean dishes of all sorts. I cheat and use tinned beans so no need for soaking or long cooking. A hot or cold dish can be on the table within half an hour.
Butter beans or cannelini beans mashed are a great substitute for mashed potato.
Quinoa or couscous are great instead of rice or pasta.
A little experimenting with your fav recipes is all you need to make subtle changes to a more GL friendly diet.

Yes dolphin10 SW won't limit the amount you can have as their philosophy is NOT to count/weigh/measure anything except healthy extras HOWEVER they DO say not to eat for the sake of it - only when hungry and to stop when full. This is great in theory but my argument was always - if we could do that, we wouldn't have a problem in the first place!! :eek: x

JanD said:
Yes dolphin10 SW won't limit the amount you can have as their philosophy is NOT to count/weigh/measure anything except healthy extras HOWEVER they DO say not to eat for the sake of it - only when hungry and to stop when full. This is great in theory but my argument was always - if we could do that, we wouldn't have a problem in the first place!! :eek: x

Jan, I totally agree. Plans that give us lots of free foods etc can be a minefield. At the end of the day they all contain cals and too many cals= gain!! We have to learn to zip our lips more often !!

clarri said:
You are doing so well getting back to it IL. Im slowly discovering that salty foods are lethal for my bod. Experimenting with cutting down this week. Im not even a mad salt user.
Anyway, happy days.
xx

Salt is a demon if we have too much. Processed foods have so much salt. I avoid processed foods as much as possible and rarely add it in cooking. Food tastes soo much better too!!

Believe me, I loved, loved pasta, potato, bread and rice in that order. With GL I have learned to love so many new foods. I am now so in love with bean dishes of all sorts. I cheat and use tinned beans so no need for soaking or long cooking. A hot or cold dish can be on the table within half an hour.
Butter beans or cannelini beans mashed are a great substitute for mashed potato.
Quinoa or couscous are great instead of rice or pasta.
A little experimenting with your fav recipes is all you need to make subtle changes to a more GL friendly diet.

Thank you Molly. One of the books I picked yesterday from my library is called The GI Diet Clinic by Rick Gallop. It looks very promising:D

You are right Jan, although I am a SW fan I am being educated whilst on LT, I don't agree with their philosophy that "you can eat as much as you want". I believe it's not good idea to encourage open ended eating. I am bit of a traditionalist, and feel we should have 3 meals and 2 snacks a day.:D I am reading around the subject now:D

Jan, I totally agree. Plans that give us lots of free foods etc can be a minefield. At the end of the day they all contain cals and too many cals= gain!! We have to learn to zip our lips more often !!

LT is teaching me to think outside the box, I don't think I will ever be obese again, PROMISE:D

We all have to hope we can keep the weight off. We just have to get into the correct mindset. Not always easy but we can do it!!!

Little bit of excess yesterday. Too much drink and food!!! 80/20 rule applied! Will be a good girl for the rest of the week.
Have a good week everyone.

Wow Molly havent you done well!!! I am super jealous :) Your menus looked great!

I saw tins of those beans you mentioned in Superquinn.......I might get some just to try.........! I did try cook cous cous once....complete disaster lol

I'm with Tanya on the cous cous. It's hard to do wrong!!! Pour over a little boiling water and let it soak it up. Otherwise toss in a couple of dessert spoons into a pan over a stirfry and add a little chicken stock and give it five minutes, it makes a lovely one pot dish.

Back