Irish Molly's 2011 Diary

Yum yum - might have to have cous cous this week. Lemon cous cous is fab!!

Glad you enjoyed you Sunday Molly :) xx

A good positive day yesterday.
B: porridge
L: mixed salad with good tablespoon hummous and two rye crackers.
D: prawns, couscous , courgette, pepper, onion in a big stirfry with lemon and creme fraiche and cinnamon.
EasiYo toffee yoghurt with 150 g frozen mixed berries.
Snacks: slice homemade brown soda bread and marmalade, apple, small kinder chocolate bar.
I also walked a lot yesterday, three miles in total.

That menu sounds lovely! :) xx

would you share your recipe for homemade brown soad bread? I'm feeling a lamb and barley irish stew coming on for the weekend!

No problem Ruth. I'll put the bread recipe in the recipe thread.

18/06 weigh in this morning is a STS so I'm happy with that. Food has been fine, nice big filling meals and a couple of snacks every day. Snacks have been healthy too, either fruit and a few seeds or a carman fruit muesli bar or Nakd bar.
Have a good weekend all.

You're up early! ;)

Well done on the sts - that's what we're all aiming for in the end!! :D Have a lovely weekend xx

Well done Molly and your menu from the other day looks really nice! I've got my nak'd bars in the cupboard, at the ready ;)

Morning all. Will be out to a nice lunch today. Apart from wine I will make good choices, hopefully! I was out to a nice lunch yesterday and apart from a rhubarb pie I was pretty good. Snacked on too many pumpkin seeds last night, best part of 100g packet. They can be addictive.

For the coming week my foods will be drawn from this list:

B: 500mls water + coffee with one of:
>50 g porridge oats 15g seed mix
>Poached egg on two slices of burgen soy and linseed bread.
>40g Smoked salmon on one slice homemade brown bread
>148 g Mixed berries with seeds and 100 ml yoghurt

L: 500 mls water, coffee with one of:
>68 g tuna or 100g boiled beetroot with a large salad of leaves, tomato, pepper, scallion on two rye crackers seasoned with black pepper and balsamic
>50 g hummous with 50 g beetroot and a large salad of leaves, tomato, pepper, scallion on two rye crackers seasoned with black pepper and balsamic
>Carman or Nakd bar
> any chicken salad wrap

D: one of these recipes in recipe thread)
>spicy mixed bean dish
>Veg stir-fry with quorn
>Quinoa,prawn and veg stir-fry
>Turkey and veg with 30 g couscous
> Lentil curry with mixed veg on the side

Pudding: 100 mls any easiyo yoghurt with:
>125g blueberries
>Apple
>Pear
>Two plums
>Two kiwi
> 140g frozen mixed berries

Snacks: any two of the following
>two plums with 15 g mixed seeds
>Chopped apple
>2 Oatcakes with peanut butter or cherry toms and cream cheese
>Up to 4 nairns sweet biscuits
>Nature valley chewy trail mix bar
>carman fruit muesli bar

Hope you enjoyed your lunch :) xx

Lunch was lush in a lovely restaurant. I had goats cheese tartlet for starters and salmon for mains with broccoli, asparagus, spinach, fine beans and cauliflower. I passed in dessert and opted for mucho vino and gin n tonics instead!!!!

Now that's MY kind of lunch!!! ;) (just replacing the gin for vodka and the tonic for diet coke ;)) Glad you enjoyed :) xx

Ooh sounds v.yummy!! Xx

Well back on track after weekend planned excess. In fairness, the excess was mostly GL friendly, just had too much of it. Alcohol, not GL friendly but part of my 20% for the weekend!!!
Hope everyone us doing well.

Back