Irish Molly's 2011 Diary

Mmmm that sounds nice. I haven't had sweet potatoes for ages and I really like them :) x

2/7 I had a STS this week. Very happy about that. Food was good for most of the week. I had one night at a friends where drink and a fair few choccie biscuits were consumed. Of course that led to a bit of a carb fest the following day with 100g fudge being scoffed . Apart from that, it was good wholesome food every day.
Loving salads at the minute based around either beetroot, hummous, quorn slices or smoked salmon or tuna.
My other fav thing just now is veg curry with a sweet potato in it.
Have a good day all.

Very well done on the sts Molly :D .... good to see you can have good times with pals and still control what goes on on those pesky scales! ;) xx

Think I may try the veg curry as am getting a little tired of the endless salads!

Luckily we gow our own salad stuff and veg and fruits but still need to be inventive.

Have cut out bread altogether and have only had some pasta once. Feel so much better and less bloated. :D

Check out some of the recipes in the recipe thread in the stickies section. There is some yum stuff that won't drive your blood sugars wild.

Hi all. I had a great weekend. The 20% rule was over applied. Indian curry, lots of wine etc. But...... Back on track now for the week. I plan on some nice sweet potato curry for a couple of dinners and will have fish or quorn on other days. brekkies will be porridge or poached egg on toast brown bread. Lunches will be small salads.
Have a good week.

Glad you had a good weekend :) Looks like you're as organised as usual and will soon make up for the over applied rule ;) x

Thanks Clarri. There is no choice but get back to it after a spell of indulgence. Otherwise the scales go up and up! Xxx

And you're an expert at it Molly :) xx

Well I have a STS this week. By the skin of my teeth though as I have been snacking a bit too much as well as having a few too many Drambuies with ginger ale. V nice but pure sugar!!!! I need to watch myself or the scales will start going in the wrong direction!!!!
Have a good weekend all.

well done on the STS chick :) Sounds like you're going to get right back on track x

Wow, well very well done on your sts in that case :) you must have been dong everything else perfectly! :D xx

Had a good weekend. A bit of permitted overindulgence but am back on track for the week. I realise one thing and that is that I feel much better on a GL friendly lifestyle. Foods and drinks I once loved just make me feel so stodgy, listless etc.

What makes us do it??
A lifetime of conditioning.
Food/ drink as reward
Food/drink for disappointment
Food/drink for fun
Food/drink cos your cold/hot
Food/drink cos you're sick
Food/drink as lifestyle
Etc etc
Healthy eating does not have to equal being a misery. It is just how you choose to live.
What I do more now is promise myself a non food treat. An example being weekends away. Instead of huge amounts of food or drink I buy myself something with the money I might have otherwise spent. I now have a nice collection of clothes, cosmetics etc that I would not have had I spent the money on padding my hips!!!!

You're so right Molly!! I totally agree. That realisation/awareness is a wonderful thing! I'm getting there in some ways but I'm nothing like as far along that path as you are. Great stuff! :D xx

Back