Irish Molly's 2011 Diary

Or what about butternut squash hummus? M and S do them and I'm sure it would be easy to do at home. They use a mixture of butternut squash and cannelloni beans and harissa paste and the usual herbs and spices.

Ashie if you become a chickpea, we'll have to make you into hummus :)

Right behind the reflection of the chickpea will be you lot holding a food processor and evil grin on your faces. :D

Lmao!! Maniacs with food processors and drooling over giant chickpeas!!!
I'm liking the idea of red lentil or butternut squash hummous. Must check those out.

Please post recipes :)

DSC_0035_banner.JPG

Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus with Cumin

1 small butternut squash, halved, seeds scooped out
1/4 cup tahini
3 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Brush the squash with oil and place on a baking sheet, cut side down. Roast for about an hour, until the squash is very tender. Scoop out the flesh and place in a food processor along with the remaining ingredients.

Last edited:
That looks really really yummy ruth!

For the red lentil hummus, I've seen it suggested that you can just use your normal hummus recipe using the same weight of cooked red lentils as you'd use of chickpeas. Apparently they're slightly easier to digest too. I'm going to try this!

The butternut squash recipe looks yum, but I probably would substitute a bit of the squash for cannelloni beans, so that there is some protein in there.

ETA: Actually the tahini has protein in it, doesn't it?

The tahini will have some protein, you could try adding the recipe to myfitnesspal and see how the protein/carb balance comes out both with all squash and with part beans?

how are you doing this week Molly?

I was just wondering the same thing. I haven't seen Molly post recently. Is everything okay Molly? We miss you!

ruth frances said:
Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus with Cumin

1 small butternut squash, halved, seeds scooped out
1/4 cup tahini
3 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Brush the squash with oil and place on a baking sheet, cut side down. Roast for about an hour, until the squash is very tender. Scoop out the flesh and place in a food processor along with the remaining ingredients.

This looks delish! Can't wait to try it post lipotrim ;) haha

Hi Molly, I found myself thinking of you today again. I hope you're doing ok and that you'll rejoin us when you feel better! Please take care.

Back