Irish Molly's 2011 Diary

Thanks all. The last couple of days have been ok. I had a birthday party to attend and I did have some cake and some choc topped fruits.
I've had a STS week so I'm happy with that too.

Well done Molly :) x

Great result well done :) xx

Thanks all. Today was a bit of a snack fest!! No real main meals and lots of snacks. It was just that kind of a hectic out and about day, Christmas shopping, Christmas atmosphere and no pre planning!!!
Ah well, the week starts afresh tomorrow!

Hope today was a successful day today, Molly.

Well done with STS, it's great that you kept STS during these crazy holiday times with all the foods everywhere.

Yep Cali, everything is very much holiday mode around me. I'm trying to be extra strict for any five days of the week and then allowing treats on the other two days.

Well today has been unfocused. No planning and that has led to inappropriate eating. I didn't have lunch but then had a 200g !!!!!!!! Bag of almonds!!! I then had some plain chocolate! I'll have to put the day down as one of my off days for the week. I have a lunch on Friday and a whole day out on Saturday so I need to be strict until Friday at least!!

Oooops thats why I dont keep nuts in the house, once I start, I CANT stop. I can resist chocolate so much easier than nuts, especially cashews!

I am sure you will get back into it tomorrow Molly :)

Really can't wait for the holidays to go by, so it'll be much smooth sailing for all of us :).

Oh I can feel the Christmas spirit!! Harder to be good now!
Today
B: porridge
L: ham and cheese sandwich and veg soup
D: 3 oz roast beef with half sweet potato and one parsnip and gravy
Snacks: here it went awry!! Two fairy caked! A bar chocolate!! Three shortcakes !!! I was at a friends and cakes and biccies were produced! I'd usually resist but like u said Christmas is calling! Remind me, when is it over??? Lol

It is so difficult sometimes, isn't it Molly, and like you say, especially now that we are into December (by 4 minutes) it is harder to resist.

If anyone can do it though, you can.

Oh Mary, temptation is a dread isn't it!!!! I have so many things happening over the next few weeks that it's hard to get even a few days in a row to be good. But...... I know I must not let myself go completely mad.
You're doing great at the minute, so keep at it hon. We've just got to keep plugging along.
Btw you spurred me on to get a slow cooker!! I did a roast in it today and it was good. I've done a big bean stew too which turned out great. How are you getting on with yours?

I am loving it, I cooked brisket, stew, chicken casserole and curry in it up to now. I have some liver in the freezer which I will probably make on Saturday.

I have some tinned beans at home, I forget which ones, I know one is canneloni, but I forget the others, I might pop them down for you to see if you have any ideas on what to do with them, as I haven't really experimented much with beans, and never had a bean stew in my life. Sounds interesting. Do you have that with proteins?

I know Molly, it is especially difficult not to let yourself go completely mad with naughties sometimes. Ces't la vie though hun eh! Why did they put that apple on the tree I often ask myself.....:)

Mary
Here's one for you. It keeps well in the fridge for three days. Total cals about 280.
Spicy Chick pea Stew
Serves Three
1 tin chick peas,
1 tin toms,
3 cloves garlic,
2 bay leaf,
½ tsp cinnamon,
1 courgette roughly chopped
Red pepper roughly chopped
3 stick celery,
1 onion,
300g frozen mixed veg

Bung everything except the chick peas and mixed veg in a pan. Simmer for 10-15 mins Add chick peas and mixed veg and bring back to the boil and simmer for 5 mins.
Add Juice of a lemon and 3 dessert spoons of crème fraiche.
Serve it over a large green salad seasoned with lemon juice and pepper.

For a change add 300g chopped prawns instead of chick peas.

Back