Iron tablets (CDC feedback much appreciated)

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Laura Croft, 24 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    Does anyone take any nutrition supplements whilst on SS+/810? I find that taking an iron tablet helps but haven't decided if it is my head.

I know the packs contain the RDA amount of vitamins and minerals but when I did SS+ last time, I ended up with loads of bruises on my legs and was told this was partially because my body was used to higher levels of Vitamin K than the RDA. Then can the same be said for iron as well, especially during TOTM?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sbridge7

sbridge7 Silver Member

Diet:
    Maintenance after CD
    I'm not sure but my totm are quite heavy so a few months back my doctor put me on a 3 month supply of iron tablets. My totm are still pretty heavy so I will go back to get tested in a few weeks. However I've been anaemic even before I started CD. Be careful with taking extra nutrition supplements whilst on CD as you don't want to overdose on certain vitamins or minerals.

4. alipally

alipally Serial Dieter!

Start Weight:
    118.3kg
    Current Weight:
    113.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    80kg
    Lost(%):
    4.6kg(3.87%)
    Diet:
    Optifast/cambridge
    If you are having dark stools already then you don't need iron supplementation. If your stools are a 'normal, pre CD colour then you could take them. However, it may make you constipated!

Iron won't do anything for your clotting either it's purely beneficial to your Haemoglobin, levels.

Vitamin K on the other had is essential for appropriate clotting of the blood. If you have an extra VitK requirement then do take it.

5. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    Thanks for that Ali. Both points I had forgotten about.

I realise vitamin K and iron are for different reasons. Think I'll try for a week and see how I feel.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.