Ironing.. Why?

Kitteh

Resident geek
Loads of people have been ironing today.. and im just like.. WHY?
Everything you iron either gets folded and put in a drawer.. therefore creases.. or gets hung up.. and the creases drop out..
haha.. does anyone else just NOT iron.. or is it just me??

Im not offending people if you do iron.. im just having some fun.. lol

x x x x x x x

I'm with you babes! I don't buy stuff that needs ironing (if I can help it). I either just hang stuff up when it's dry - or put them straight into the drawer too.

Fortunately I have a DH who's a 'domestic God' and irons his own shirts too. How lucky am I? :D

haha.. deff the right idea Sharon..! Ironing.. in the 21st centuary.. are they kidding us? lol..

x x

I have never ironed, ever. My son does his shirts now and again but that's it.

I can't believe how many people DON'T iron:eek:...... I am one of those people (though in the minority by the sounds of it....:rolleyes:) that irons everything except for pants and socks.....:) I am crumple free and PROUD:D:D

Definitely no ironing! Have to run it over my daughters school uniform at times but try my best to avoid it at all costs. There is the odd photo of me ironing as it is such a rare event:)

There has to be one doesnt there.. lol.. i used to know someone who used to iron everyhing.. socks.. pants.. bed covers.. why the hell would you iron bed covers? jeeeeeeez..
x x x

There has to be one doesnt there.. lol.. i used to know someone who used to iron everyhing.. socks.. pants.. bed covers.. why the hell would you iron bed covers? jeeeeeeez..
x x x

Nothing nicer than ironed, fresh, clean bedding...... perfect..... now if only I was so particular bout my diet - then I would be a perfect size 12!!!!

Off to get into my lovely ironed bed now! (bedding ironed not the bed - I'm not THAT mad....lol)

xx

Nothing nicer than ironed, fresh, clean bedding...... perfect..... now if only I was so particular bout my diet - then I would be a perfect size 12!!!!

Off to get into my lovely ironed bed now! (bedding ironed not the bed - I'm not THAT mad....lol)

xx

LOL.. do you really iron bedsheets??
x x

I detest ironing:mad:

Having said that, I've just finished this weeks lot. 19 shirts, 6 t-shirts, 5 pillow cases, 3 pairs of trousers.

An average week:sigh:

Doesn't help that DS2 tries clothes on and then if he changes his mind, he puts them straight out to wash again.

Even worse, I reckon he put clean stuff (pants, socks etc) straight back in the wash because it's quicker than putting them away:sigh:

KD..!!!!!!!!!! I would make them do it themselves.. lol..

x x

I know. I'm bonkers:eek: I feel sure that if I did pass the job over, the amount of washing and ironing would reduce drastically.

BTW, does anyone know why teens 'hang' their clothes on the floor?:confused:

Nothing nicer than ironed, fresh, clean bedding...... perfect.....

Erm .. isn't that why fitted sheets were invented? :eek:

All you have to do is stretch (freshly washed and air-dried) fitted sheets over the bed - et voila! No creases :D

God bless elastic :happy036:

Must admit, I'd never iron sheets:eek: Or teatowels!

My face could do with an iron. Probably the most wrinkled thing in this house, but I don't suppose that's to be recommended:confused:

All you have to do is stretch (freshly washed and air-dried) fitted sheets over the bed - et voila! No creases :D

Hahahahaha... exactly..!! i wouldnt dare buy a sheet without it.. but thats only cos i move around so much in my sleep it would come up otherwise.. im not assed about creases.. lol.. no one gets to see them anyways.. and mac doesnt mind.. lol

x x x

Im with you on that one Sharon.

Im another non ironer, everything gets hung up on hangers when it comes out the washing machine & left to dry. Dont know the last time I ironed anything lol

BTW, does anyone know why teens 'hang' their clothes on the floor?:confused:
I'm not a teen but I must confess to owning a Floordrobe!

i never iron unless it is absolutely necessary. I wear a waistcoat and jacket over my shirts at work so I'm not going to waste my time ironing them

What is DH and DS2?

ironing is agony.....the last time i actually emptied my ironing basket was at christmas!

i do like to have ironed clothes though, but i have discovered how to make the whole process a lot less torturous, i fold EVERYTHING, pile it all in the basket and the weight of all the other stuff on top "irons" the stuff at the bottom!!!:D

xxxx

Back