is a GP form absolutely necessary?

yes, i don't think CDC's are allowed to sell you the product unless they are sure that you have no medical things that could affect your health. Don't worry though most GP's are pleased that you are loosing weight.

Your BMI is extrememly high therefore you should be under your GP and YES a MRF should be signed. If you do not get a form signed then you will not be able to SS...it would have to be the 1200 or 1500 plan.

Please do not SS. (4 packs a day for your height)

yep, what i did was in my GP pratice was to make an appointment with the one that i felt was always treated me nicelyin the past and he one of the most senior in the pratice. My actual GP can be a idiot at times.

That reminds me i bet she hasn't written a "gp" letter for my son's medication for the flight. (Checked the dose with his paed and the idiot gp had prescribed too lower a dose).

Yes, you must get the form from your cdc and then make an appointment to go and see your GP.. the form must be signed and the surgery stamp on each of the 3 copies. You then take it back to your CDC.

Your BMI is extrememly high therefore you should be under your GP and YES a MRF should be signed. If you do not get a form signed then you will not be able to SS...it would have to be the 1200 or 1500 plan.

Please do not SS. (4 packs a day for your height)
for the 1200, how many shakes is that? 3 a day plus the rest of the cals in food?

For the 1200 cals it 2 shakes per day and breakfast, lunch and dinner from a selected list. However, you do still have to go to the GP in the first instance, it is only if he refuses we can allow 1200 cal programme.

You cannot just start on 1200 without first consulting your GP as it is a mandatory requirement.

Register with a GP in your area, ideally the person who signs should have access to your diagnostic records. So they may need to contact your last GP.

Linda

with my form i just took it to my gp surgery and left it in, went back next day to collect and gp spent 30 mins reading the information for gp's booklet and checking my notes, he then wished me luck and sent me on my way
i was then lucky enough to get in the next day to see my cdc

Hi, my doc retired without telling me so I had to see another doc and he sent me for a blood test it all came back fine but not only is it necessity, it's also nice to know you're fit and healthy xx

how do u go about getting one signed, do u just take the form away, get it signed, then take it back to the cdc?

You do really need to be registered with a GP you know!

Past that, the GP Form is not usually a problem.

My BMI was over 52 when I started and is now just 40 - in 17 weeks.

As the CDC's have said, you need the form signed if you do anything other than the 1200 Plan.

My advice would be to go and register yourself - you won't regret the decision to do CD or the SS programme.

Good luck x

Back