Is anyone doing this for love?

thechaplingirl

Is anybody loosing weight for somebody else or to find somebody else?
I'm interested to hear your reasons.
A part of me is doing this for love.
xoxo

Last edited:
I know :(
I always go for guys way out of my league, figured I have to step up my game because I don't want to settle for second best.
xoxo

Its sad to say but yea partly. My last bf broke up with me cus i was gaining the pounds. Im still in love with him even tho i shouldnt be. N hes going out with some girl now who looks like a thinner version of me. Devastated!
It does seem shallow but i do think u cant get the kind of love u want wen ur massive - ppl have to be at least a bit attracted to fall in love. Just my opinion but it seems to be that way as far as i can see :(

The way i looked at is my primary reason for doing it has to be for me! If i do it for someone else i will fail. On the love note if a guy doesnt want to be with you just cause of you body type then he isnt worth being with!!!

I'm certainly doing it to gain the self-confidence associated with being thin, to let me approach potentil love interests! Fed up of feeling too fat to find love! :D

I would love to say that is not a factor but I would lying to you and to myself.

My most important reasons (honestly) are, health (I'm paranoid I'll have a heart attack) and fashion. I know weight loss won't magically make my confidence go up because I've never been confident and I haven't always been fat.

I definitely want to meet someone! I have been single for 3 years now ( I met my ex when I was 17, a child when I was 21 and we split when I was 22), I think it's time! ;)

Its sad to say but yea partly. My last bf broke up with me cus i was gaining the pounds. Im still in love with him even tho i shouldnt be. N hes going out with some girl now who looks like a thinner version of me. Devastated!
It does seem shallow but i do think u cant get the kind of love u want wen ur massive - ppl have to be at least a bit attracted to fall in love. Just my opinion but it seems to be that way as far as i can see :(

His loss!
If he's gone for a slimmer version of you I wonder what he will do when you're a slimmer version of you.
I hope he grovels back to you and you're happy with someone who loves you for you.
xoxo

The way i looked at is my primary reason for doing it has to be for me! If i do it for someone else i will fail. On the love note if a guy doesnt want to be with you just cause of you body type then he isnt worth being with!!!

I agree with what you're saying but from my experience I got more attention when I was slimmer. I think the confidence I would gain with losing weight will make me more comfortable talking to the opposite sex therefore help me find someone - if that makes sense.
xoxo

I'm certainly doing it to gain the self-confidence associated with being thin, to let me approach potentil love interests! Fed up of feeling too fat to find love! :D

I couldn't agree with you more. I am totally fed up of feeling too fat to find love. Its such a shame that we are made to feel that way isn't it? :(
xoxo

I would love to say that is not a factor but I would lying to you and to myself.

My most important reasons (honestly) are, health (I'm paranoid I'll have a heart attack) and fashion. I know weight loss won't magically make my confidence go up because I've never been confident and I haven't always been fat.

I definitely want to meet someone! I have been single for 3 years now ( I met my ex when I was 17, a child when I was 21 and we split when I was 22), I think it's time! ;)

i'm also doing it for fashion, I can't wait to wear the clothes I want to wear.
I hope you do find confidence hun!
It sooooo is your time.
I've never had a serious relationship so i think its my time too!
xoxo

i'm also doing it for fashion, I can't wait to wear the clothes I want to wear.
I hope you do find confidence hun!
It sooooo is your time.
I've never had a serious relationship so i think its my time too!
xoxo

Girllllll :D

Have you ever gone in a shop and think - '' damn imagine how this would look".

Or 'daydream' about clothes - I have a wicked fashion sense that I'm ready to explore! :p

Girllllll :D

Have you ever gone in a shop and think - '' damn imagine how this would look".

Or 'daydream' about clothes - I have a wicked fashion sense that I'm ready to explore! :p

Yes!!! I think that every time I go shopping.

I was going to say the same but i felt big headed haha... my friends commend me on my fashion sense even at this weight but I'm gonna blow them away when i'm a size 14. <3
xoxo

im doing it for love - of myself!!!!! i want to look amazing and people to think - phwaor!!!!

My husband and I separated one month ago.. we still live in the same home right now (which is another story) We've had our ups and downs the past year or so ( for various reasons) and he had been complaining that I'm not happy and that makes him unhappy blah blah .. Now, according to my therapist he's having a midlife crisis, and he's blaming me and I know I can't take full blame..BUT I do take partial responsibility because he's right, I'm not happy.. Every time we would go out for a nice dinner I'd have a meltdown because I hated what I looked like or couldn't find the right outfit to wear, we never did any active hobbies together because I couldn't keep up. I lost my confidence and started hiding in more nights and became less social. Who wants a wife like that ?

Am I doing it this for love ? of course, I don't want to lose my husband and I want him to have a wife he can be proud of and a wife he willingly wants to do stuff with. But I'm also on a mission to find myself and be truly happy again. I do not want to feel this way anymore and I'm not naive, I know that my next step in life could very well be without my husband, if so then I need to make sure I am strong enough to handle that and be confident in myself to be single again and I don't think I'll be able to accomplish that if I don't feel good about myself.

For whatever our reasons.. love, health, happiness or to look good in our clothes, the main thing is that we're here.. and we're doing it ! :D

Well I'm definitely doing it to boost my self confidence, which is extremely low. I'm nearly 19, and I've never had a girlfriend due to the low self confidence - just feeling so fat and ugly in all honesty.

Aw thanx chaplin..that made me feel a lot better!
xo

im doing it for love - of myself!!!!! i want to look amazing and people to think - phwaor!!!!

They will!
Best of Luck.
xoxo

Well I'm definitely doing it to boost my self confidence, which is extremely low. I'm nearly 19, and I've never had a girlfriend due to the low self confidence - just feeling so fat and ugly in all honesty.

It could be worse, you could be 22 :p
Hope you get that confidence asap so you can make one lucky girl very happy.
oxox

My husband and I separated one month ago.. we still live in the same home right now (which is another story) We've had our ups and downs the past year or so ( for various reasons) and he had been complaining that I'm not happy and that makes him unhappy blah blah .. Now, according to my therapist he's having a midlife crisis, and he's blaming me and I know I can't take full blame..BUT I do take partial responsibility because he's right, I'm not happy.. Every time we would go out for a nice dinner I'd have a meltdown because I hated what I looked like or couldn't find the right outfit to wear, we never did any active hobbies together because I couldn't keep up. I lost my confidence and started hiding in more nights and became less social. Who wants a wife like that ?

Am I doing it this for love ? of course, I don't want to lose my husband and I want him to have a wife he can be proud of and a wife he willingly wants to do stuff with. But I'm also on a mission to find myself and be truly happy again. I do not want to feel this way anymore and I'm not naive, I know that my next step in life could very well be without my husband, if so then I need to make sure I am strong enough to handle that and be confident in myself to be single again and I don't think I'll be able to accomplish that if I don't feel good about myself.

For whatever our reasons.. love, health, happiness or to look good in our clothes, the main thing is that we're here.. and we're doing it ! :D

Thank you so much for sharing your story!
I'm so sorry to hear that your low self esteem is affecting your marriage. I really hope that you guys can save your marriage and I hope you can find confidence and get your sparkle back... I'm sure you're beautiful inside and out.
Hopefully loosing weight will make you feel happier about yourself and make you want to go out more and do stuff... hopefully you're husband will appreciate all you're doing and find the woman he married.

Best of luck with everything hun.
xoxo

Back