Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

I weigh myself every morning, it helps keep me on track. My scales must b the worse scales ever, there is a 1st difference from sw scales, i weigh 12.7 on scales at home & 13.7 on sw scales. Can't complain though I suppose u get wot u pay for, only cost me £2.99 lol

I weigh myself every morning, it helps keep me on track. My scales must b the worse scales ever, there is a 1st difference from sw scales, i weigh 12.7 on scales at home & 13.7 on sw scales. Can't complain though I suppose u get wot u pay for, only cost me £2.99 lol

Woa a stone difference??!

I used to weigh a lot but even though I did it to keep me on track, all those days of seeing the numbers go up (even though they were not accurate due to fluctuation) would put me in a sad mood for the day & sometimes make me give in & eat bad. I found it wasn't worth it.

I WI at home & do it once a week only. It is a struggle given how much I used to weigh myself but I'm happier in the week not obsessing over the number.

I weigh myself every morning and know that my weight will fluctuate but this doesn't bother me. What I hate is being 100% all week and then on weigh in find I have sts or gained. That really demoralizes me. I guess it is whatever works for you!

pugsy said:
I weigh myself every morning and know that my weight will fluctuate but this doesn't bother me. What I hate is being 100% all week and then on weigh in find I have sts or gained. That really demoralizes me. I guess it is whatever works for you!

It definitely works for me. Luckily enough I have not had a gain or sts since I started in January 2012. If I am a bit naughty and put on a little during the wk, I work extra hard to get it off by being strict with my eating and doing extra exercise.

I have always been a secret serial weigher....for pretty much the same reason as Pugsy. I don't like surprises and I am aware that my weight will vary day to day, but as long as it doesn't go up day after day, I know I am on track. It didn't bother me at all, until yesterday. I am desperately trying to get under 10st for the first time in over 10years, and yesterday the scales read 9st 13lb!! I was ecstatic, but this morning it had bounced up to 10st 0.5lb. I was so frustrated, as this is the first time it has really mattered to me to stay under 10st!!

At least I have another 2 days til WI!! If only I could keep those syns down...:p

docmurphy said:
I have always been a secret serial weigher....for pretty much the same reason as Pugsy. I don't like surprises and I am aware that my weight will vary day to day, but as long as it doesn't go up day after day, I know I am on track. It didn't bother me at all, until yesterday. I am desperately trying to get under 10st for the first time in over 10years, and yesterday the scales read 9st 13lb!! I was ecstatic, but this morning it had bounced up to 10st 0.5lb. I was so frustrated, as this is the first time it has really mattered to me to stay under 10st!!

At least I have another 2 days til WI!! If only I could keep those syns down...:p

Like you say 2whole days, you can do it!
I'm hoping to be under 10 next WI

Well I'm staying at my mother-in-laws for a week or so and there aren't any scales here. So far I haven't really thought about it.

Ha! I've just weighed myself and I'm less than I was at Sw yesterday morning and that's even if I add a bit for light clothes. Weighing each day, especially in the morning, keeps me on the straight and narrow.

stivesliz said:
As long as you always weigh on the same scales round about the same time every week you should get an accurate weight - though I would be temppted to use the Tescos ones again lol!
I bought a set of Weight Watchers scales from Boots last year - they were about £25 and give or take half a pound they are virtually the same as the officiaL ones at SW x

Yes my weight watchers are a 1lb lighter than sw so it's not drastically diff

I weigh daily, I don't get an urge to eat tonnes of syns if there is a small gain, if anything it motivates me to keep on plan. And if there is a loss, it motivates me to keep on plan!

I weigh daily, I don't get an urge to eat tonnes of syns if there is a small gain, if anything it motivates me to keep on plan. And if there is a loss, it motivates me to keep on plan!

I agree entirely. I can't stand not knowing, even though I feel thinner!

I love this thread!! Just because I can relate to everyone's posts!! I weigh in nearly everyday, more than anything it makes me try harder if I see a gain or spurs me to carry on if I see a loss. I completely understand weight fluctuates everyday so I'm never down when I weigh a few more lbs on the scales I only ever count my actual weigh in. I find weighing everyday has made me work out exactly how my body works! What days I weigh less or more I know when I'm going to loose or stay the same, havnt gained yet * touch wood *!! I tried puttin them away to stop and I did for 2 weeks but I just like weighing myself everyday!!

This has been my first week and I've not been able to keep off the scales, fully aware that my weight will keep hanging but I just can't help it! Luckily I have lost about 4lbs this week (and hopefully more on weigh in day)

My boyfriend said he is going to hide them from me but I think I'll just end up going to my mums haha!

jane123 said:
Ha! I've just weighed myself and I'm less than I was at Sw yesterday morning and that's even if I add a bit for light clothes. Weighing each day, especially in the morning, keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Same as me

I'm constantly weighing myself. It's not good I know this but I can't help it!

I find it all a bit odd really though as this morning I weighed myself, then had a shower, went to the loo *ahem* got back ON the scales and in those 20 minutes had put on '4lbs'. Go figure. :confused:

My OH has hidden my scales this morning as he says I've become obsessed with them :-(
Feel lost without them, he says I can only have them on Thursday mornings when I WI!
I find that weighing myself every morning keeps me on track too but going to have to live without now...

Back