Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

All_about_the_climb said:
Stood on the scales when I woke up (like my Sunday weigh in) and was 11st 2. Just ate lunch and stood on was 11lbs 4. I know I'm heavier each time I eat but that seems like a big jump, serial weighing is not making me happy today!

I have that so don't stress about it

My serial weighing has been like a roller coaster ride this week...I have seen the scales go up to as much as 10.10!! All ok by the time my official Monday morning weigh in came round though, weighed in at 10.4 phew! I even went back to group last night too (I was waiting to get to my target weight 0f 10.3 before going back but as I'm now in target range I though'd I go this week) and still weighed 10.4 at night with clothes on!! :)

suzyflo said:
My serial weighing has been like a roller coaster ride this week...I have seen the scales go up to as much as 10.10!! All ok by the time my official Monday morning weigh in came round though, weighed in at 10.4 phew! I even went back to group last night too (I was waiting to get to my target weight 0f 10.3 before going back but as I'm now in target range I though'd I go this week) and still weighed 10.4 at night with clothes on!! :)

Congratulations. Are you going to maintain now?

Congratulations. Are you going to maintain now?

Thank you :) I fully intend to, as you can see from my signature, I maintained target before for 18 months, until I had a bit of a blip, amazing how half a pound over can quickly escalate! I've said this numerous times before but I'm determined not to let that happen again, I really, really mean it this time.

suzyflo said:
Thank you :) I fully intend to, as you can see from my signature, I maintained target before for 18 months, until I had a bit of a blip, amazing how half a pound over can quickly escalate! I've said this numerous times before but I'm determined not to let that happen again, I really, really mean it this time.

I'm on my phone so didn't look at your signature.
Well you maintained well last time so you know you can do it.
You'll be fine, well done

I'm on my phone so didn't look at your signature.
Well you maintained well last time so you know you can do it.
You'll be fine, well done

Thanks again. I see you're really close to your goal, well done to you too :)

suzyflo said:
Thanks again. I see you're really close to your goal, well done to you too :)

Last time I did sw I got to 10st exactly and then got pregnant so I'm determined to get to the 9's this time.
Last time I didn't want to say I was pregnant so I stopped going to meetings and I made the most of being pregnant, i stuffed my face! hopefully if I'm lucky enough to fall pregnant again I will stick to sw throughout

I am also a scaleaholic! I'm always jumping on... First thing, after gym, after shower , once I've dried hair, and the list goes on.
My husband has even hidden them in the past!! Haha! Oh dear... Xxx

I know I'm constantly banging on about scales being reliable but is there any way of knowing if the scales at slimming world are accurate compared to your own set at home? I do SW at home (online) so don't know what type of scales they use but is their anyway their accuracy can be guaranteed. I'm going to go to Boots tomorrow and weigh myself on their scales just to see if there's a major difference between my set and there's. In saying that I don't really know why I'm doing it as I'm not sure which set to believe.

I think the only way to know that would be to get weighed on the s/w scales and compare them to your home ones, mine are half a pound over compared to s/w - but if you don't go to class then that's not going to be possible for you. I would just stick with the one set of scales (either your own, or boots) and go with what they tell you. :)

Ok so now I'm more confused than when I started, I stood on the scales in tesco and they put me at 10st 9.9lbs but when I stood on my own scales wearing exactly the same outfit ten minutes earlier I was 11st 3lbs. In this instance I have to say I reckon tesco are wrong because there's no way I'm that weight?!?! Ahh! Gonna have to find a third set Ffs!

Ok so now I'm more confused than when I started, I stood on the scales in tesco and they put me at 10st 9.9lbs but when I stood on my own scales wearing exactly the same outfit ten minutes earlier I was 11st 3lbs. In this instance I have to say I reckon tesco are wrong because there's no way I'm that weight?!?! Ahh! Gonna have to find a third set Ffs!

As long as you always weigh on the same scales round about the same time every week you should get an accurate weight - though I would be temppted to use the Tescos ones again lol!
I bought a set of Weight Watchers scales from Boots last year - they were about £25 and give or take half a pound they are virtually the same as the officiaL ones at SW x

my weight can change from up to 7lbs depending on whether the scales are sat on carpet or wood!! ive googled it and carpet takes impact which effects the weight on the scales... strange.

On another note of scale related mysteries I dont understand... My scales have always been half a stone out of sync with SW, this week they were dead on... hopeless.

See I would understand a bit more if I weighed on a soft floor but I weigh in the bathroom on tiles and I always make sure my scales are in the middle of the tile (as in not going over the little lines).
I've just weighed the new weights that I bought. They're 2kg each and my scales weigh them in at 4.2kg so they're quite accurate in that case. I just wish I had an absolute definite so I know what I'm working with...I'm obviously going to stick with my own scales because they're handier. Ahhh God damn scales!

All_about_the_climb said:
See I would understand a bit more if I weighed on a soft floor but I weigh in the bathroom on tiles and I always make sure my scales are in the middle of the tile (as in not going over the little lines).
I've just weighed the new weights that I bought. They're 2kg each and my scales weigh them in at 4.2kg so they're quite accurate in that case. I just wish I had an absolute definite so I know what I'm working with...I'm obviously going to stick with my own scales because they're handier. Ahhh God damn scales!

That's not v accurate-at that difference if you weigh 80kg the scales will weigh u in at 84kg!

I'd stick by using a boots/tesco scales once a week if ur not going to group x

That's not v accurate-at that difference if you weigh 80kg the scales will weigh u in at 84kg!

I'd stick by using a boots/tesco scales once a week if ur not going to group x

My head is clearly up my own backside today and with your maths I was weighing in at 68kg on the TESCO scales which would be 1.05 more on my scales...making it 71.something kg. I enjoy it in that it makes me closer to goal but I resent that it means I'm probably going to have to lose a lot more as I'm def not 10lbs from goal. lol! Since when did weight loss get so bloody confusing.

Thanks for your help, as I clearly appear to be incapable of thinking mathematically haha! :)

I've got my scales back <3 i gave them up 3 weeks ago but I really need them,haven't had a good week since I gave them up. Now they're back-still weigh completely wrong but at least they weigh lol xx

Back