Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

I weigh myself every morning after a pee and before my cup of coffee. If it's weigh in day I will be on the scales at various times of the day. My last weigh in day I weighed myself with my little cardigan on then took it off and weighed myself again just out of curiosity, I weighed half lb lighter with it off!!! Turns out the little cardigan isn't so little after all. I was going to wear it while I got weighed as well, so glad i checked before i left. Bad thing is now i'm going to be trying all different clothes on before weigh in to see which is the lightest.

My names Laura and i am a serial weigher lol. I weigh myself every morning and evening at least but feeling a bit disheartened still showing 9st 5 which was my weight on Monday at official weigh in and after sts this week was hoping for a good loss. What is going on with my body why am i not loosing? :-(

I still cant quite believe it myself i cant remember the last time i was below 10st and its all down to sw. It just shows it works (until now anyway lol)

Well done everyone! Although naughty naughty with the scales hehe

I am a serial weigher although I only weigh myself once a day, usually in the morning. Noticed i'm about 3lbs heavier today, don't think its a real gain as I stuck to plan 100% every day, but it still encouraged me to go out and do some body magic. Went for a 2 mile walk at 6.30am and now i'm about to do the 30 day shred. Think today will be a red day also (I love green days but pasta, potatoes, etc. make it hard for me to lose)

stivesliz said:
Oh heck, I do this all the time too..............I weigh without clothes than I stand with various outfit combos in my hands until I find the lightest. I'm not bonkers.................honest lol

I do this too!!

I am a serial weigher although I only weigh myself once a day, usually in the morning. Noticed i'm about 3lbs heavier today, don't think its a real gain as I stuck to plan 100% every day, but it still encouraged me to go out and do some body magic. Went for a 2 mile walk at 6.30am and now i'm about to do the 30 day shred. Think today will be a red day also (I love green days but pasta, potatoes, etc. make it hard for me to lose)

Blimey - I got up at the same time but all I have done is drink coffee - you're very inspiring! x
I am only half a pound down now and 3 days till weigh in and I said I wanted to lose 3 pounds and I am out for lunch tomorrow. Oh dear lol x

In the past hour (during which I've lay in bed and drank half a glass of coke) I've put on 3/4 lb lol!! Things like that freak me out that my scales aren't v accurate ahh!

Edit : I mean diet coke... I just call it coke, much to the distress of bartenders as I freak out mid pour when I realise I've just said coke

Blimey - I got up at the same time but all I have done is drink coffee - you're very inspiring! x
I am only half a pound down now and 3 days till weigh in and I said I wanted to lose 3 pounds and I am out for lunch tomorrow. Oh dear lol x

Aw thanks, what mostly keeps me going with my exercise is checking my weight on the scales! I wasn't going to bother walking this morning (it was cold and windy out...plus i was tired lol) but then I checked my weight and seen it up a bit so I went for my walk. I know deep down its not a real gain..3lbs overnight when i'm following plan 100% can't be, but it still made me want to shake it off as much as possible lol. x

I'm a serial weigher too! Early morning WI on the scales is the way forward, I have trained myself out of the evening WI in the past few weeks as it doesnt help my motivation. My brother goes on and on at me about why I shouldn't do this, but for me its a motivational tool.

I had 2 blips this week, albeit minor compared to pre-Slimming World, but I stayed in a hotel and had a late night meal... fish and chips (although i removed the batter from the fish, and ate only half the chips) and then the following morning had cooked breakie (orange juice, bacon with the fat removed, beans and weird fried/poached egg thing) I was good, as I attempted to stick to diet, but due to my stress levels I chose some things that I shouldnt have and I knew it. I did sneak a croissant out of the breakfast as well for a "snack", but then chucked it in a moment of clarity. One bad choice shouldnt lead to another, my consultant would have been proud! But the point is, by weighing in every day I motivated myself out of making further poor choices on Thursday and Friday, and this has shown on my scales as they have still gone down!

Because I weigh myself at home I know how I'm doing overall, but only take the SW result as "official". I'm proud to say for the first time in approximately 18mths my scales told me that I weight in the "70's" kg bracket on my scales this morning (admittedly 79.9). :D Looking forward to official WI this morning now!

Another serial weigher here. I weigh myself pretty much every morning before breakfast.

Usually keeps me on track, as if i gain i want to lose it again. A bit stumped today though as i am 2 lbs heavier than yesterday and I have been good.

I am very proud of myself...........I got up today and didnt weight. My husband has hidden the scales at my request and I am determined not to look for them. It's my official WI tomorrow and it will be the first time I have gone without weighing at home first.

I am a bit twitchy but am determined to try a few days without them lol!

Back