Is anyone else a SERIAL weigher?

Gained 2pounds but to be expected as been away to London all weekend and treated mum to a meal out last night so I'm not upset about it as I enjoyed it :) n I'm hoping it shall fall back of as going swimming tonight n running tomorrow morn with eating well the rest of the week! She says like its gonna be well easy lol as if!! Xx

+1lb on yesterday :-S
Not liking my scales today at all!!

My mum weighed in at class yesterday and she'd GAINED 1 stone 5.5lbs in one week!! She was gutted as she's been following plan. She's only just got over food poisoning a week ago though and I think her body is retaining loads of water because of how dehydrated she was the 9 days she suffered from it all. She was so devastated, I felt so bad for her! :-( think I'd have dropped dead if that had happened to me. Xx

sammyb1985 said:
My mum weighed in at class yesterday and she'd GAINED 1 stone 5.5lbs in one week!! She was gutted as she's been following plan. She's only just got over food poisoning a week ago though and I think her body is retaining loads of water because of how dehydrated she was the 9 days she suffered from it all. She was so devastated, I felt so bad for her! :-( think I'd have dropped dead if that had happened to me. Xx

Crikey how is that possible? 19.5lbs!!! That sounds dangerous to me whether she was dehydrated or not! Hope she's ok sammyb. xxx

peacelily said:
Crikey how is that possible? 19.5lbs!!! That sounds dangerous to me whether she was dehydrated or not! Hope she's ok sammyb. xxx

I know it's awful! We haven't a clue how it happened and it does sound bad doesn't it? But she has been sticking to plan and even if someone hadn't I dont see how they could eat enough to put that much on in one week, so the only explanation I can think of is that she's retaining water! :( her wrists and ankles were swollen, it's crazy though because when she started SW with me I literally had to force the seat belt in my car around her and it would only just Clip in, but now it goes in easily! She originally got weighed and it said a gain of 1 stone 4lbs so we said it must be wrong and the consultant said she'd weigh her again afterwards, and in the space if the hour we were there it increased by 1.5lb to 1 stone 5.5lbs! So she's now even heavier than when she started, but she's lost inches! I dont understand it at all but hope she has a big loss next week. She's taking her water tablets and hoping for the best. Xx

sammyb1985 said:
I know it's awful! We haven't a clue how it happened and it does sound bad doesn't it? But she has been sticking to plan and even if someone hadn't I dont see how they could eat enough to put that much on in one week, so the only explanation I can think of is that she's retaining water! :( her wrists and ankles were swollen, it's crazy though because when she started SW with me I literally had to force the seat belt in my car around her and it would only just Clip in, but now it goes in easily! She originally got weighed and it said a gain of 1 stone 4lbs so we said it must be wrong and the consultant said she'd weigh her again afterwards, and in the space if the hour we were there it increased by 1.5lb to 1 stone 5.5lbs! So she's now even heavier than when she started, but she's lost inches! I dont understand it at all but hope she has a big loss next week. She's taking her water tablets and hoping for the best. Xx

Yes I suppose it was obvious if she was swollen and it's not like she has put that amount of fat on in a week (is that even possible?) and if she has a prescription for water tablets doc obviously knows but wonder if they are working and she should just get it checked. She must be so fed up poor thing. Sorry to sound so horrified if it's something that she is used to.

No need to be sorry about being horrified hun, we were too! It's probably happened before when she retains water but because she's relatively new to SW and never used to weigh herself she probably didn't realise. I think she should tell the doctor about it though, and maybe he can give her some different tablets to help with it. I'm just praying she gets a big loss next week so she doesn't get disheartened and give up! Xx

Omg!!! Your poor mum!!!! I bet she was horrified!! I hope her water tablets work and her weight evens out for her. Xx

sammyb1985 said:
No need to be sorry about being horrified hun, we were too! It's probably happened before when she retains water but because she's relatively new to SW and never used to weigh herself she probably didn't realise. I think she should tell the doctor about it though, and maybe he can give her some different tablets to help with it. I'm just praying she gets a big loss next week so she doesn't get disheartened and give up! Xx

Yes think I would get disheartened. Someone was talking on another thread (not sure which one) about lymphatic massage, so if it doesn't settle down maybe she should look into it. Really hope it settles down for her.

WTF how can i gain 8lb over night? i was -4lb. now im +4lb from last week!! :mad: Il see tonight at sw ....

I was four pounds up from last wed official weigh in. I have usually settled by Tuesday.. I need to lose 4 1/2 pounds between now and 7pm tomorrow to hit an unbroken record of thirty weeks of losses.

Got in from work and naked weigh in was 12st2.4 so exactly what my official morning weigh in was yesterday. Not been the best 2 days so hoping I can salvage something this week, however we are off to the football on Saturday which usually means lots of cider but hopefully I can restrain myself! Got nothing planned for weeks after so might just enjoy it and get back on the wagon on Sunday! Decisions decisions...;)

I am a definite serial weigher and i annoy myself so much with it but it has become part of my routine... i get up, go to the loo and then get straight on the scales. I have managed to stop myself from weighing in the evening because i know i would get disheartened. i STS this week and had a few off days which i am sure is due to not seeing a difference during the week x

Thanks for the lymphatic drainage massage info hunny, I'll look into it! Xx

Does anyone else balance their weight on the scales to show up your goal weight and imagine how wonderful it will be when that number shows up for real? Or am I the only weirdo!? Haha

Haha I would but I have digital scales :-/

I'm 1lb up on yesterday, Damn galaxy cookie crumble :-S

Off for a walk I go :)

:sigh: i gained 1.5lb

why couldnt i of had class few days ago when scales said i lost 4lb!! lol.

Back