Is anyone else depressed with the weather?

Lynn_

On A Mission!
Honestly, I feel like screaming or crying. I cannot bear these dark miserable days!! It wouldnt be so bad if it was November, but its June for gods sake!

Im cold ALL the time, I just want to be warm!! I want to sit in sunshine!

In 2 weeks I will be in Tenerife! I think I have pre holiday depression or something lol. I feel retail therapy coming on.......now where did I put my credit card....................

The weather hasnt been to bad round where i live but i know what your saying abiout pre holiday blues, im going away soon and cant wit

Yep. I've officially classed today as a non-day! Overcast, damp, no colour, and could be November except the trees are in leaf. Feeling quite negative, which is unlike me, and will probably have an early night. :)

No - I think it is wonderful! OK, so it is chilly and wet. But it's only been a few days, and the benefits outweigh any minor inconveniences.

Several counties are officially in a drought.

People's gardens are drying up. Small rivers and streams are getting so low in water that the environment is being affected.

There have already been articles in the newspapers about subsidence affecting houses because of shrinking clay soils.

Farmers are desperate for rain. It is already too late for some crops, but this rain is so welcome for them. It means that some of them might not go bust.

If crops such as potatoes don't get enough rain, then prices will go sky-high later in the year.

And so it goes on. We need the rain desperately.

Well my husband is an arable farmer........... So I care!! First it was "We need rain" now it's "We'v had to much rain". Every morning it's what's the weather going to do? I need to get the hay cut...

I won't write what follows that as it's x-rated!! Let's just say I'll be a happy bunny when the weather improves and not just because like most I'd just like to see the sun for a change........

Of cause being a farmer it won't be long before he's moaning he needs rain but hay ho :-/

I know exactly what you mean Lynn, me & OH walked into town on Saturday, it's about 4 miles but even though the sun was shining when we set off there was also black clouds:cool: so we had to take our rain coats.

I'd love to get up in a morning & know because it's summer the weather is going to be dry & sunny, I'm not after it being hot, just dry & sunny; and in the autumn have breezy cooler days..........

Its not much to ask:rolleyes:

Its been a strange midsummer here. Earlier in the year it was far too hot and sunny for the season and although I enjoyed it I was aware that though it was good for me to have sunshine it was because of global warming and that the side effects are already terrible for many countries and people and animals.

Now it feels more normal IYSWIM ... English summer aught to be rainy now and then :) But I feel for LittleSis's partner, getting the hay in is more important in the general scheme of things than my needing an umbrella. My fingers are crossed for late July though as we've a camping holiday planned.

I understand that we need rain, im just longing for some sun. It would be so nice to be able sit in the garden for an hour after work, or just see some sun and a blue sky. Its been so grey and dark all the time. I find it very depressing, and I find it harder to comcentrate on work too when its like this all the time. I feel as though we have come through a long cold dark winter and its still cold and dark, and now rainy to boot.

Still, in Tenerife yesterday it was 43c! I dont think I could cope with that either lol. Only just over a week now before I go!

i feel the same, of in a couple of weeks and im feeling somewhat nervous, the weather dont help when its dark and gloomy.

I have asked my friends in Italy if they'd be kind enough to send the sun back over here but they said "No!" Well bottoms to them...I'll just have to go over there and join them....Roll on September :)

im the oppositite, hot sunny weather makes me misrible and ill! i lurk away indoors when the suns out, in thick jumpers or hoodies. my natural temperature is freezing, so even in a heatwave ill be cold :(

It's the lowering cloud layer and lack of brightness that I find depressing, but today I've seen the sun, and yesterday I cut the grass and topped up my little pond, so not feeling so down about it. But it could certainly be warmer!

Hay making at last :) :) :)

Thanks MsMia, yes it was lovely yesterday. Spent the whole day till 10.30pm in my friends garden for her birthday BBQ. Just lovely to be able to sit out till late in the evening. Shame the sun has gone today but at least its warm outside, so at least I can sit outside for a while. Tenerife on Friday! Ill get plenty of sun then :)

Lynn_ said:
Thanks MsMia, yes it was lovely yesterday. Spent the whole day till 10.30pm in my friends garden for her birthday BBQ. Just lovely to be able to sit out till late in the evening. Shame the sun has gone today but at least its warm outside, so at least I can sit outside for a while. Tenerife on Friday! Ill get plenty of sun then :)

Lucky you x

ooh thats today, tell us all about it when you get back!

Back