Is anyone else doing Cambridge at the moment?

riverbank

Hi all,

Started Cambridge about 2 weeks ago on the 7/8/20. Getting on great so far, kind of mixing up step 1b and mainly step 2. My consultant is fine with this. I have lost 16lbs so far.

Just wondering if there is anyone else doing Cambridge at the moment so we can support each other :)

Hi Katherine
I have just started. I did Cambridge a few years back but now re-starting after have 3rd.
1st week weigh in done 7lb loss. Trying to do sole source 1a will see how long I can keep
It up before moving up the steps 😂

Thank goodness I thought I was the only one on here! :D

Well done on your loss in your first week! How are you finding it? I found the first week or so awful really, I couldn't move off the sofa! I have a bit more energy now, I have nearly done 3 weeks

My friend currently on this she doing well, i have been considering it but dont think i could manage total replacements maybe if a meal was was thrown in i be ok. Is it expensive x

Basically you can choose what want to do. There's 6 steps, and the first 2 steps (called Total Diet Replacement - only 450 calories not many people do this anymore and step 1) are both divided into a and b. Step 2 and above involve food. But you can choose where you start and if you want move up and down the steps.

I'm doing step 1b, so I have four Cambridge products a day, which is probably the most expensive way of doing it. It's about £70 a week for my shakes. My consultant doesn't charge anything else. I could less Cambridge products and eat food but I wanted to have a break from eating for a while. Also tbh I want to lose weight fast as I have quite a lot to lose. Obviously if say I had 2 shakes a day it would be about £35.

Thank goodness I thought I was the only one on here! :D

Well done on your loss in your first week! How are you finding it? I found the first week or so awful really, I couldn't move off the sofa! I have a bit more energy now, I have nearly done 3 weeks
So weird didn’t see your message come through. I have just had my second weigh in and lost 6lb so 12 in 2 weeks which I am over the moon with.
energy levels absolutely suck napping when the baby sleeps but have to older ones so it’s a proper juggling act.
how are you doing?

Well done on your fab weight loss Kaz! Hope it gets easier for you and you get more energy soon. Are you still on stage 1a? I don't know if could do that, so all you credit to you for sticking with that with a baby and 2 other children. You must be a strong woman! :character00116:
I have just got a 15 year old daughter (I'm a single mum) and I found the first 2 weeks hard on 1b or sometimes my version of 1b with a slim fast instead of a Cambridge product.

So anyway now I have done 3 weeks and 5 days. After 3 weeks I lost 21lb which I was really pleased with. Unfortunately yesterday I had a bit of a blip, my first one but I am back on it today.

So weird didn’t see your message come through. I have just had my second weigh in and lost 6lb so 12 in 2 weeks which I am over the moon with.
energy levels absolutely suck napping when the baby sleeps but have to older ones so it’s a proper juggling act.
how are you doing?
Fantastic weight loss Kaz in two weeks👏👏👏

Yes it is kind of similar to Slimfast but I find the shakes more filling. There's also, I think more variety of products than Slimfast but I just keep to the same ones as they are lactose free which suits me better

Well done on your fab weight loss Kaz! Hope it gets easier for you and you get more energy soon. Are you still on stage 1a? I don't know if could do that, so all you credit to you for sticking with that with a baby and 2 other children. You must be a strong woman! :character00116:
I have just got a 15 year old daughter (I'm a single mum) and I found the first 2 weeks hard on 1b or sometimes my version of 1b with a slim fast instead of a Cambridge product.

So anyway now I have done 3 weeks and 5 days. After 3 weeks I lost 21lb which I was really pleased with. Unfortunately yesterday I had a bit of a blip, my first one but I am back on it today.

thank you it’s hard with 3 but I need the energy and being bigger has been hardwork. Getting through that feeling of cravings now and just focused. Having a blip is normal though we are only human and all we can do is a day at a time and focus on that day.
I have had many times I’ve been like why should I bother but I’m doing it for me. I have dates go somewhere for with birthdays leading up to Christmas so I’m hopeful that yes I will have a day off on those days but will be back on track for me afterwards.
told my consultant she has to deal with needy me until Christmas 😂😂

Love how you are so positive Kaz! Let's keep going. I have my weigh in tomorrow. My consultant is on holiday this week but I am going to weigh in at home :)

Love how you are so positive Kaz! Let's keep going. I have my weigh in tomorrow. My consultant is on holiday this week but I am going to weigh in at home :)
We have to be, this is a life changing plan and it really is working for
All of us. Good luck for your weigh in. Don’t forget measurements as that has been huge for me the inches that are coming off.

Yes I am feeling so positive this morning about Cambridge too Kaz! Even after my bad weekend I lost 3lbs this week! I did WI at home because my consultant is away but my scales are pretty accurate. So a total of 24lbs in 4 weeks. I don't think I could lose like that on any other diet.

Thanks for the reminder about measurements, I keep forgetting.

Yes I am feeling so positive this morning about Cambridge too Kaz! Even after my bad weekend I lost 3lbs this week! I did WI at home because my consultant is away but my scales are pretty accurate. So a total of 24lbs in 4 weeks. I don't think I could lose like that on any other diet.

Thanks for the reminder about measurements, I keep forgetting.
Woohoo well done that’s amazing weight loss still. I did some exercise last night and now have a sore back 😬 oh well no pain and no gain.
we can’t lose thatfast on any diet at all. I’ve tried. This is the best diet for results.I’m just going to make sure I go up the steps when atgoal.

Thank you! I hope your back gets better soon. Your really good doing exercise, I am so lazy, I do a bit of walking but that's about it.
Yes that what we need to do, go up the steps properly. I haven't done Cambridge before so I will just do what what my consultant advises.

Hello all. I am starting step 1 today! o_O
I did the diet 8 years ago, and in the last year have starting putting on weight after moving in with my Partner and the virus.
I have 31lbs to go and am praying I can do it in 2 months! x

Hi HMP! I wish you all the best for your first day on plan! Are you doing 1a or 1b? I have been doing 1b with the occasional Slimfast for my fourth product. I was quite tired for the first week but now I am fine. But you will know all about that having done the plan before! I think you will be able make your goal easily on Cambridge! If you like joining challenges there's a Christmas challenge on the challenges thread for any weight plan. It's fine to join anytime xx

Thank you! I hope your back gets better soon. Your really good doing exercise, I am so lazy, I do a bit of walking but that's about it.
Yes that what we need to do, go up the steps properly. I haven't done Cambridge before so I will just do what what my consultant advises.
Weigh in today only lost 1lb but lost another 4.5inchs which is a positive. I think my back going out didn’t help last week.
hope your weigh in goes well

Back