Is anyone else nervous about coming off TFR?

Minnie Me

Hi everyone,

I am only in my 3rd week and have a long way to go :sigh: but can't help worrying that once I've reached my goal weight, completed refeed etc.. that I will fall back into my old ways.
I think I am strong enough not to but you hear so many stories of people who have lost loads of weight on lipotrim and then gained it all back and more..

Just wondering if i am the only one feeling this way?

Week 1 - 10lbs
Week 2 - 4lbs - 1 stone gone :clap:

I wouldn't say I was nervous. But I do think it is important to have a plan of action , sw, ww ect and a great deal of support to keep you on the right track and avoid old habits returning

I last did LT for 7 weeks and reached an ok goal of 13st 5lb was happy with that for a while until I decided I want to get to my original target of 10st 7lb hence being back on it. When I went to chemist last week I weighed 13st 12lb. Gain over a year at 7lb . I'm ok with that. I would say for the first 3 months everything is fresh in your head and you make the right choices but things do slip unless you've been on the programme for about 6 months plus...
Throw out the big clothes and make sure you work hard and cut down on food if your clothes get too tight?!?!
xxx

I wouldnt say throw out all of your big clothes, keep one item that means something to you.

I have kept a pair of size 24 jeans and whenever I feel like i'm losing my way a bit or if I need a reminder of where I never want to go back to I get them out and put them on.

Its natural to feel nervous but I would say if you are determined enough you will suceed. I personally think that keeping a diary of every single thing you eat does help. I've done it for almost 2 years now. Also, don't think about falling back into your bad habits think of all the new, healthy ones you are going to create.

There is nothing wrong with having the food you used to love, but in moderation and aslong as you remember you can never go back to how you were before with eating habits you should do ok :)

Take a look on the maintainence section on here if you want to see some people who have maintained their loss and read their diaries. You'll see that not everything is strict when you finish LT and that it is ok to relax a little now and again aslong as you know when to pull the reins back in :)

Ok i've waffled enough now!! :giggle: x

Back