Is anyone on Core?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Hayley, 17 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Hayley

Hayley Full Member

I am thinking of starting Core on Monday after having a good week on points and then a week of messing about.

I like the idea of not having to count and being able to eat from a 'free' list.

How do the people that are on Core find it?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. raudi

raudi One Last Time.......

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi

i'm on core and really enjoying it

4. Hayley

Hayley Full Member

Oh hello

I thought you might be :)

Do you find that you use the weekly 21 points allowance?

5. raudi

raudi One Last Time.......

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(22.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes or more, but i also do a lot of exercise, I've lost just over a stone on core now..... Would recommend giving it a whirl ;)

6. Hayley

Hayley Full Member

Thanks - I will give it a go :)

7. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    How easy it to do Core if you're going out for a meal?? I have to go out on Friday with work, I know we're going to our local Italian, so I have an idea of what I'm going to have (main course is going to be a Salad) but I just wondered because I know on Full Choice I'd just save a couple of points a day... :confused:

8. Hayley

Hayley Full Member

This is what the Eating Out Guide says about Italian:

Italian can be a great choice on the Core plan if you choose wisely. For starters, Minestrone soup (2 points) or Parma Ham with Melon (2 points) are good choices. And for your main course, Penne Arrabbiata (5.5 points) is delicious and filling. And that way you can save some of your optional weekly points allowance (which is 21 points) for dessert.

I suppose you could keep all 21 of your weekly allowance to use for that one meal and then have other, higher pointed things from the menu.

9. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I really like the idea of the Core plan because I'm a big snacker and would like to get into the habit of eating just 3 meals a day, BUT, I don't trust myself with the portion sizes as I have a HUGE appetite (I can easily eat more that OH, hehe). If I tried core I would probably end up eating twice as much as I should be and gaining half a stone in my first week, lol.

Good luck with it though, I'm quite interested to see how you get on with it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.