Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

I only realised how expensive it was getting when I went to meal plan for Step 2. I spent €75 on products this week. Then I was back spending a couple of euro a day on coffees, another €3 for the chicken salad in the canteen every day, a euro for the yogurt and then I'd still have to get groceries for the meal in the evening. it appears to get cheaper again on Step 3 and 4 etc but I found 2 was going to cost a fortune.

Is step 3 only two packs per day, is that why it's cheaper. Also what's the average weight loss for step 3?

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yeah step 3 is 2 packs. I'm going to start that the week after next I think. Xx

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol

My cdc always said you lose same roughly on ss and step 2 so I wonder what losses ate like on step 3? 1000 cals sounds like a lot..but if I still lose 3 lb a week. I'll stay on step 3 for a few weeks, then rush to step 5.

Kiwichan can you not do a mixture of WW and CWP. I am sure a malt toffee bar is something like 5 pro points so if you had one for lunch and fruit for breakfast that would leave the majority of your points for a decent tea and maybe a glass if wine. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I intend to as I've about a month worth of products left doing it like that but you don't count points in your first week so it will be easier in WW from next week then. I'm also keeping my calories below 1000 a day and cabs low for a few weeks so my body readjusts to the food. Well thats the plan anyway but there's a bag of fun size mars bars on the desk beside me calling me. I had a better excuse to resist while on the shakes so today has been hard so far.

The ww bars are lovely, much nicer than Cambridge. I used to cut up the toffee one, open a banana, stick bar inside, wrap in foil, bake and have it with ww cream...it was about 4 pro points I think!

I'm on on day 3 of Cambridge and I'm struggling ( already caved in and eaten.) does it get easier.???

I does get easier. After the first 10 days I was fine. I'm now on week 12 so it can't be that bad :) Good luck hun. The worst thing to do is cheat as you'll never get into ketosis. Ketosis is what makes you feel better once your in it so try and be 100% as makes it a lot easier in the long run x

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Lost 4 lb in about 10 days while on step 2. Cdc says it's similar loss on step 3 so I'll see if I lose lots next week. Desperate to do step 3 but I'm still 11.4 and want to get down to 10. So a fair way to go still...at least I'm no longer classified obese, just over weight now lol

Lost 4 lb in about 10 days while on step 2. Cdc says it's similar loss on step 3 so I'll see if I lose lots next week. Desperate to do step 3 but I'm still 11.4 and want to get down to 10. So a fair way to go still...at least I'm no longer classified obese, just over weight now lol

Well done hun. I'm still losing the same on 810 that I was losing on ss so I'm happy with that. Going to do another week or 2 on 810 then on to step 3.

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

No weigh in today as consultant could only do this evening but prefer mornings so weighing tomorrow instead. Lost 3lb so far this week, hoping for another lb in the morning fingers crossed. How's everyone else doing? X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

I wish I could have mornings, I'm sure I'd be lighter lol.

Yeah you would. I put on 2-3lb in the evenings because of the water!!! X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

I would. I never weigh in the evenings x

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Oh really, by my weigh in I've had two packs, my dinner, plus about 3/4 of my water...my cdc doesn't work weekends unfortunately so I can't do mornings

I guess if you've always weighed in the evenings then its ok as they say you should try and weigh at the same time every week. I've always done mornings so when she can't do mornings I swap as want to always show the best possible loss. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

i used to stop drinking water from about 4 o'clock before my evening weigh in and have my dinner pack after the meeting.

I weigh in at 11.30 Monday but as I've been at work all night I suppose it's the same as an evening weigh in for everyone else. As long as it's the same time every week I'm assuming it's the same. I know I weigh less on my scales at home but that's probably because I weigh myself after I've had a sleep. X

Biggest tips from me would be- don't cheat as you'll never get into ketosis, drink 3 litres of water, keep yourself busy for the first 2 weeks (I had my hair, nails done and a massage) and come on here and read everyone else's stories as does help. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Back