Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

Had a fantastic day yesterday, met friends in town, stuck with it, drank water and was going great. Had some family turn up last night and just went crazy. Chinese food, chips, rice, you name it and it all went down my neck. What the #### is wrong with me? I didn't even want it. I can't say as I actually even really enjoyed it! Was I indulging just to stay sociable? Seriously need some sort of therapy. Or maybe just get my jaws wired?? Hope you're all much more focused. :) x

Oh no :-( The main thing is to get straight back on it and limit the damage. Jaws wired made me lol. Hope today's better for you. Xx

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol
Wk11 -4lb again whoop

I'm not even feeling guilty. I just feel stupid - I didn't even bloody well want it, I suppose I just wanted to have the enjoyable family time but me being me couldn't do that without going O.T.T.
Go on then, just a bit, turned into full blown last supper!
Back on it today, got a pounding head too!!
We must be mental, doing this to ourselves!!! Lol. X

I'm not even feeling guilty. I just feel stupid - I didn't even bloody well want it, I suppose I just wanted to have the enjoyable family time but me being me couldn't do that without going O.T.T.
Go on then, just a bit, turned into full blown last supper!
Back on it today, got a pounding head too!!
We must be mental, doing this to ourselves!!! Lol. X

How much did you eat? Was it a lot? The head will be all the crap that's in takeaways and the fact your body won't be use to it. Drink plenty of water and come on here if you feel the need to eat. Xx

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk11 -4lb again whoop

I'm afraid yes, I did eat a fair amount. We had a load of different dishes delivered which were set out on the large coffee table with us all around it. It started with a small plate of just a little of this and that, ended up with me ploughing my way through just about everything to hand.
I didn't drink though, so small blessings there!

Fresh day today, so here we go, starting again. X

Omg, lightbulb. Who was it who told me about the dreaded day 10?
Yesterday was day 10 for me and I was so mentally weak, I'm totally using that as my excuse for having absolutely zero self control! Lol.
Yeah, I'm now on day 11, the worst is behind me!! X

Oh Liz... I totally understand your frustrations, Ive been there at so many times of my life and it just makes you want to give up.
A few things come to mind, how close are you to your target weight? that time of the month (like you say)? constipated? have you tried SS+?
I have heard some people who are on SS need SS+ for a few days to kick start their body, and maybe this will help you? it seems you've been super strict and maybe thats have an adverse affect (stupid i know) but might be worth a try? rather thank risking falling off the wagon and have a binge!x

Aw Anne youre back, I missed you yesterday!

Dare I ask what you had?? was it mainly protein based as they might not be so bad...? i dont think you need your jaws wired lol but i wonder if it might be because you haven't been on this long? the longer you are on it i think the easier it is to resist temptations, and at the moment you are so new to this that anything may be easy to say yes to. Such a shame as you done so well yesterday day.
If possible i would avoid any temptations for the next couple of weeks until youre happy that you can say no.. thats what I would do, I have avoided any social event since being on this (now day 11) and have my first one this weekend (mothers day which i cant really avoid) but ive told everyone that im on a new diet and that i will be having some meat and salad only.

Dont dwell on it, whats done it done, nothing you can do about it now - just get back on it again today :) x

Oh Liz... I totally understand your frustrations, Ive been there at so many times of my life and it just makes you want to give up.
A few things come to mind, how close are you to your target weight? that time of the month (like you say)? constipated? have you tried SS+?
I have heard some people who are on SS need SS+ for a few days to kick start their body, and maybe this will help you? it seems you've been super strict and maybe thats have an adverse affect (stupid i know) but might be worth a try? rather thank risking falling off the wagon and have a binge!x

I have 9lb to go so yes near target. I'm on step 2 now. When I had this in weeks 8 & 9 I had to hAve a day off to kickstart my metabolism. Just so annoying as would be right near goal now. I have a day off this Saturday for my boyfriends birthday so hopefully if I do STS it will give me a boost. Not constipated and can't really say about the periods as they are so messed up I'm not actually sure but it doesn't normally affect my losses. Just want the last bit gone. Will give it another week and see. I'd always planned to move to weight watchers to maintain anyway so if I need to do it earlier I will. Thanks for replying x

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk11 -4lb again whoop

Chinese - and loads of it. Ditched the chop sticks and went in full throttle with a fork and spoon!

Oh yeah, nearly forgot. 2 choc chip muffins with coffee just before bed.
What a prat! Oooops! X

Keep going liz, you've done so well. You really are my inspiration. :) x

Thanks hun. 2 x choc chip muffins, OMG I so want one lol. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk11 -4lb again whoop

Forgot to add, so this morning I had a cheeky weigh and it said I'd put on a lb?!?! How is this freaking possible???? So the lb I thought I'd lost this week has now gone!!! So I have 2 days to lose some weight!!! If I have another STS week I will be really unhappy!!!!!! If I hadn't of had so many STS weeks I'd now be at goal!!!!! Seems unfair as I've never cheated, not one little bit of anything, not even a sniff!!!! See loads of people that have cheats and still lose, me on the other hand stocks 100000% and STS LOL. Sorry complete rant I know but ill be seriously unhappy with a STS week!!! X Wk 1 -8lb Wk2 -6lb Wk3 -3lb Wk4 -4lb Wk5 -3lb Wk6 -3lb Wk7 -3lb Wk8 -STS :-( Wk9 -STS :-( Again Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol Wk11 -4lb again whoop
Liz this has happened to me twice since the start. I put a random pound on when I haven't cheated, luckily it does come off quite quickly , but your right it's so unfair when you have stuck to plan. I weigh myself everyday, if I didn't I wouldn't notice when that happens. I think u are right about cravings it must be cos we been in plan so long. I dreamt about a little malteaster bunny hopping around my bedroom ha ha ha x

hahaha - i cant type properly either, fingers are numb they are so cold!! this is day 10 for me and im not in ketosis it seems :( not sure what im doing wrong and ive been starving and moody every single long day lol how long have you been on it for? what day is your weigh in?x
I started on jan the 2nd so early 12 weeks. Weigh days on Thursday although I weigh myself everyday. I don't use ketostix I just go by weightloss. Are you losing?? I was hungry for about 10 days then it was easy until 2 days ago when I started craving chocolate.

Also forgot to add, maybe it's my pcos that's playing havoc with my hormones as have been having a period every 10 days to 2 weeks since being on this. Like really heavy ones. I've had 6 in 12 weeks. Maybe it's that that's making me have these STS weeks. Wk 1 -8lb Wk2 -6lb Wk3 -3lb Wk4 -4lb Wk5 -3lb Wk6 -3lb Wk7 -3lb Wk8 -STS :-( Wk9 -STS :-( Again Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol Wk11 -4lb again whoop
I have pcos too but luckily mine is behaving. Have you took some norethisterone for bleeding.?? Before I lost weight I used to have heavy periods that lasted 6 weeks!!! Pcos is so complex so that might be causing your problems, but you are doing amazing anyway so v's up to pcos. Ha ha x

Liz, just be reassured that it's not actual fat. It's prob water retention or your muscles restoring it's glycogen. Don't let it get you down, try measuring yourself instead of relying on the numbers on the scales. You may see a difference there instead? X

Don't feel bad, I've just had two slices of pizza. I won't have my meal and last shake though to limit cals but I've had a long week and had a 3 week period so something has to give!!!

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins.com mobile app

Liz this has happened to me twice since the start. I put a random pound on when I haven't cheated, luckily it does come off quite quickly , but your right it's so unfair when you have stuck to plan. I weigh myself everyday, if I didn't I wouldn't notice when that happens. I think u are right about cravings it must be cos we been in plan so long. I dreamt about a little malteaster bunny hopping around my bedroom ha ha ha x

Lol to the maltesers bunny :) I keep googling pictures of cakes I want to make people and also stored a pic on my phone of the new cheese burger pizza that Pizza Hut are doing lol. Crazy I know. For my day off on sat I've so far bought some plain yogurt and strawberrys, hardly a cheat lol.
Not currently taking anything for my pcos. I was told by my consultant there's nothing they can do until I want children and can't conceive, very unhelpful. Going to the docs when I get a chance to check my iron levels as have been anaemic before.
Thanks for you support. How much hsve you got left to lose? Can you believe we've completed 12 weeks?!?! Crazy!!!! Xx

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk11 -4lb again whoop

Liz, just be reassured that it's not actual fat. It's prob water retention or your muscles restoring it's glycogen. Don't let it get you down, try measuring yourself instead of relying on the numbers on the scales. You may see a difference there instead? X

Thanks hun. Yes must focus on the inches. Ill dig out my card and post the losses. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk11 -4lb again whoop

Back