Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

Me too, despite going back on pill and taking two packs back to back, I keep having heavy periods

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins.com mobile app

So strange isn't it. I have an implant so normally infrequent and light. Done a lot of research on it and apparently it's normal to change your cycle as the body releases stored up hormones in the fats (or something like that).

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol

What do you do when your other half actively likes you larger? I'm not saying he wants to tie me to a chair and pour lard down my throat but he certainly isn't showing any interest in helping me achieve my goal of slimming down. Not sure whether he's worried I might leave him if I was (in his eyes) somehow more attractive to other men or if he does genuinely prefer me larger. He's not trying to sabotage my efforts (God knows this is difficult enough), but he isn't offering any support either. Finding this aspect really hard. Any advice? X

Hmmm it is a difficult one. Maybe you could tell him how you feel? That might give him a gentle kick up the backside!!! We all need support so if he can't give it to you then friends are great help and obviously ppl on here. I don't think I could do it without the ppl on here keeping me motivated everyday (sorry I know cheese isn't on Cambridge diet!!!) Hope that helps x

Total loss = 22lbs

Maybe just say to him that you'd appreciate his support and your doing it for your health as well as to look and feel better. Defo come on here and chat and ask question if there's anything your unsure of. We defo help each other and keep each other on the straight and narrow or out of the biscuit tin :) x

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

My hubby always offers food because he feels sorry for me...apparently

Oh I'm at work and people are eating kfc and pizza near me :(

It does help thanks, tried the talking thing but it seems to fall on deaf ears. Relying mainly on support from here to be honest as my group of friends are all skinny minis. They mean well but have never had a weight issue so don't fully get why it bothers me so much. I'm bubbly and gregarious so they think that the extra pounds don't matter. I suppose I've done too good a job over the years being the fat one in the group that they don't even see it. Determined this time to see it through, fed up with being the fat friend!

Plus they will probs tell you it's unhealthy when they see all the weight dropping off you!!!

Total loss = 22lbs

Plus they will probs tell you it's unhealthy when they see all the weight dropping off you!!!

Total loss = 22lbs

Yeah I've had that. I just replied saying its worse having a bmi that's classed as obese!!! Seemed to shut them up lol.

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Had a bit of a rant with a colleague at work last night. Mentioned I was on Cambridge and that I had tried it before so I know from experience that it works for me. Response was "well obviously not or you wouldn't now be having to go back on it!".
Fair point, but badly made. It wasn't the fault of the diet that I regained the weight (and then some), it was the fact that I hadn't stuck to eating sensibly afterwards.
I actually feel different. For the first time in forever, that little lights been switched on. It may only be a little glimmer at the moment but I'm hoping it gets brighter as each day passes.
Day 2 and feeling positive. ?

I find reminding the naysayers that eating chips and chocolate every day versus the vitamin drinks I'm currently on shuts up that line of conversation very quickly.

They never worry about your health when you're eating chips, do they? And yet strangers think it's ok to abuse overweight people because 'it's unhealthy'. We can't win!

Yes they're just jealous haha ;) people always negative about things they don't know much about. If it was so unhealthy we wouldn't be allowed to do it. Yes ideally everyone would lose weight slowly eating healthy and exercising but in an ideal world I wouldn't have got fat and wouldn't need to go to such measures. Plus barring the the first week, I feel healthier now than I ever did before even when I was thin!!!! Hope everyone is being good. I'm 0.5 lbs away from being in the 14s now and I'm literally so excited. Haven't been in them for two years..... Somehow managed to put on two stone in that time. I blame the PhD!!!

Total loss = 22lbs

I've decided to keep quite quiet about the whole Cambridge thing as I seem to spend most of my time defending my decision to do it. Just going to gently start shrinking and wait for that day when someone notices my weight loss without any prompting. That's going to be my reward! So fed up of feeling like this that it really has triggered something in the brain. This time I'm really going to do it. Going away with the girls in oct and for the first time ever I've no intention of being the fat friend. X

Back