Is anyone starting Cambridge January 2014? Lets support each other!

I had a few drinks last Saturday night but I stayed on plan food wise and I was back in ketosis by Sunday afternoon so I was the same weight on Monday as I had been previously. Up until yesterday I have stayed the same since the 11th March and today I'm a lb heavier. I've lost about 5 lbs in the guts of 4 weeks so it's like I've hit a brick wall since the got into the BMI 26 range. I'm bored and frustrated. I was never a binge eater, just never cooked at home before this and worked 70-80 hours a week in an office so my weight crept up over years. I'm now sitting here really annoyed (I've a headcold too so I'm feeling sorry for myself) and thinking what I'll tell my CDC this evening to get off this plan! I even googled excuses and the best one is to tell her I'm preggers. I'm not really open to that as it took 8 long years to have my one and only child so lying about something like that doesn't sit well with me. I might just bite the bullet and take this weeks bars etc and tell her that this will be my last week unless I'm seeing a movement on the scales by early next week. Then I can go down and join WW tonight. There's a meeting close to my home about 30 mins after my Cambridge weigh in. I think if I'm in the mindset of finishing up and I don't have another plan to go to straight away I might end up very quickly in the bottom of a creme egg.

I don't know why no one else can see tje group. Its on there.... Hmm... Everyone just add me... "Karima susi" on facebook and then I can manually add you to group

Total loss = 22lbs

I don't know why no one else can see tje group. Its on there.... Hmm... Everyone just add me... "Karima susi" on facebook and then I can manually add you to group

Total loss = 22lbs

Friends request sent. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb
Wk8 -STS :-(
Wk9 -STS :-( Again
Wk10 -4lb whoop whoop lol

I had a few drinks last Saturday night but I stayed on plan food wise and I was back in ketosis by Sunday afternoon so I was the same weight on Monday as I had been previously. Up until yesterday I have stayed the same since the 11th March and today I'm a lb heavier. I've lost about 5 lbs in the guts of 4 weeks so it's like I've hit a brick wall since the got into the BMI 26 range. I'm bored and frustrated. I was never a binge eater, just never cooked at home before this and worked 70-80 hours a week in an office so my weight crept up over years. I'm now sitting here really annoyed (I've a headcold too so I'm feeling sorry for myself) and thinking what I'll tell my CDC this evening to get off this plan! I even googled excuses and the best one is to tell her I'm preggers. I'm not really open to that as it took 8 long years to have my one and only child so lying about something like that doesn't sit well with me. I might just bite the bullet and take this weeks bars etc and tell her that this will be my last week unless I'm seeing a movement on the scales by early next week. Then I can go down and join WW tonight. There's a meeting close to my home about 30 mins after my Cambridge weigh in. I think if I'm in the mindset of finishing up and I don't have another plan to go to straight away I might end up very quickly in the bottom of a creme egg.

OMG you must be so frustrated!!!!! So what you feels best for you. She will try to make you stay but go with what you think is best. Let us know what you decide. Good luck hun. Xx

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Managed to add.one of you so far. But having a fit over adding anyone else...... Will keep trying but maybe you will be able to search for group now and it will come up?

Total loss = 22lbs

I don't think you need an excuse. If you're not seeing results, you're spending a lot of money and you're limiting your life to stay the same, then why wouldn't you? You're not at a stage where your weight is a risk to your health, and with some planning and careful eating the rest will come off in time.

As for not cooking because of being busy, I've started looking into freezer meals for when I'm eating, and have tested them on my boyfriend. Healthy, low fat meals for about 2 weeks can be done in an afternoon. Whizzing up some cauliflower in a food processor and then freezing in portion size bags is quicker than cooking rice, and if you cook up a huge vat of fresh veg and freeze in portion sizes it can become ratatouille, the basis for bolognese, a healthy curry or blended for soup in hardly any time. You can also cook and freeze protein rich breakfasts like egg and veg burrito, and roast some sweet potatoes to freeze for a lower carb lunch and roast a few trays of vegetables to have with cous cous for a super quick lunch.

Basically if you can spare 2 afternoons a month, you can eat well, cheaply and quickly. It jus takes organisation, which I'm terrible at! I'm going to aim to have 3 freezer meals a week, which means cooking the rest of the time won't seem like such a chore!

I'm here :) x

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Me too! I'm going to give Weight Watchers a go though for two weeks and see what I lose (hopefully) or gain. The food aspect of it though is definitely a daunting prospect. I'll head back to Cambridge if Im up after the 2 weeks.

I'm not sure going straight from this to ww will make you lose anything as you've not worked up any steps and your body will store what your having. I had one day of being totally off the diet and that worked for me. I just posted on the Facebook page. I lost all I'd gained plus an additional 4lb last week and have so far lost 3lb this week. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Another lb off for me this morning so now 12.3 :) 10 days ago I was 12.10!!!! Only 10lb to go now. Hopefully another 3 weeks and ill be done :) Although reckon ill only be on step 4 by then so prob do a few extra weeks. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Well done! I am now *drumroll* no longer obese! It's a good feeling! I'm seeing someone I haven't seen for ages later, I don't want her to comment, I don't know her well enough!

I think I lost nearly 2lbs last night, must be the kale crisps!

God, everyone's doing so brilliantly. This is now day 5 for me, yesterday was really tough, starving all day was not a good feeling but didn't cave so am really proud of myself. Feel good today, maybe that's because the sun is shining, but just had a cuppa and I'm not hungry at all. Hoorah!!
X

I'd say you're in ketosis at this stage Anne. Liz, my CDC last night said this close to goal I might find it tough going to get any more weight off in chunks on the cambridge diet so it spurred me on to make the change I always intended to make at the end anyway. I just intended to do maintenance on Cambridge first. The WW consultant recommended following the simple start this week but limiting carbs and not using the treats page for the first week. I'm always going to use my fitness pal to track the calorie content of everything I'm eating so we'll see what weigh in next Thursday brings. Now I've latched on to the idea in my head I can't bring myself to look at a shake.

Well done! I am now *drumroll* no longer obese! It's a good feeling! I'm seeing someone I haven't seen for ages later, I don't want her to comment, I don't know her well enough!

I think I lost nearly 2lbs last night, must be the kale crisps!

Well done hun, that's fab. I loved that feeling. I'm sure she will notice though as you've lost loads. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

God, everyone's doing so brilliantly. This is now day 5 for me, yesterday was really tough, starving all day was not a good feeling but didn't cave so am really proud of myself. Feel good today, maybe that's because the sun is shining, but just had a cuppa and I'm not hungry at all. Hoorah!!
X

You'll be there in no time to. I was you a few months ago looking at everyone else's stats thinking that will never be me but now it is!!! Remember what I said about day 5, just stick with it. X

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

I'd say you're in ketosis at this stage Anne. Liz, my CDC last night said this close to goal I might find it tough going to get any more weight off in chunks on the cambridge diet so it spurred me on to make the change I always intended to make at the end anyway. I just intended to do maintenance on Cambridge first. The WW consultant recommended following the simple start this week but limiting carbs and not using the treats page for the first week. I'm always going to use my fitness pal to track the calorie content of everything I'm eating so we'll see what weigh in next Thursday brings. Now I've latched on to the idea in my head I can't bring myself to look at a shake.

I really hope it works for you hun. Hopefully if you follow the ww plan with less carbs and sugar you'll be fine. Keep us updated. Xx

Wk 1 -8lb
Wk2 -6lb
Wk3 -3lb
Wk4 -4lb
Wk5 -3lb
Wk6 -3lb
Wk7 -3lb

Back