Is anypne already fed up with the football?

hchappyh

Silver Member
My OH loves his football. He is a big Spurs fan and because they lost yesterday (a big game I'm led to believe) all he did was eat afterwards! All the crisps and chocolate right in front of me....Thankfully I managed not to have any - no idea how though.

But it's got me thinking - the world cup is not that far off - how am I going to cope when he is watching with all that food about? Any tips/thoughts/ideas greatly received?!

Thanks and Good luck to all those footie outcasts like me!

xx

I hate football - and so does my OH thankfully!!!

I know what you mean though, I find it hard to avoid the snacky junk food etc or just generally overeating and picking at food because im bored.

I try to distract myself by doing something else or snack on carrot sticks or something lol X

The problem is that because He Loves the football, eating all those snacks is part of his enjoyment and having them around doesn't do me any good. Normally I'm able to cope with the just weekend games and the odd one during the week but with the world cup, football all the time it's going to be really hard to avoid all that junk....carrot sticks as nice as they are just don't hit the spot everyday in the football with all that junk about! HELP!

xx

only 59 days and counting!! i myself can't wait for the world cup. i love it - but i do sympathise with anyone who doesn't. even though ireland aren't in it this year i'll still enjoy it. does your bloke play football? was just thinking it might be a good idea to maybe take it up over the world cup - get a ball and start by playing with each other at half time or something. its a great way to get fit:) and you never know you might enjoy it:)

That is an excellent idea breadbin, thankyou. My OH doesn't play, he's one of those blokes that knows how to play, just doesn't if you know what I mean! The kids would love it too. The 4 of us playing in the garden - but not sure it would work during half time - that's when he goes for a wee, re-fills the snacks and of course listens to the analysis! However, we can play before and after. He's been talking about getting a goal for the garden - maybe we should. The saying, if you can't beat them join them, comes to mind!

Thanks again on behalf of my OH - he'll love you for this!
xx

That is an excellent idea breadbin, thankyou. My OH doesn't play, he's one of those blokes that knows how to play, just doesn't if you know what I mean! The kids would love it too. The 4 of us playing in the garden - but not sure it would work during half time - that's when he goes for a wee, re-fills the snacks and of course listens to the analysis! However, we can play before and after. He's been talking about getting a goal for the garden - maybe we should. The saying, if you can't beat them join them, comes to mind!

Thanks again on behalf of my OH - he'll love you for this!
xx

no worries, hope it works out - didn't know you had kids so it should be even easier to do with them:)

its like the wimbledon craze during the summer, as kids we'd all be out with the tennis racquets for the duration and like that football during the world cup although we didn't need the world cup to play football:) best of luck with it

i enjoy football...watching, playing in real life and computer games...i was actually quite good at it when i was younger, but now im too lazy...

but too much of a good thing is not good for u...if you like something so much, like a football club, it will affect your life. the good times will be good, the bad times will be bad and affect you emotionally.

i enjoy football...watching, playing in real life and computer games...i was actually quite good at it when i was younger, but now im too lazy...

but too much of a good thing is not good for u...if you like something so much, like a football club, it will affect your life. the good times will be good, the bad times will be bad and affect you emotionally.

yeah me too apart from computer games - never got into the football games although i do love the rpgs:)

i suppose i've gotten used to the bad times and its like normal to me now, i support blackburn:(

the idea to play football while it's on is really good, i was going to say as it's hot here when the world cup is on maybe you could go for a walk or take the kids to the park, that way you're getting the most from the sun but not having to endure the football! im dreading the world cup, i wanted to do something today but my OH is going to watch the Manchester derby so thats my family day out of the window!! lol x

Well, we've all been out kids on bikes and me running next to them and now we're home, OH watching the footie, Spurs Chelsea. So kids are now playing in the garden after their dinner and thought I'd log on here to see what's happening. Really hate the footie, but at least everyone in my house in now pre-occupied...even had time to clean the hob which I never get round to doing!! Too tired to play outside with the kids now, looking forward to their bed time and then some P&Q!

Will play footie with kids and OH during the world cup. I mentioned that to my OH and he laughed at the idea but then actually said what a good idea! Thanks Breadbin.

xx

Back