Is cambridge diet fatal?

Layano

I am On Cambridge since last month. I am starting to feel problems like late period, and bad breathing.
While reading online I came a cross a story about woman was on CD and passed away due to water retention.?

I am bit afraid?

Thanks

Done properly and properly monitored CD is as safe as any other diet. So many of the scare stores you read(about CD and other VLCDS) are exactly that - scare stories and often you only get the sensational facts and not the full information. I really wouldn't worry. Late periods can be for a variety of reasons - including rapid weight loss as you fat cells store oestrogen and the sudden release of this can play havoc - some people miss periods others have endless ones, some get heavier ones , others lighter - it really does depend on the individual.

bad breathing - do you mean bad breath or difficulty breathing - if its bad breath again thats a side product of any VLCD - as you burn fat your body produces ketones , the excess of these are expelled via your urine and in your breath.

If its difficulty breathing I would go and see your Dr - its very unlikely to be caused by CD but you might have an underlying condition.

Hope you are OK

Back