Is CD taking over your life?

Yes, my life seems to be taken over by thoughts of CD too. I think about food all the time, like what my first meal will be and how i'm going to be good all week so I can treat myself at the weekend. The weird thing is i've nver hady kind of obsession with food, my weight crept up with stopping smoking and having 2 babies iin 2 years with 2 c-sections. Obv I didn't become this size by not eating but I have never eaten excessively, I just didn't bother excersising and was very inactive after the 2 babies so my weight crept up and up. So I never did have a food obsession but seem to have one now that I can't eat!

My cravings are def for proper dinners, not for junk. I crave salad and pasta, things like that.

Nothing will dter me from going on with this though, no matter how tempting it may be. I desperately want to be slim again and regain my confidence and if I cheat or come off the diet I know that I would be sat here in a few months time thinking I wish I had stuck to the diet cuase I could have been in my size 10 jeans by now if I had. That's the thought I keep in my mind, so many times have came round and i've thought I wish had dieted, like at Xmas nights out and things I wish I had went on a diet months ago and been slim. I don't want to have that feeling again, this Xmas I want to say to myself thank goodness I stuck to the diet and now i'm a size 10 and most importnatly I have some self esteem again!

Come on, we can all do it - it's bloody hard work but in a few months wouldn't it be great if we were all sknnie minnies laughing about how we obsessed over food but we got through it!

Hi Everyone

I wouldn't say CD is taking over my life but it's making me think SO hard about my eating habits; all for the better.

I'm always going to concerts and on these nights I have had plain chicken and some green veg. I'm on 100% SS at all other times and it's working for me. Having lost 17 lbs in 5 weeks I find my compliance is better by still being able to go out and on these very special occasions eat with everyone else.

It's taken years for me to get this fat so I'm not expecting a quick fix - if you see what I mean... It may take a little longer to get to goal because I eat occasionally but for me and my health it works.

Hope this helps; BW

PS Forgot to say I am smelling and craving different food; I wasn't keen on bread before the 'diet' but now it smells lovely. When I'm eating full time again my diet will be so different and varied. I watched my boyfriend eat chips (from the chip shop) on Saturday and didn't fancy them at all... Before it would have been a very different story...

Hi Mia, maybe CD is taking over my life, but after my weight having taken over the last 15 years+ of my life then I'm not complaining! lol

I do think about it a lot, mainly how I'm going to look and feel at the end of it all. It's the first time that I've ever felt like this...like I know it's going to work. Every other time that I've started a diet I haven't felt in my heart of hearts that it's going to work. But this time I have no doubt in my mind.

It's really exciting and it's great to visualise how it's going to be when we've lost all this weight. Athletes visualise themselves winning because it is actually quite a powerful tool.

Yay for CD! :D

i used to log on 2 facebook every morning now i log on here....im so focused & i love being 100%

i love the focus! its sad but i am really going to miss it when i come off SS weirdly. its so strict that it really suits my all or nothing attitude!!

Back