Is E45 cream good for saggy skin?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by loulouh79, 12 September 2007 Social URL.

1. loulouh79

loulouh79 Member

Diet:
    lighter life
    I have been looking at creams to moisturise my body.

I'm aware that E45 cream is thick and really moisturising, does anyone know if this will help with the elasticity in our skin whilst we lose this weight, I have only lost 9lbs and i'm 28 but already i can see that in between my legs seem a little saggy.

I am aware of bio oil but that is really expensive and i have quite an area to cover

well off to cover myself in cream hey i'll be bathing in it soon lol:D

L x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but skin that has lost its elasticity is just that ... skin that has lost its elasticity. The damage to the fibres in the deep layers of the skin has been done .... BUT

it's not all gloom and doom. Creams and massaging can improve the appearance of the skin's surface (and makes the skin feel great too)! E45 cream is probably as good as any other for that.
    Also, toning exercises can help the look of a saggy area so why not consider swimming or cycling - both brilliant for exercising the legs.

4. rubywoo

rubywoo Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I use bio-oil and and dove products. Bio oil is bloody expensive but my skins feels and looks a lot better than it did and I have been doing it religiously morning and night. I think once the elasticity is gone it's kinda gone but massaging the creams and lotions and potions makes my skin smell and feel wonderful, with Bio-Oil I have found that the texture has changed as well making it smoother and less blemishy (if that makes sense). I think just lavishing some care and attention onto your skin and body and massaging in circular movements helps too - but then I'm a sucker for beauty products/hype and the like :D

Before starting LL, I had large upper arms and thighs not to mention my apron like stomach, now that I am losing weight my once firm (with fat - but firm nonetheless) arms and tummy and thighs are showing signs of sagging, a lot of ladies have seen great results with toning exercises and going by their pics it has certainly been worth it as they look fabulous.

5. SandraEG

SandraEG Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Someone on here (was it cerulean?) said that you can get the Bio Oil beneffits from adding a few drops to a cheaper moisturiser. I've been doing that but I don't put it on twice a day... Only after the gym.

6. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    What a good idea!

7. loulouh79

loulouh79 Member

Diet:
    lighter life
    marvellous, Cheers sandra and whom ever came up with the idea. Off to a stockist it is then.

I think if i start moisturising now before i lose tooo much weight it will give my skin a bt more of a chance.

L x

8. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Not sure if it still is but Bio Oil was going really cheap (just a couple of quid) at Home & Bargain - might be worth checking out.

9. loulouh79

loulouh79 Member

Diet:
    lighter life
    great stuff thanks Cath.

oh btw what is home & bargin ????

Lx

10. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Just seen this thread....

I am now using Superdrug Vitamin E body lotion. Its less thyan £2 a tube, and is fabulous. My skin feels really sof t& smooth and its so cheap I can slap it on whenever I want!! I use the one with a bit of shimmer in, it makes me feel special!!

xx

11. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    This forum has got to be one of the BEST resources for finding wonderful, tried-and-tested products! :)

12. Curlygurl

Curlygurl Full Member

Would also recommend body brushing. I do it a couple of times a week, and Ithink it really helps. My cellulite is virtually gone, and my skin feels amazing. I like the superdrug vitamin e cream as well. They do tubs of it for a couple of quid and it feels great just to slather it all over.

13. yesdarling

yesdarling Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Curlygurl, do you brush before a shower/bath and without water (dry brush)? I have terrible cellulite - I always thought it was hereditary? And no amount of lotions/brushing helps. I have just ordered a brush, bio oil, and some Burts Bee vitamin e lotion. Fingers crossed!

14. lasttimelucky

lasttimelucky Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st12lb
    Current Weight:
    19st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(4.28%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Great tip about the bio oil, will definitely try that as my arms in particular are already looking scary!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.