Is exercise included?

Do slimming world classes include any form of exercise and guidance on exercise? Really need some help, but don't feel up to going to a gym with lots of 'lycra lovelies'.......well not until I'm a lycra lovely myself!:p;)

Hi

Sw classes don't actually include exercise, but there is a book in your Sw pack about 'body magic' (ie exercise).

Sw recognise any type of exercise, from walking to hoovering, bike riding to kayaking! You can earn awards based on the level of exercise that you do and maintain and then need to increase the amount of exercise you do to earn the next award!

Gyms aren't compulsory, nor is exercise at all really but it is a good idea. Try a simple walk to the shops or round the local park to get you started xx

I think it's only Rosemary Conley that include exercise in their meetings - they did when I went years ago anyway.

Maybe we can help instead Cadbury? What kind of help do you need?

Saying that, if you need someone to come and drag your bum off the sofa we may fail :)

And don't forget, Lycra Lovelies probably didn't look like they do when they first joined the gym. They got that way through exercising hard (usually at the same time as dieting). I'm a member of my local DW Sports Gym - for about £30 a month I get full use of the pool :D and gym :( , but best of all, as many exercise classes as I like. There's more gentle and more difficult classes, and instructors will always try to tell us easier and harder options for exercises. If you like dancing then Zumba's a good one to start with.

In January especially, you will find people of all shapes and sizes in any gym or fitness class. I think SW works really well alongside exercise because you can always have a bigger syn free dinner if you're starving after exerting yourself.

:D

Back