is it ever possible to look good naked after losing more than 5 or 6 stone?

Sonya73

Right, I need to know...

I have lost four stone, got another two to go till I am in the right BMI range.

I look a lot better in my clothes already, but naked... well, its a different story - wobbly, saggy belly, flabby inner thighs.. my bum's not too bad... yet!

So, will it look worse as I lose more weight or will it ever start to look better?

I didnt look good naked fatter either, but I am a bit daunted by the prospect of never looking any better than this, no matter how hard I try.

I already swim, and do yoga when I can make the classes, but it doesnt seem to touch the jiggly bits...

any advice, other than tummy tucks etc?

I have googled, and saw a treatment called thermage, but its almost as expensive as surgery and seems to have mixed results...

Has anyone else lost a comparable amount of weight, and if so, how is your body now?

I think I've been quite lucky. I've lost over 4 stone and my boobs are a little saggy and my belly wobbles a bit, but I know I still have over 2 stone to go and who knows what will happen before then - I'm just focusing on losing weight slowly (if you lose it fast the skin can't *snap* fast enough and it ends up loose) and keeping exercising (and toning!!). If I'm still unhappy when I'm at goal then I may look into the surgical route (boob uplift, maybe a tummy tuck but I'd rather be a bit flabby than scarred!!).

I don't know how old you are, but age also affects the elasticity of the skin.

As for advice - keep doing what you're doing, keep exercising but make sure you're also doing muscle training / toning as well as your swimming - too much cardio without muscle training will make you flabby - maybe invest in a kettlebell and a dvd - kettlebell training is BRILLIANT! or some free weights :) But really, don't worry too much about it until you get to goal! Also, massaging the skin helps keep it supple - the Firminator is great from Soap and Glory, but I personally use bio oil / cocoa butter because it also reduces stretch marks - both existing and preventing new ones! (another horrible effect from weight loss that I *will* be resorting to laser therapy for!!! my tummy looks like a road map!).

As an aside, I was extremely active and quite toned until a couple of years before I started to gain the weight - not sure if that makes a difference.

Saggy belly,Saggy boobs,Saggy bingo wings, pert bum but ive never had a big bum.
Know how you feel sonya.
Im concentrating on the weight loss for now and will tackle the saggy stuff when im at goal.
Good Luck. :0)

Glad to know I'm not the only one folks! I want to start working on this as soon as I can, so that I can enjoy being slimmer, rather than looking in the mirror and recoiling in horror! ;-)

It's funny how we put weight on in different places - like Bevsy my bottom's never been my problem, but then again, apparently bottom and thigh weight is healthier than tummy and upper body weight, so its a good job we are doing this and losing the weight!

Fattack - I'm slathering on the cocoa butter, firming creams etc... at least I will have soft skin, if nothing else!

I'm losing it slowly, four stone in eight months, and am hoping that will help!

so what exercises should we be doing for the wibbly midriff stuff? I'm not familiar with kettlebells so I will look into that - I've got a lateral thigh trainer, but it seems to exercise the outside of my thighs, which are rock hard anyway, rather than that inner top section... I also have an exercise ball, but Im not sure what to do with it!

my tummy has always been wobbly since the kids were born but hoping its not going to be worse when I lose the weight.

Not if you've had kids, c section and been overweight. :(

I'm not familiar with exercise ball exercises myself I'm afraid! For your tummy - sit ups and twists! Crunches are good too, just make sure you're not pulling with your neck, but with your core - to do this, keep your neck long and imagine you're holding a tennis ball between your chin and your body.

I'm only 25 and my entire adult life have been a size 18, but my skin is terrible. There are people on the Biggest Loser who are significantly bigger than me with nicer and less stretch marked stomachs! I think it's genetics, clearly my skin is not the stretchiest :sigh:. Having big boobs doesn't help the overall look either!

I don't look good naked as it is, but I may as well be a bit slimmer and look better in clothes :rolleyes:. I don't think I could have any surgery after weight loss as I have a mortal fear of general anaesthetics.

I have this huge roll of flab on my stomach which 'hangs' down near my pubic area. I am just hoping that the skin will somehow snap back when I have the weight lost but I have my doubts. Also have stretchmarks all over my breasts, abdomen and upper arms - yuch!

I didn't have the weight to lose that you are talking about - I have just lost 3 st 7 lbs
But I would definitely recommend exercise
Diet will decrease body fat, but exercise will tone you and enable you to sculpt your body
Take it from me, I am little now, I have the jelly belly, I did have the overhang but that's gone. I have stretch marks, saggy boobs etc etc but I am toned.
Dressed I can look awesome
Naked I try and hide and very conscious of all the bad bits
As there is no one apart from me and hubby that see me naked and more people see me when I am dressed, the naked bit is a very short space of time in comparison, so don't let hang ups rule you
Your body is a map of your life
Most flabby bits can be toned up -maybe not fully depending on the problem area- through a good exercise.
I would suggest you exercise while losing weight as will help stop a lot of the sagging through toning
It's possible you may have some loose skin -so? Does that make you less of a person, I think not. Your body map is telling the story of a great weight loss

My doctor told me a lot of it has to do with age and as I am old there is not much I can do about it except surgery which I am not prepared to do.
I lost 5 and a half stone over a year, doing lots of exercise. After not having a full length mirror in the house for years bought one and was upset when I saw myself in it - lots of loose stomach skin but ok everywhere else, different image to what I had in my head.
Anyway after about a month got over it and as I look ok in my clothes I forget about the loose skin and thankful I was able to get rid of the flab.

Back