Total Solution Time to get healthy...

astro1990

Hi everyone

I've been reading threads on here over the weekend and have decided that starting one of my own is the best way to keep myself on track. So a little more about me... I'm 26, 5ft 7 and bang on 16 stone :eek: can't believe I've let myself get this big! I did Cambridge about 3 years ago and lost 2 stone really quickly, felt great, and then just stopped... for literally no reason. It's my biggest regret because I would give anything to be where I was then!

The good news is that I have an amazing boyfriend who is so supportive of whatever I do. I could weigh 5 stone or 25 stone and he'd still love me the same. My weight definitely affects our relationship because I hate him seeing me naked and I've put off us booking a holiday this year because I can't stand the thought of getting my wobbly bits out in front of strangers!

I've fannied around for the last 3 years with a bit of Cambridge/Exante/Slimming world but my heart has never really been in it. Because of this, I have ended up heavier than ever. I don't know why, but this time something feels different. Before I have always dreaded starting a new diet and felt like I was doing it because I should, but this time I really want to. I was excited last night to have my first shake this morning (chocolate - not bad!!).

My reasons for losing weight are:
- To feel good about myself naked and in clothes
- For my health - I had some routine blood tests recently which shows I have a slightly fatty liver. This was terrifying because I do like a drink, but my GP reassured me that it wasn't to do with that, it was all because I am obese. I also get swollen ankles which will go when I lose weight.
- To save money - I spend SO MUCH MONEY on junk food. I work next to a Costa and have breakfast there every day which at £5 a day quickly adds up!

Plus so many more I can't even think of right now.

I am raring to do and can only hope this enthusiasm lasts.

Have a great day everyone :)

Just started nibbling on a "cookie" for my lunch... urgh! Never again!! It tastes so salty, almost like it was burning my tongue. Shame I've got 10 of them LOL :doh:

Hello and welcome :)

Sounds like you are in the right frame of mind - doing it for you and no one else :)

Good luck with your journey x

I have done the same Astro. I lost weight and stopped after a holiday away a few years ago. I could kick myself now because I got down to 11stone and only needed to lose 1.5stone to goal. I also am heavier now than when I started my diet last time. I think I was around 13.5 stone, this time I started over two stone heavier. I have an incentive to lose weight because I am going to a wedding abroad and none of my family has seen me for a couple of years and I don't want to be the fat one in the photos.

I also want to make sure I don't have health issues in the future and if I stay this weight I will.

I have bought lots of Exante products so I can't complain I don't have anything to eat. I just got another delivery today including two 50 packs of soups in case I fancy something hot, but I'm rather disappointed that they expire in November 2016. Unless you only order the most popular products, Exante does ship short dated ones. I'm not a big fast food fan, but I cook and eat big meals and then clean up the leftovers straight from the fridge. If I keep to the three Exante packs a day it saves a load of money particularly on all those impulse buys - sweets, cakes and biscuits on special offer at the supermarket. I'm ashamed to say I use to finish the bag of sweets then be half way through the packet of biscuits before I got home and the drive is only about 5 mins!

Let's all look forward to a slimmer, healthier and richer future!

Thanks for your replies, Corbie and Julie!

Julie, our stories are so similar. I know what you mean about the products too - most of mine expire in November too. I know in theory we should have got through them all by then but still...

Tonight has been fine, I feel OK, a little peckish but nothing I wasn't expecting. I had the gooey chocolate pudding for dinner - blugh!! Oh dear, I'm not getting on with many of these products am I :rolleyes: I'm such a fussy cow.

I had a bath earlier which reminded me of reason #4 to lose weight - my bum is so big it literally makes a dam in the bath. After I pull the plug all the water to my front drains away, but the water behind me gets stuck because there's so much of me in the way! Got to laugh or I'll cry!

Hope everyone is having a great evening :)

Morning all!

Getting dressed for work this morning reminded me of reason #5 to lose weight - I want to feel comfortable wearing something other than leggings. Seriously all my outfits revolve around leggings. I have a really nice pair of size 18 jeans in my drawer that don't quite do up, so it's my goal to get into those before the end of August :)

I've also decided to challenge myself to sticking to plan for 100 days between now and Christmas. If my dodgy maths is right there are 152 days between now and Christmas, and if I can stick to plan for 100 of those days I will be happy. I'm realistic that I will stray off plan every now and then; I'm not willing to give up my social life for a diet! So I think if I'm 13stone on Christmas day (3 stone loss) I will be happy.

Anyway, enough of my jabbering - going to catch up on diaries and give one of these cookies another go. Hope everyone has a great day :)

Morning all!

Getting dressed for work this morning reminded me of reason #5 to lose weight - I want to feel comfortable wearing something other than leggings. Seriously all my outfits revolve around leggings. I have a really nice pair of size 18 jeans in my drawer that don't quite do up, so it's my goal to get into those before the end of August :)

I've also decided to challenge myself to sticking to plan for 100
days between now and Christmas. If my dodgy maths is right there are 152 days between now and Christmas, and if I can stick to plan for 100 of those days I will be happy. I'm realistic that I will stray off plan every now and then; I'm not willing to give up my social life for a diet! So I think if I'm 13stone on Christmas day (3 stone loss) I will be happy.

Anyway, enough of my jabbering - going to catch up on diaries and give one of these cookies another go. Hope everyone has a great day :)

That's a good plan. I hope you are having a great day too.

With total solution you add 200 calories of healthy food every fourth week. It helps beat the boredom and help if you tend to plateau. In the meantime you can add spices, herbs and things to the TS products, but I agree some are horrible. I like a couple of the bars (toffee, nut and raisin, plus the chocolate and orange bar) and often have half of one for lunch and half mid/late afternoon. That makes me feel a bit more satisfied when I have my supper at night. Otherwise I'm really hungry and that is the time I am more likely to fall off the wagon
http://www.exantediet.com/diet-plan...6_1467017448_d553edc1a19d34ea3e815c4d6bbe39c3

I'm hoping to lose 1.5-2 stone by 10 October when I go away for three weeks. Anything more will be a bonus. I will try and be careful when I am away, then straight back on the diet when I am back. My birthday is in late February and I am hoping to be down 5 stone by then 10stone 10lbs is my goal. I need to drop just over another after that stone to get to the top of my healthy BMI range.

I like the idea of 100 on plan days, I may be overly ambitious but I would like to be 4 stone down by the 1st December (it's my 10 yr wedding anniversary and that would take me to my wedding weight) I do have 1 night off scheduled, unfortunately it's this Saturday so in my first week but it's been planned for ages and a friend is cooking. Good luck ladies, I'm sure if we can get through the first few days we can get to goal xx

Sooo yesterday went fine-ish - had a chocolate shake for brekkie, chocolate mint shake for lunch, then a grilled spicy chicken breast with broccoli in the evening. I know not strictly "on plan", but I felt like I wanted to sit and eat dinner with my boyfriend. He has a very busy job and plays cricket semi-pro, so he is training/playing most evenings and Saturdays. He was in all last night and I wanted to make the most of it. I think I made a good choice :)

As for today... currently half way through a jam & yogurt crunch bar. YUM! It's really lovely. Phew, glad it's not only chocolate products I like!

Off to catch up on diaries - I am not a great commenter but I read all the diaries, they help give me willpower because if so many other people can stick to it then so can I :)

Have a great day everyone xx

Hi Astro and welcome! Grilled chicken and broccoli sounds yum and I'm a believer that it's a good idea to introduce some new food occasionally, otherwise we'd go crazy on this diet! I have total respect for anyone who manages to stick to the packs 100% of the time, but I just don't have that willpower... at least if you're making good alternative choices it shouldn't slow up your weight loss at all.

Hi Lindsey, Anita and Womble! Thanks so much for all your kind comments and support, I really appreciate it :)

Yesterday went well! Not gonna lie I had a few bits of sausage last night... I went to the pub with friends and they give out free sausages cut up into pots on every table. I was already miserable being stuck on the DC's instead of wine, so had a few sausages. I don't regret it because they are really nice, good quality sausages so won't be full of breadcrumbs and other rubbish. Just to be sure I hadn't done any damage I had a cheeky weigh this morning and it's showing I've lost 6 pounds already :woohoo:

So today is day 4 and I feel pretty good. But I am soooo hungry! Had a chocolate shake for breakfast and will be having a chocolate mint shake for lunch - not sure about dinner yet but I'm thinking a bar of some kind?

Off to read some diaries and may actually comment on them! I worry I come across as rude not commenting, but I can never think of anything good to say, lol.

Hope everyone has a fab day x Hannah x

Here's hoping they fly by! I don't normally wish my life away, but every rule has exceptions...

So I feel grumpy right now. My feet are freeeeeeeeezing, I'm hungry, my boyfriend is out until 10pm again so I'm sat alone in the house and all I can think about is bloody chicken kievs of all things!!

Chicken kiev. I don't think I've had one for about 5 years but what I wouldn't do for one right now. Instead, I'm going to sit in a boiling hot bath until I wrinkle up, have my last shake (flavour TBC) and watch rubbish TV until he comes home.

x

You're doing really well so far. 6lbs loss is fantastic. I find evenings the hardest too. Give yourself a pampering manicure next time, keeps your hands and mind occupied.

Thanks so much Chok and Julie! :)

Last night I got so grumpy that I took myself to bed just after my boyfriend got home. He was cooking pizza for himself and I knew I'd be even more miserable if I had to sit next to him on the sofa as he ate it.

The good news is, this morning I feel fine :D No more kiev cravings :rolleyes: Not going to weigh again until my official weigh day of Monday as I don't want to get disheartened if the scales haven't budged. I don't know why but on a diet as restrictive as this I expect a loss every morning, even though I know that's not realistic. But tonight will be tricky... the in-laws are coming round for a BBQ and this usually involves lots of heavy drinking and eating. I am going to stick to meats and salad though, and not drink. I'm sure they'll think I'm pregnant because I NEVER turn down a glass of wine normally! Oh well, when they see my belly shrinking instead of growing they'll know there's no baby in there.

Having a chocolate caramel crunch bar (I think that's what it's called) for breakfast and fingers crossed I enjoy it as much as the jam bar.

Still loving all your diaries, whenever I get the urge to eat something I shouldn't I come on this forum and read through diaries. I've read through the first 5 pages of diaries in 5 days, so about a page a day gets me through!

Oh and yesterday marked day 3 of my 100 days on plan :)

Wishing you all a lovely day x

I'm starting again again again again etc..... however I have a holiday in 6 weeks time so hoping to drop a stone by then. I have done Exante before but there wasn't much motivation for me. However the fact that my holiday clothes are rather tight will spur me on I think. So today is my first day, my shakes have just literally arrived so i'm about to have my first pack of the day.

Hoping we can cheer each other on! have a good day :)

Back