Total Solution Time to get healthy...

I do exactly the same when my husband comes home with takeout, or cooks himself something nice - I head straight upstairs, as I know I'd get really angry with him for eating it in front of me!

Hope you have a nice BBQ tonight!

I'm starting again again again again etc..... however I have a holiday in 6 weeks time so hoping to drop a stone by then. I have done Exante before but there wasn't much motivation for me. However the fact that my holiday clothes are rather tight will spur me on I think. So today is my first day, my shakes have just literally arrived so i'm about to have my first pack of the day.

Hoping we can cheer each other on! have a good day :)

That's a great motivation. Fingers crossed for you.

Good luck Emma! A stone in a week is more than achievable, and you have the biggest motivation of a holiday. Do you have a diary?

Womble - hi! Haha I was so unreasonably angry with him. Seems really silly now. Hope you're doing well!

Soooo tiny confession - I was making my choc shake for lunch and opened the fridge to get the water jug out (I'm so fussy I can only drink really cold filtered water :oops:) and saw a bar of real chocolate in there, opened it and ate 4 squares. WHY? I don't even know! I was feeling hungry but I knew having my shake would fill me up. Honestly I could kick myself... but I won't because that would hurt.

Oh well, I'm feeling good about the barbie tonight, confident that I can make good choices. Not confident I won't boot the MIL up the backside when - when, not if! - she drinks a whole bottle of my favourite white wine that I've been saving for a special occasion. Oh well :confused:

Have a great Friday evening every one - it's the weekend baby, woooo!

So I have decided to come off plan for the evening. My boyfriend came home from work and announced that he'd got a new job - this job he's had 3 interviews for, had to have all sorts of background checks, references, medical checks for and it just seemed like it wasn't going to happen. But it has! It's a lot more money + benefits + bonus and he promised once he got a new job we could book a holiday!! I'm so happy for him and he wants to go out to dinner to celebrate with his parents and who am I to say no?! Going to have a sensible meal and a glass of wine, then straight back on it in the morning.

Got to keep going if I'll be going on holiday after all this year! Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

I have not made good choices... But I'm hear to own up. About to talk food so beware!

I had:
2 glasses of wine
One of those pizzas with salad in the middle
Chocolate fudge cake

And I don't regret it one single bit. Can't wait to get back on track tomorrow, I feel so bloated. Bloated but happy! :)

Hi Astro, I am the same as you I don't beat myself up about slipping occasionally, we have to get through these weeks with a reasonable amount of sanity intact! :)

Eldorai you're so right! I need little treats here and there or I'd go mad. I massively admire people who do week after week 100%, I wish I had that much willpower! The way I see it is if a little slip here and there allows me to stay on plan in the long run then it's worth it.

After last nights splurge I'm still not hungry, but I know I should have my 1st shake to kickstart my metabolism so I will do that soon. Not much planned today, I've turned down invitations to a beer festival and a BBQ to avoid more temptation. Decided not to weigh now until Monday 8th August so I will see a nice big loss to keep me going. Excited to be back on plan for the next 9 days with no interruptions :)

Wishing you all a fab Saturday :) x

Congratulations to your boyfriend, that's lovely news and I don't think there's any shame in coming off plan to celebrate things like that - life goes on, and we have to enjoy it occasionally! Good for you for deciding to get straight back on plan though - I think that's the tough part, and I know it's something I struggle with when I come off plan. Enjoy the weekend x

Thanks Womble!

I've had a lot of time to think today (Saturdays I always spend home alone because my boyfriend plays cricket in the summer, football the rest of the year) and I was thinking about how much my weight has gone up and down over the years.

In Feb 2012 I had glandular fever and it was bloody horrible. My GP said I had the worst case she'd ever seen. My hair fell out, hands peeled, liver started to fail and I couldn't get out of bed for 4 months. I had to defer my 3rd year of uni, and I went back in September 2012 to re-sit knowing absolutely no-one because all my friends had graduated. I was lonely so comfort ate... and ate... and ate my way up to 15 stone (I don't know how much I weighed before, maybe 12? 13? no idea)

In Feb 2013 I'd had enough and after getting the all clear from my doctor started Cambridge. I loved it and lost 3 stone in 3 months, felt great, wasn't at target but just stopped. Managed somehow to keep the weight off until December 2013 when I met my boyfriend - well, I say "met", I'd actually known him for years but things only got romantical around this time. Since then I've put on 4 stone :confused: and here I am now! I've dabbled over the last 2 1/2 yrs with Cambridge again and SW, but my heart was never in it because I was so happy in my relationship and my life. I have a great job, friends, godson, boyfriend, we've just bought our first home, looking forward to the future. The only "bad" thing in my life is my weight.

Wow it feels good to get that off my (v. large) chest.

Sorry to ramble!

Oh and like the complete psycho I am, I've just found a packet of chocolate fingers in the cupboard... the only things I can't resist are chocolate biscuits and cake. Pizza, crisps, fizzy drinks, chocolate BARS, I couldn't care less about. But I made my bf promise NO cake and NO biscuits, so to make sure I don't eat them I opened the packet, covered them with washing up liquid and threw them in the bin. I'm officially mental.

to make sure I don't eat them I opened the packet, covered them with washing up liquid and threw them in the bin. I'm officially mental.

That's hilarious! I think you are officially a genius rather than mental - that's such a good tip to avoid the sweet treats in the house!

Haha thanks Womble! The boyfriend wasn't as impressed ;) hehe

Not much to report here. Just had my first shake and off to watch finding dory in a bit. Going to forego my usual ice blast for a small Coke Zero! Never tempted by pick n mix or popcorn so no temptation there.

Happy Sunday all :) x

Another day done :) I think my plan going forwards is going to be: shake for breakfast, shake for lunch, and a small carb-free dinner. I don't want to miss out on eating with my boy in the evenings because then I'll feel deprived and start picking. I can't imagine it will slow down my weight loss by too much, but if it does it's still worth it. If I deprived myself I would just give up and I really don't want to do that. So I'm not doing TS technically but I can't figure out how to change the pink thing before my diary :rolleyes:

Official week 1 weigh in should be tomorrow but I've decided to give it a miss; instead, I'm going to weight a week Monday and hopefully see a nice big loss :)

Oh and Finding Dory is really sweet and funny. We were definitely the only couple in there though, surrounded by kids! lol! I guess we're just big kids at heart :)

Monday tomorrow, waaah give me strength!

Plodding along fine here, despite the fact that it's Monday and I've been in meetings all day. Said no to muffins! Lol.

I have decided to put my scales in the boot of my boyfriends car until next Monday because I keep getting tempted to hop on... If I stick to diet the weight will come off, so what's the point in checking 50 times a day?!

Off to Nando's tonight for a butterfly chicken and salad - my friend is doing slimming world so she understands that I won't be having my usual double chicken pitta with spicy rice and mash... mmmmm...!

I am definitely finding the days a lot easier now I'm a week in. I am such a hungry person though. A lot of people doing VLCD's say that their hunger goes after a few days but I did 3 months on Cambridge and was starving the whole time, so I'm not expecting it to be any different on Exante. I can deal with being hungry though, it's just when my tummy grumbles loudly in meetings that I don't like!

2 shakes and 3 litres down today already! I have always been a big water drinker so that's not an issue. Had a small blip last night that involved a pita bread but the less said about that the better.

:)

Done a 100% TS Day today :) 3 shakes down, 4 litres of water. Hopefully that flushes out the accidental pita hope everyone is good, it's very quiet around here! X

Back