Is it healthy to be obsessed?

Has Home Economics really been removed from schools? Isnt that one of those urban myths, like schools no longer doing PE etc.
my three have all done Food technology at school they have cooked nothing involving any level of real skill (fairy cakes, muffins, pizza with ready made base) I learned so many skills back in the 70's! When you move onto GCSE food tech it involves mainly packaging and production, and taking one recipe and evolving it each week/then the next week/then the next!...very odd. Let's hope some changes will be made to that subject and fast! (I still chop an onion then way I was taught at school, Lol)

when you've got a really long road in front of you to get to a healthy weight then obsession is necessary i think. i'm trying to get obsessed, it just wont stick :sigh: As people have said the problem is getting to a healthy weight and still being obsessed. i hope to get to goal and then become obsessed with teeny weeny clothes instead!

Of course obsession isn't healthy, in any subject.

However a driven mind, determined and passionate. Desire to succeed but with a healthy dose of realism and knowledge that sometimes life gets in the way, that one slip isn't the end of the road just a detour, that IS healthy.

Perfectionism is very destructive too, learning to forgive yourself is the best weapon in your arsenal x

Shirleen said:
Of course obsession isn't healthy, in any subject.

However a driven mind, determined and passionate. Desire to succeed but with a healthy dose of realism and knowledge that sometimes life gets in the way, that one slip isn't the end of the road just a detour, that IS healthy.

Perfectionism is very destructive too, learning to forgive yourself is the best weapon in your arsenal x

I think that's the difference, obsession in any form is often destructive, however feeling driven and thinking about your ultimate goal is what pushes you to achieve results.

Having dealt with people via work battling to overcome eating disorders I think that is very, very different from the majority on here, for someone recovering it can be such a huge hurdle to even eat something at work, I know we've had to arrange for people to eat in a private room to begin with as it's such a big thing. To me that is destructive, whereas thinking and talking and planning what tpu'll eat is just focus.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back