Is it just me that gets so frustrated at image therapy??

Louise24

Gold Member
I don't know if I'm the only one, but.. I stayed at group last night and was amazed by how rude some people are. They won't stop talking, constantly muttering away to their friends.

It got to the point last night where I couldn't even hear the consultant talking, I love hearing about people's weeks and tips etc and find it unbelivable that grown women can be so rude by nattering away to each other and not giving a toss.

I'm not normally this grumpy, and love a good chat, but why bother staying to class if all they are going to do is talk? My consultant is fantastic and tries to shush them but they carry back on again after 10 seconds. ARRGH.

I've been to a few different groups and it's happened at all of them - does anyone else get annoyed or do I just need to take a chill pill? :D

It happens at my class but the consultant is really good at getting people to shut up. It's always the same people who can't shut up though, I just sit away from them lol

Thats just downright rude!
Personally I would tell them as well! Lol
Your consultant needs to put her foot down and ask them if they have anything that they would like to contribute to the class at that time, otherwise the other members are going to miss out on important information. These are probably the kind of members that regularly have a gain and "cant understand why?"

You have every right to be miffed Hun, I know I would be!

I think you need to be having a word with the consultant as it is her job to tell people to keep the noise down. if it means that the other people in the group cannot concentrate properly on image therapy then i think it is reasonable to ask them to pipe down!

It really is the consultant's job to keep order in her class. But if she can't then perhaps you should give her a helping hand?

There must be some other members who feel the way you do. Look around when this happens and see what the reactions are. Then you can get a few of you to say SSSSH! at the same time when the chattering gets too loud. I think that would be quite effective.

I went to a new class this week and although it was a small group, people were rude and talked over the consultant. In my local group this didn't happen often and if it did the consultant dealt with it really well.

Also, I know it can't be helped but at the new group someone had brough two young children along and they caused a lot of disruption when people were paying/being weighed and during the class. I just think if you bring your children, bring a game or something for them so everyone who is paying to come to class can hear the consultant rather than their screaming and being told off.

How rude!!!

Regarding bringing kids, I would never ever bring mine, partly because I know they wouldn't be quiet, but also because I am terrified of them picking up on my obsession with weight etc - I don't ever talk about it in front of them!

the same thing happened at my group last week and i was really annoyed by it too! A couple of the 'talkers' were new starters too so i was doubly surprised because surely they're the ones that need to listen and pick stuff up! i didn't say anything though, i thought one of them might punch me!

People talk during my one as well but it's not that bothering me at the moment but my consultant.... All we get is him pushing the recrutment evenings to become a consultant and to bring new members/ food for new member evenings. I just feel he's pushing us to boost his club for him and its cheeseing me off at the moment. sorry about the rant!!! This week the club only lost 12lb in total and only a handfull of people stayed..it was quite dressing really.

Sadly I'm finding this more and more common, in all areas of life. And the thing that surprises me is that it tends to be more 'mature' people who are the least respectful of other's needs/wants/feelings.

People talk during my one as well but it's not that bothering me at the moment but my consultant.... All we get is him pushing the recrutment evenings to become a consultant and to bring new members/ food for new member evenings. I just feel he's pushing us to boost his club for him and its cheeseing me off at the moment. sorry about the rant!!! This week the club only lost 12lb in total and only a handfull of people stayed..it was quite dressing really.

Oh my. I am looking to do a class in mk please tell me which one to clearly avoid lol that would totally do my head in!
x

we get chatter, but our C always manages to pull it back to focus.....shes awesome (and not to be messed with :D)

i would do a 'do you mind' comment or get a little group 'shusshing' on the go...

x

I dont have a choise about taking my Daughter to class and she is really well behaved. I just call my Consultant by her first name and never mention diets, or weight around her. She sits with books, toys and a DS to keep her quiet. It would be different if she wasnt so easy going though! I would be horrified to be at a class with children that dont behave and sit down! Lol

I agree with all of this! Have wanted to bring it up for ages but thought it was just me! My group is MASSIVE (60+ members), of which 30-35 stay usually, so we never finisih on time as it takes years to get round everybody, plus people talk all the way through.... my consultant has said that if we get to 65+ members she can do 2 sessions so it doesnt take as long... for now I havent been staying for group because its supposed to be 7-8 and I've not been home before 9 yet!

Rant over, sorry! :)

Back