Is it just me?

Witchypoo

Or is anyone else obsessed with cookery books?
I've always liked reading them, and enjoy cooking from them, but it's turned into a full blown obsession since starting CD. I've got 2 on their way via ebay, and just ordered 3 more from Amazon!:eek:
Hopefully round about Christmas I'll be dusting off the kitchen & cooking up a (healthy) storm.:)

yeah!!! I just bought some very odd veggie cookbooks!! aaaaaargh!

Is this a form of torture? mmm...cooking....whilst not being able to eat any of it? Or are we doing some sort of odd planning and looking forward?

I'm on the hunt for some low GI/GL cookbooks but there doesn't seem to be many around in the shops. Only 5 wks into ss but want to start getting the hang of it, i've turned int o a feeder, but would like to do it healthily! xx

I think it's a bit of both for me. Like I said I enjoy the act of cooking, and I'm missing it. My DH works away all week, so the only equipment that gets used is the stick blender during the week & the microwave at weekends. And he's an omnivore while I'm a veggie, so he's happy eating M&S curries when he is home.
Once I'm at goal & finished the maintenance program, I'm planning on trying to go Vegan, so I'm stocking up on Vegan recipe books. I figure going months without cheese should make it easy. I was a real cheese monster.:eek: This last 6 weeks is the longest I've ever gone without eating the dreaded C word.

i agree, i adore recipe books....i also buy cooking magazines and cut the recipes out of there and stick them in a book i have...
but then i have always been like this....i'm a chef at heart...but just one that needs sleep so never followed it as a career path :(

xxx

Not so much buying the books and reading but watching the TV shows - Masterchef, Saturday Kitchen etc. Still enjoy the appearance of the food but I guess now that my blood sugar is more stable I don't get the cravings to eat it. Strange isn't it?

I don't read the books, but like watching programmes too. Love come dine with me. Sometimes it's tempting if I'm having a bad day, but I just don't watch on those days.

I actually have them on the nightstand, right before I go to sleep, I'll open one and have a quick read. I have a nice collection which gives you alittle bit of detail/history before the actual recipe. I can then go to sleep;

I'm addicted too, have bought five new recipe books in the last week! Witchypoo, if you're thinking of going vegan, you might want to look at "Veganomicon", "The Vegan Lunch Box" and "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World" (if you don't already have them!)

I'm a vegetarian but I think the recipes still look fab and Veganomicon gives advice on how to cook beans, lentils and stuff you might not have used before. It also gives really useful info on barbecuing veggies, i.e. which ones you need to parboil first and for how long, and how long they should be barbecued. Gold dust!

I'm on the hunt for some low GI/GL cookbooks but there doesn't seem to be many around in the shops. Only 5 wks into ss but want to start getting the hang of it, i've turned int o a feeder, but would like to do it healthily! xx

I've got a couple of GI/GL cookbooks and don't use them - I can send them to you as a random act of minimins kindness if you like? PM me if you want them. One's by Wozza and the other is I think Patrick Holford.

I've got a couple of GI/GL cookbooks and don't use them - I can send them to you as a random act of minimins kindness if you like? PM me if you want them. One's by Wozza and the other is I think Patrick Holford.

Thanks Liz, you're a star! have just pm'd you (i think..!) xx

I was completly obsessed the first few weeks ! I am still a little bit obsessed but mainly for my little girl.. annabel Karmel recipes coming every which way .. still really really enjoy cooking. Very strange obsession when you can't eat.. however I think by me not eating I just seem to want to feed everyone else!

nope chick, not the only one!! I am actually cooking more these days then I did and eager to try out new ideas too....it must be the diet

Back