is it normal to feel like this on the first day?

Its only day one and I feel unbelievably tired, unbelievably hungry and unbelievably queasy. Is this normal? will it get better and will the hunger go away>?

Yes its carb withdrawal, once in Ketosis you will feel much better, give it about 2 - 3 days and you energy levels will rise again when the body starts using that lovely sugary substance you have acquired over the years :)

the mental cravings go when you begin to work out why you want food in the first place, start creating other ways of dealing with whatever it is that is making you comfort eat, and generally just begin to take control over what you think and feel instead of just being 'along for the ride'.

For example, I know that boredom is my main trigger, so now when I start feeling bored, I know that eating is not the answer to the boredom having spent the last 17 weeks finding other ways to cope besides eating, and now instead I make a mental effort to find something proactive to do, wether it is work, one of my hobbies of even just taking a walk.

LL abstinance will lose the weight, but the mental changes can only come from you at the end of the day :)

I wish oh wish I could find the treasured answer to that, I have an excuse for everything lol.... but yes
def trying not to let myself get bored.... so much of it is habit isnt it, and its a case of breaking those old thought patterns isnt it, and hopefully as we start to feel better the motivation to do the other things comes back.... Well Ive got a guitar crying out for some attention and a book to finish, so I best get my rear
end into gear lol.... but seriously your right we do have to take control for our own actions.. Im on day two now.. ;)

Sohnni, well done for not getting tempted to eat the hubby lol .... its not just the carbs though, imagine the constipation!!

Back