Total Solution Is it ok to miss my soup tonight?

Leaholl25

Hi
Im on day 8 100% ts
Have had my shake and bar today, just dont feel hungry for soup. I have made it up, and will probably have a few mouthfuls, but will it effect my weight loss? This would be the first one I have missed, I just dont think I can face eating the whole bowl!
Thanks.x.

From the Exante FAQ.

Do I have to have all the meal replacements?

Yes. The fat burning process can suppress feelings of hunger, but the vitamins and minerals contained in the soups, shakes and bars are essential to your well being.

Its your body, your diet and your life. You are in charge, its not a good idea to skip a packet but you will not fall off if you do. Tomorrow - three magic packets to keep you well as the pounds roll away.

GSQ

You're not going to feel hungry in ketosis. You can't rely on hunger a a signal to eat. Like it or not you MUST have 3 packs a day. Look on them as medicine 3 doses a day whether you feel like it or not. If I only ate when I was hungry when I was in ketosis I'd be having one pack eve 4 days or something

I wish people would worry more about their health at times than their weight loss. Skipping an occasional pack probably won't affect your losses but it may make you feel ill

Not eating packs is more a mind set thing. Let's face it were on 600cals of liquid and people say the 'can't' manage all 3 packs?? Why not??? 3 drinks is not really filling us up to bursting. None of us got overweight by overdosing on soup let's face it. We could happily eat takeaways chocolate sandwiches pizza etc but suddenly we go on a VLCD and 'cant' drink 3 drinks????? If we weren't on this diet we'd have no problem eating 3 meals a day.....

Oh and can I just add before anyone takes offence ;) The last paragraph wasnt aimed at anyone in particular its a general observation and something thats been doing my head in for weeks.

Last edited:
Lol I agree! Of we were able to only eat when hungry we wouldn't be overweight. I could easily not eat/drink my exante but remind myself.there is no.benefit to it x

Yeah, thanks for the lovely words girls, really needed a lecture about it.
My weight gain was not down to stuffing pizza all the time, it was because of medication. I just didnt want to eat it last night as felt a bit sick, and I certainly do not put my weight loss before my health.
And if your post was not aimed at anyone in particular, then why not just start a new thread about it and then it could have been discussed that way.
If you feel that strongly about it, why not just ignore the post. I am not making a habit of missing packs a day as I am well aware of the health implications. You didn't even post until nearly 20 hours after I asked the question!
Thanks again for the support, really, next time dont bother!

Last edited:
Sarette said:
From the Exante FAQ.

Do I have to have all the meal replacements?

Yes. The fat burning process can suppress feelings of hunger, but the vitamins and minerals contained in the soups, shakes and bars are essential to your well being.

Thanks hun.x.

Getslimquick said:
Its your body, your diet and your life. You are in charge, its not a good idea to skip a packet but you will not fall off if you do. Tomorrow - three magic packets to keep you well as the pounds roll away.

GSQ

Thankyou.x.

Leaholl25 said:
Yeah, thanks for the lovely words girls, really needed a lecture about it.
My weight gain was not down to stuffing pizza all the time, it was because of medication. I just didnt want to eat it last night as felt a bit sick, and I certainly do not put my weight loss before my health.
And if your post was not aimed at anyone in particular, then why not just start a new thread about it and then it could have been discussed that way.
If you feel that strongly about it, why not just ignore the post. I am not making a habit of missing packs a day as I am well aware of the health implications. You didn't even post until nearly 20 hours after I asked the question!
Thanks again for the support, really, next time dont bother!

I said quite clearly it wasn't aimed at you it was a general observation. And I'm not going to ignore a post if I feel I have something I want to comment on. There's no time limit on when people can reply to posts. I didn't feel it warranted a new thread because it came to mind when I read this. That's how many of these threads progress. Like I said it wasn't aimed at you it just was a natural progression in my thoughts when I was replying so please DON'T take it personally :)

I'm actually very supportive to people on this and any other diet for that matter. Something you'll realise when you're here a bit longer

Last edited:
Starlight said:
I said quite clearly it wasn't aimed at you it was a general observation. And I'm not going to ignore a post if I feel I have something I want to comment on. There's no time limit on when people can reply to posts.

I'm actually very supportive to people on this and any other diet for that matter. Something you'll realise when you're here a bit longer

You sounded very supportive, and I may have not been on here very long, but have not come across a post like that before.
Next time you want to rant about something, create your own post. And it was aimed at people who felt the way I did last night, so was aimed at me.

No, im sorry, im being a moody cow! I think I have had alot of negativity from family about it not being healthy and all I need to do is diet and excercise blah blah blah. Its just that the meds im on slow your metabolism and make you crave food late at night and ive been told by 3 different drs that I wont lose weight, so saw your post and just saw red!
Im also a nice person, honest :)
I wont take things so personally in future.

Starlight said:
I hate how against Vlcds doctors are. Don't you worry you'll totally prove them wrong. Just be sure and make appts to see all 3 of them when you get to goal - and you WILL get to goal - and show them just how wrong they were x

Thankyou, feeling quite embaressed now :)

Back