Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Is it ok to take senacot?

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by yummymummynot, 19 May 2010 Social URL.

1. yummymummynot

yummymummynot Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all:confused:

I having a particular problem - constipation- so without thinking and really out of desperation I took 2 spoons of senacot tonight. About 10 minutes later it dawned on me that this may be prohibited on the diet!!!

I didnt even think - I just took it. Am really worried that I have messed up. I was just feeling so lousy I took it without any analysis of what I was doing.

does anyone know if I have broke my diet?:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ohtobeslinky

ohtobeslinky Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st5.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(7.34%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Orlistat
    As far as I'm aware it's ok - but I would suggest regular teaspoons of Fibreclear - gets fibre in to your body without having to take laxative to shift everything. Basically it keeps you regular. My pharmacist gave me a free sample and it really works!

Don't panic! Even if it isn't allowed it's not going to do any damage! x

4. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    It is fine to take senokot. The big downside of LT is the constipation. It is important to take a fibre supplement every day to help keep your bowels active. Fibreclear or something similar will do the trick.
    If you do get bunged up, then take a laxative like senokot or dulcolax. Always mention it to the pharmacist as well as they can advise what to take. Also keep up your water intake to about 3-4 litres a day.

5. mrsd2b

mrsd2b Big Loser

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(27.05%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi Yummy,

I took senokot because dulcolax was giving me a upset tummy and I was havig AWFUL trouble with constipation. I have to admit it did not work at all, I even took 2 over night and next day I had nothing. I have a rememdy for this though that really works for me....I take a spoon of fibre clear every second day and I have a really strong cup of coffee...that usually gets things moving. Try it! I hope it helps!

6. yummymummynot

yummymummynot Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks guys.

I was so upset that I might have messed up. I cried for about half an hour before I even got the courage to go on Mini and ask. cant believe how stupid I was to take something without thinking. I cant believe I did it. Anyway, thank god I havent done damage but it has opened my eyes to how easy it is to fail.

I drink 4 litres of water every day - I am def good at that bit. This is the first time constipation has really become an issue so I will take your advice and get the fibreclear in the morning.

I will try the strong cup of coffee with the spoon of fibre clear too!! Will try anything at this stage!!!

Thanks so much for replying quickly - I had got myself in a right state.

7. mrsd2b

mrsd2b Big Loser

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(27.05%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi Yummy,

Not to worry, I've had moments when I woke up all upset because I had dreamt that I had ate in my sleep and ruined my diet. Its easy to get into a dizzy about it but you are right, its so easy to make a mistake. By the way don't let your constipation situation get out of hand because its so sore if you do, trust me I speak from experience. Fibre clear, plenty of water and strong coffee are my life savers.
    Also if you can't/don't poo then your weight loss can be affected and it can really demotivate you. I hope you lose loads this week hun! x

8. Justice UK

Justice UK Full Member

I use senacot and find it helps alot.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.