is it ok??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by nettie, 5 March 2011 Social URL.

1. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone, hope you're all well!
    I was just wondering... and it may be a silly question... but on extra easy can I have a meal that is only superfree or does it have to have a meat or starchy food with it?
    for example, for my dinner the other day i had salad with cottage cheese and beetroot followed by fruit so that was all super free. is that ok to do??
    Thanks in advance x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Maverick

Maverick Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep that's absolutely fine, you can eat as much superfree food as you want, no need to balance out with carbs/meat :)

4. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's great thanks very much for the quick reply. im off to have omlet with mushrooms and tomatoes now lol :)

5. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    Hmmmm, sorry but whilst having superfree is great for snacks, for meals you really should be following the 1/3rd rule, where are your proteins and carbs? I don't want to shoot what you're doing down in the flames, but you're also now having a superfree breakfast...I may be wrong and it may just be you've done this a couple of times thoughout the week, but to follow the SW plan properly you need a third at each meal. Do you post a food diary on here? It may be worth starting one, so if you do get any queries, peeps can look over it for you xxx

6. RegField

RegField Silver Member

But that meal was not all superfree. Cottage Cheese is not superfree.

7. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    you dont have to have carbs and proteins with every meal. The reason a 1/3 superfree is advised to so that your carb and protein portions can be easily controlled without having to weigh or count calories.

You in no way have to have free foods (i.e. non superfree) with every meal.

Of course I wouldnt advise eating JUST superfree all day every day, as it may become boring and we all need a balanced diet.

and as Reg pointed out - Cottage Cheese and Eggs are not superfree anyway.

Last edited: 5 March 2011
  8. -Laura-

-Laura- Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(16.35%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was advised when my weight losses slowed that I may have been eating too much superfree - as it's high density/low calorie, I felt full, but my body may have been going into 'starvation mode' due to low calories... I'm still not sure how true that was, but it does make sense.

So to answer your question, it is ok, it's not off-plan, as long as you are not leaving yourself hungry. But if you don't get the losses you want, then it may be worth considering adding more carbs and protein into the plan, for more balance.

9. 10st10lbs

10st10lbs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Nettie :) I think it's OK, don't see anything wrong with that at all... Sometimes I do just fancy a big salad/soup for lunch and there really can't be anything naughty about it! xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.