Is it possible to do Atkins on a tight budget

jill36

I shop at Lidl's (cheapest shop in my area). Can someone advise me on what to buy please?

I will leave out cheese :)cry:) hope to have a quicker result. I would like to lose 1 stone by 28th May. (I currently weigh 10st - 6lbs 5ft - 5ins)

Thanks

yes and no ............. its cheaper than LLife .....but i do find i need to spend a little extra.............. i shopped in lidl and thought their veg was a lot cheaper and good quality ........ mince was £1.99 ....should have no problems ...make up your list and start eating ..don't know about a stone by 28th may but all loss is good xx

Lidl do lots of cheap low carb meats and sausages like bratwurst - check out the sticky on low carb shopping.

You will soon start to realise how much you were spending on junk food, takeaways and general carbs, before. If you are careful you shouldn't spend too much more when doing Atkins. The quality of your food intake will be so much better and healthier, too.

I buy packs of meats and split them. At the moment tesco (and most supermarkets I presume) are doing 3 packs for £10. The chicken drumsticks have 12 in so thats 4 meals .. mince I split into 2 and the pork steaks come in a pack of 4 so I split them too. Thats a weeks evening meals (meatwise) for £10. Then you just have to add the veg and salad.
I love the Bratwurst sausages from Aldi, 6 in a jar for 99p so thats 3 breakfasts worth.

You can spend as little or as much as you need to doing atkins

Good luck

xx

I buy packs of meats and split them. At the moment tesco (and most supermarkets I presume) are doing 3 packs for £10.

You can spend as little or as much as you need to doing atkins

Good luck

xx

Yes, even M&S are doing the 3 for £10 deal. I bough salmon fillets, 8 chicken legs and pork chops, all of which I separated into bags and froze.

I always keep an eye out for anything on offer and buy it to put in the freezer...

LIDL is good look for their offers, nearly every day something is going cheap, I bought 4 packs of belly pork the other day as it was 70% reduced. You do need a freezer of course

I agree Jim only started going to lidls this week for main shop and have noticed already a big saving. (Also less choice than Tesco and Asda)

OK, you guys have finally persuaded me. When we went camping in the south of France last year, the supermarket next to the campsite was a Lidl and it was brilliant! OK, it didn't have everything - we drove to a hypermarket 3 or 4 miles away for the "big shops", but for the everyday items the Lidl was fab and much cheaper than the hypermarket.

Since then I've been thinking to myself that I must give Lidl and Aldi a try, but we don't have one particuarly close to home, but I'm a sales rep so drive past them all the time during my working day.

Going to "do" Lidl or Aldi today!!!

Keep an eye out for the fabulous low carb pork sausages at Lidl, they are yum

Back