Is it possible to drink too much water

djrookie

I was just wondering whether there was a maximum amount of water that we should be drinking in a day. I actually sat down and worked out that I must have drunk about 6litres of water yesterday - is this too much? I don't think I normally drink this amount but it isn't a lot different.

Wow 6 L, that is 24 pints!!! How did you manange to get through that much. I was told you can not drink more than 10 pints.

I am not sure of the right answer hun but i must admit that is alot of water. Did you have a potty?

I can just about get through 4 L and i am full to the brim

oops sorry DJ i think i got my maths wrong, i think i better go back to school. Never mind i have not had my first shake yet haha. Maybe when i have had my breakfast things will seem clearer. xxx

6 litres is about 10 1/2 pints.

I think that should be your maximum if you are spreading it throughout the day. The main problem is if you drink it all at once:eek:

I normally drink 6 litres....easy peasy! Dont even spend all day in the bathroom anymore either!!

I would have 1 or 1.5 litres before I go to work in the morning and the rest throughout the day....sounds a lot but it makes me feel great and I miss it when I havent had it!

Wow 6 L, that is 24 pints!!! How did you manange to get through that much. I was told you can not drink more than 10 pints.

I am not sure of the right answer hun but i must admit that is alot of water. Did you have a potty?

I can just about get through 4 L and i am full to the brim
That made me double check my maths, for easy sake I was counting 1 pint as 1/2 litre and for a mo there thought Id been getting in really wrong.:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

For some strange reason i was counting 6L x 4pints and ended up with 24 pints ha ha ha, thick or what. I finally woke up and realised what i had done.

Think the lack of calories has killed a few brain cells ha ha

Sorry for the downers but I read somewhere that you can die from drinking too much water I will google it and post link in a mo.

Last edited:
you can get something like 'water intoxication' which affects your brain.

you beat me to it!!!! LOL

LOL. I cannot find anywhere how much (Max) you should drink? I must admit this freaked me out when I read it a couple of weeks ago so I only drink 3 litres.

You can drink too much, depends on your height and weight, I can drink 6-7 litres, just don't go too much higher and spread it out through the day.

I always kept below 6 ltrs, only because anymore I got leg cramps which can be common.

Upto 6 ltrs should be fine spaced out in the day x

Hiya,My CDC said to drink at least 2 1/4 lts but they don't recomend over 4lts I don't know why.I am currently drinking 6pints a day so just over 3lts ;-)

sonya

It's not recommended due to the salts and nutrients being diluted with all that water. I say if it gets you through the day go for it, but no more than about 6 ltrs a day.

Back