IS IT POSSIBLE??????

Shangri-la

Hi all, just got some bad news yesterday and now my income is down 400euro per month and along with a mortgage, four kids and bills coming out of our ears, I realise that there is no way I can pay for slim and save without feeling really selfish as my Hubby is paying for everything. I am also starting a Nursing degree in September so any bits of money I get needs to all be saved. I am so depressed as I have been on the diet for three weeks and flying it. I have lost 12 pounds so far and am really in 'the zone'.:mad:

My question is this.... Can I do 700cals per day on my own while staying in ketosis so that I can continue to lose 1 stone per month? without binging??. I absolutely know that it's not recommended as the diet is complete in RDA etc etc but it would only be until september. I am desperate to get this weight off and not resort to the carb demon again.

Please, please, could anyone give me a one day example of a ketogenic diet so that I would have a start and I could follow it properly. I don't want to be as strict as atkins but if I had say a tiny bowl porridge for brekkie, chicken breast and veg for lunch and mushroom and ham omelette for supper and say two squares of extra dark choc per day, would that be keeping within the diet???

Please, any help at all would be so appreciated. Thanks ladies. I am in Ireland so the diet per month costs me almost 170euro with the post and packaging so it was working out at more than 40euro per week.

I'd have said Atkins, but you've said you don't want to be that strict.

How about JUDDD? I don't know enough about it yet, but it's on minimins and I'm trying to find out about it as a maintenance option. On a "down day", you could follow your own plan to stick with only 500 cals and then on an "up day" have whatever you like (within reason of course). It probably requires massive discipline not to have too many "up days" and to stay within calorific limits, but hey ho...desperate times call for desperate measures :) Good luck hun x

I'd have said Atkins, but you've said you don't want to be that strict.

How about JUDDD? I don't know enough about it yet, but it's on minimins and I'm trying to find out about it as a maintenance option. On a "down day", you could follow your own plan to stick with only 500 cals and then on an "up day" have whatever you like (within reason of course). It probably requires massive discipline not to have too many "up days" and to stay within calorific limits, but hey ho...desperate times call for desperate measures :) Good luck hun x

Hi Maka, thanks, thats a great help. I will look into it here on the minimins forum.

Are you really sure that you can't afford it? At just over a pound a pack that's only about £3 a day for the 3 packs if you have protein. Maybe you could look at Ebay too and find someone who may be selling packs off quite cheaply as they've stopped the diet? As Starlight says you can't do a DIY VLCD safely and it's against MMs rules to discuss doing one.

The other thing with juddd is the up days are very high so overall you're just probably eating thecsame as if you were normal calorie counting. Even though you're having down days you're not going to lose anything like you will on a VLCD

Thanks Starlight and Bordersgirl for the advice. I think, I will have to take a look at the three per day packs + protein and if I can afford that, I would have at least some semblance of control as to what I put in my mouth.

I know that DIY vlcds are not advocated for on the forum and I understand why so no more of that. I will try to get the three packs per day. Thanks girls.

Aww hunny, poor you. What a horrid thing to happen and especially when you are feeling good and in the zone.

Unfortunately, a VLCD plan shouldnt be done without the proper tools (i.e. packs) as you wouldnt get the correct nutrition and may make yourself ill :(

Like the others said, could you just switch to calorie counting? Have you spoken to your doctor? Maybe they could suggest an alternative?

Or like someone also said, take a look on eBay for alternatives. People sell their stuff on there all the time. Good Luck!!!

Aww hunny, poor you. What a horrid thing to happen and especially when you are feeling good and in the zone.

Unfortunately, a VLCD plan shouldnt be done without the proper tools (i.e. packs) as you wouldnt get the correct nutrition and may make yourself ill :(

Like the others said, could you just switch to calorie counting? Have you spoken to your doctor? Maybe they could suggest an alternative?

Or like someone also said, take a look on eBay for alternatives. People sell their stuff on there all the time. Good Luck!!!

Thanks so much hun!!. You know when you go through that period in life where it seems as though 'one door closes and another door opens'?. It seems as though all the bloody doors have been slamming shut in my face for the last 18 months, lol.

At the end of the day, my children are all well and healthy and so is hubby, we still have the house and food and I fullfilled my dream of getting onto nursing course and hopefully one day midwifery. Things are really not that bad. Our health is our wealth and once we have that, who can complain????:rolleyes:

Speaking of which, health is another reason for me to get rid of my bulk. I had gestational(pregnancy)insulin dependent diabetes on four pregnancies and purely by luck, it dissapeared after each baby was born but I was warned that if I do not keep a healthy weight that the diabetes would return permanantly. Wouldnt you think that I of all people would not have binge eating disorder???. I need to get my act together with food permanantly.:confused:

If dissordered eating was a choice, none of us would have them! Don't be hard on yourself. Have you visited your doctor about the binge eating? (my doctors is rubbish, but yours will hopefully be better!!) They can give you advice and someone to talk to to help you understand why you feel the need to binge.

I would love to be a midwife!! :) I feel stuck in the office job I am in becuase of bills etc, we wouldnt be able to afford rent if I stopped to study something else, even if its only for the short term :( So I'm really happy for you that you are getting the chance to do what you dream!! :D Its Brilliant!!

If dissordered eating was a choice, none of us would have them! Don't be hard on yourself. Have you visited your doctor about the binge eating? (my doctors is rubbish, but yours will hopefully be better!!) They can give you advice and someone to talk to to help you understand why you feel the need to binge.

I would love to be a midwife!! :) I feel stuck in the office job I am in becuase of bills etc, we wouldnt be able to afford rent if I stopped to study something else, even if its only for the short term :( So I'm really happy for you that you are getting the chance to do what you dream!! :D Its Brilliant!!

Thanks so much hun. Believe me, the guilt about doing the course is a killer:( but Hubby said he can manage because for the sake of three years, I will have a good solid qualification at the end. Also,NHS tuition fees are paid and you get a living bursary also which is not much but the word 'manage' is my middle name. I really don't know how he will pay mortgage, phone, electric,bins, house insurance, car insurance, groceries and finally all the things that four school kids need :eek:. He is a night security guard and only for the premiums and extras etc we would have been f***** a long time ago. I tried so hard to get work but to no avail as the work in social care around where I live was all relief and nights where it would be impossible to get childcare at night and we live rural. I have a degree already so I thought that would have given me some stability but it's in social care so alas that was why I decided to do a medical based degree.

As far as the binge eating, I have been to the doctors many times and she said about a year ago that she would refer me to a counsellor on my medical card but I have heard absolutely nothing!!!. I guess they don't see it as an emergency when you are overeating. I think they think that anorexia or bullimia are the only eating disorders that require treatment!!! What can you do??:mad:

My doctors said exactly the same thing and I have heard nothing and that's going on over 3 years!! Lol.

Same for my depression, never heard at all. I got over it myself in the end!! Absolute rubbish they are!

I hope things go well for you and you find a nice big bag of cash under a rock somewhere ;)

Hi Binge eater,
Have u considered exante,it cost me 135 euro,including post and packaging for delivery to dublin...thats pretty cheap,for a months supply...cheers jen

jennifer121 said:
Hi Binge eater,
Have u considered exante,it cost me 135 euro,including post and packaging for delivery to dublin...thats pretty cheap,for a months supply...cheers jen

Is Slim & Save not cheaper than exante tho?! I don't understand the Euro stuff so might be wrong

Back