Is it true about water?

Sariefarie

Is it true that just having only water to drink (along with normal eating) so much weight can drop off that way without having to do any extra work or is the a myth?

I'm aware we should drink so much water anyway I usually get my supply through the numerous cups of tea. but with this heat at the moment I have been opting for the water. I am no where near the recommended amount but I am drinking more than I would normally.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

I think that if you go from drinking lots of calorie-filled drinks to just water then it's very possible to lose weight just from that because of the calorie cut, but it really depends on how many calories you're drinking, and how many calories you're eating in the first place, if for instance you're eating 3000 calories and cutting off maybe 200 calories of drinks since changing to water, then you're obviously not gonna lose.

Water is a tool rather than a miracle cure. It helps in a number of ways, the biggest way is that often the feeling of hunger is actually thirst, so having lots of water can help you feel less hungry and stop the snacking.

It certainly won't make you drop extra weight just for drinking it. Remember the body only needs 1.5l of water per day, the rest of our requirements comes from the food we eat - so you are probably getting sufficient water without realising it :)

OK thanks that's really helpful my moms a beautician and she says its good for the skin so I shall see if it makes a difference to that as I do struggle with spots

THANK YOU!

Water is amazing for weight loss, it helps to flush the good hormones thro your body, that help with your thoughts/mood, motablism and weight loss. I think it should be 1.5 - 2 ltrs per day but you have to spread it out. Plus drinking all that water leaves you with a kinda full feeling, great for hunger twangs.

littlemiss said:
Water is amazing for weight loss, it helps to flush the good hormones thro your body, that help with your thoughts/mood, motablism and weight loss. I think it should be 1.5 - 2 ltrs per day but you have to spread it out. Plus drinking all that water leaves you with a kinda full feeling, great for hunger twangs.

The average amount you need in addition to food is 1.2litres. :) xx

1.2 ltrs if you aren't getting water from your food. For example you dont eat alot of fruit and veg. I dont eat alot of fruit and veg at the moment (or any other drinks) so i go for 2ltrs x

oh gosh I really don't drink enough at all then! I have cut out the fizzy drinks though I was never mad on them or anything you know maybe once a week I'd have a cola, admittedly with the heat I have had more but I have stopped this now.

I have been drinking a lot more ice cold water as its the only way I can stand it, usually I add sugar free squash to it or just drink an unreal amount of tea. I know I need to drink more water and it is one of my goals it may not sound much but I have had at least 1 pint of water a day for the last 4-5 days which for me is a goal in itself.

Sariefarie said:
oh gosh I really don't drink enough at all then! I have cut out the fizzy drinks though I was never mad on them or anything you know maybe once a week I'd have a cola, admittedly with the heat I have had more but I have stopped this now.

I have been drinking a lot more ice cold water as its the only way I can stand it, usually I add sugar free squash to it or just drink an unreal amount of tea. I know I need to drink more water and it is one of my goals it may not sound much but I have had at least 1 pint of water a day for the last 4-5 days which for me is a goal in itself.

It doesn't have to be water you drink - I only drink coffee and fruit tea, as I don't really like cold drinks, and hate water. It's all hydration. :) xx

i love my water lol 3 years ago you wouldn't catch me drinking water but now i have 2 to 3 ltrs a day. I fill bottles up the night before and put them in the fridge ready for the next day and I then no I must drink them that day and cold water is so nice with lemon in.

Putting the water bottles in the fridge is a good idea Dizzie. It would be like a big reminder everytime I opened the fridge door.
Off to do it now. Am scouring the site today for motivation.

Back