Is she right? (food reference)

sherina

A friend of mine started on CD a month before I did and we were talking the other day about what keeps us motivated. she said that after she gets weighed in the morning, she and her OH go out for a pizza or chinese for dinner. she said that having that to look forward to helps her get through the week without cheating.
I told her that Im fine doing CD now, but Im not sure about what to do if I start to lose my motivation, and she suggested that I should do the same thing as her.:confused:

for some reason, Im not sure about it as I think it would be really hard to get back on track if I did that.

Is what she is doing dangerous? should I slap her upside the head:copon: and tell her to decide if she wants to eat out OR do CD as she cant do both? or is what she is doing O.K.?:confused:

I think at the end of the day, the decision is hers. If she is finding that that is what works for her, then fine. But I wouldn't recommend doing the same because its not easy for everyone to just get back on board and carry on with the diet as if nothing has happened. It would have really messed with my head if I did that x x

Its certainly not something your Cd would reccomend, it could knock you out of ketosis, then you could have a crap time getting back into the swing of things after your 'treat' and mess up your diet....

It might work for your friend, but everyone is different, so tread carefully...

Cat Bee x

I am new to CD, but i wouldnt of thought it is the right thing to do, but if its working for her and she is losing weight then i dont see why not, it would be nice to know that once a week you could have a treat with the family, and can see that it would push you to be so good in the week, but i wouldnt want to try it x

If it is what works for her - then yes she is right.

This journey is about finding out about yourself, and what works for you. You have to find a way to make it work, and she sounds like she has done that.

Doesn't mean we should all go out for pizza, doesn't mean we shouldn't. We are all individuals.

Find out what works for you.

I only see my CDC once a fortnight and i used to always have something to eat after my weigh in. To be honest it never really affected my losses, but then i do have a lot to lose. But....now i'm in "the zone" i sorta figured well if my losses are good even if i have a cheat, how amazing will they be if i dont cheat?! So i've been 100% SS for over a month now and my losses are even better.

I suppose it's just up to each individual how they cope. I was lucky to be able to have a cheat and get right back on the SS wagon but not everyone can do this.

Good luck with your journey whatever you decide x

Like the ladies have said it's what works for you.... I am a cheese addict so every now and then I have a couple of pieces of cheese with cucumber on but the one thing I have never done is cheated with carbs and that's what works for me, I wouldn't dare have pizza....

Hiya,

It is what works for you I guess. Problem is... you kick yourself out of ketosis and waste 4 days of CD money every time you do this. It will take you longer to get to goal, it will make you hungry almost all the time (7-4=3 days of not being hungry) so it will make the diet harder to follow I'd say.

I really wouldn't advise this. Not only is it a terrible waste of money and effort, it's the wrong way of rewarding yourself too. She rewards herself with food and that may just be what gets people here in the first place (just a guess but can imagine it's the reason for some). I think it's important to find other ways to reward yourself.

But, thats just me. We all have our things I guess, I just think it's a terrible waste.

x

everything that has been said about coming out of ketosis each week has definately put me off. I'll find some other way of treating myself (maybe a dress in a smaller size each month?)
she has been on the diet for 6 weeks and she has only lost 10 pounds. maybe i should show her this and she can see what she is doing in terms of ketosis.

Your friends losses demonstrate her 'diet' at the end of the day she is being good 6 days a week adn blowing it on the 7th.. this will allow her to lose weight, but slower than you could lose weight by doing CD properly.

I knew someone at school (another mum) who ate every night but did CD in the day.. she ate a diet meal every night.. I have no idea what her calorie intake was, but she lost weight well - just not as well as she could have.

It's up to us how we 'manage' our diet, whether that be through CD or not. :)

Good luck with your losses - I'm sure you'll be celebrating great losses very soon! :D

I really wouldn't advise this. Not only is it a terrible waste of money and effort, it's the wrong way of rewarding yourself too. She rewards herself with food and that may just be what gets people here in the first place (just a guess but can imagine it's the reason for some). I think it's important to find other ways to reward yourself.

But, thats just me. We all have our things I guess, I just think it's a terrible waste.

x

I agree

she suggested that I should do the same thing as her.:confused:

Sounds to me like she wants a partner in crime (not necessarily maliciously) to validate her own reasons for not sticking to CD properly.

No offence to anyone but (already close to goal weight/medical issues aside) 10lb in 6 weeks on CD is not great. Yes it may well be more than she could manage to lose on WW etc but to reccommend the same to someone else is a bit naughty IMHO.

THanx everyone for the advice.
No, I'm not going to do the same as her as I wont be able to get back ont the wagon and it would be a waste of my money.

P.S. what does IMHO mean?

In my honest opinion... I think...

:) thank-you. I'll just add that to my internet jargon dictionary.

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion.

Used in a sentence it would be :
IMHO, I dont think that I would be able to get through the tough times on this diet if it were not for all the help and support I have had from everyone on this forum!!:D

Thanx guys;)

I think one of the biggest issues here is the fact that she's not re-educating herself about food if she uses it as her 'prize' every week. I've always considered CD SS to be a break from food so that we can reasses why we need it and to break ourselves away from emotional eating. Although it may be working for her at the moment she will eventually have to stop CD and she will have learnt nothing about maintaining her weight/making good food choices.

i definately agree with that.
Im just wondering what it is doing to the body if someone keeps going in and out of ketosis every week?

Am bumping this because i really want to know if there is a problem with going in and out of ketosis? Hmmm....

Back