Is there a certain food you just won't allow yourself to have?

mrs big b said:
Loads
Bread
Milk
Tomato ketchup
Biscuits
Crisps
Chocolate
Pizza
Crisp
Mayo
Normal cheese ( I have babybel light )
Takeaways
alcohol
Margarine
But I'm only 3.5 weeks into this so might cave at some point lol

I have a take away treat of king prawns,spring onion and ginger (I syn it at 5 syns) fried rice 4 syns so that's only 9 syns once in a while.Or boiled rice free? If you don't have any treats you'll more likely grab fish n chips or dominoes. Xx

After saying that there was nothing I had given up I've remembered something. Chicken skin off a roast chicken. It's lovely but far too fatty!

Bunnylush said:
I have a take away treat of king prawns,spring onion and ginger (I syn it at 5 syns) fried rice 4 syns so that's only 9 syns once in a while.Or boiled rice free? If you don't have any treats you'll more likely grab fish n chips or dominoes. Xx

Not done so far . Willpower is very strong and the moment. I will have treats just when I feel they are necessary . Besides I'm enjoying experimenting with new fruits vegetables and reciepes . I'm enjoying creating different things and actually enjoying what I eat. My consultant told me to just think about the reasons you are doing this if you feel like a burger or something . That's enough to stop me and seeing how well the weight is coming off I think I'm doing well :)

Most things I think you can incorporate into plan really well. Some things I have chosen to really reduce because they just don't seem worth the syns now - such as alcohol. I only have bread once a week but that is because we make our own so it can't strictly be considered a HEB but once a week it magically transforms into a HEB on a Saturday morning so I can have a bacon sandwich or egg on toast. I used to snack on bread and cheese alot, far more my downfall than sweet things, but don't really feel the need anymore.

The things that I really miss but can't incorporate into the plan because the syns are just crazy are slow roast belly pork and duck breasts. Mmmmmm. Its not like I had these things that regularly before but now they are a once or twice a year off-plan treat.

After saying that there was nothing I had given up I've remembered something. Chicken skin off a roast chicken. It's lovely but far too fatty!

I miss skin!!:cry:

Most things I think you can incorporate into plan really well. Some things I have chosen to really reduce because they just don't seem worth the syns now - such as alcohol. I only have bread once a week but that is because we make our own so it can't strictly be considered a HEB but once a week it magically transforms into a HEB on a Saturday morning so I can have a bacon sandwich or egg on toast. I used to snack on bread and cheese alot, far more my downfall than sweet things, but don't really feel the need anymore.

The things that I really miss but can't incorporate into the plan because the syns are just crazy are slow roast belly pork and duck breasts. Mmmmmm. Its not like I had these things that regularly before but now they are a once or twice a year off-plan treat.

Why couldn't you have the duck breasts if you removed the fat? Duck is a free food on EE and Red days :)

Peanut butter - I know you can have it but I always feel gross and like I have put on weight within minutes of eating it. Love it though. One for me to avoid.

Flabulous said:
Peanut butter - I know you can have it but I always feel gross and like I have put on weight within minutes of eating it. Love it though. One for me to avoid.

I'm the same! When its in I can always hear it calling me from the fridge, so made the decision to bin the jar x

Flabulous said:

The problem with it is that even though you can have it, you can't have enough to spread it half an inch thick on your toast!

kingleds said:
The problem with it is that even though you can have it, you can't have enough to spread it half an inch thick on your toast!

Or the jam on top!

I only avoid white bread as if I even eat one slice I will eat the loaf - nothing wrong with your 2 pieces of wholemeal :)

Back