Is there any way of speeding up my loss?

HelenaHandbasket

I'm beginning to be a bit disheartened by my weekly losses. I know that overall, I've lost almost 4.5 pounds a week, but that's slowed to only 3lbs a week in the past month. I've stuck to the plan religiously from the start and drink 3.5 to 4 litres of water every day. I didn't even have a day - or a meal - off for my birthday, for goodness' sake ;)! I still have a lot of weight to lose and had hoped to shed it a bit quicker than this. I've dieted very successfully in the past by following my own (roughly 1200 calorie/day + a low cal pudding and 1/2 a bottle of wine one night a week!) regime and managed to lose 2.5-3lbs a week. I'm seriously wondering whether I should do that instead of CD. Any thoughts? I could join a gym and do some exercise, I suppose, but to be honest I struggle to find the energy to finish hour long walks at the moment. CD is zapping my strength!

Thanks,
HH

I've just converted to CD from LighterLife. I found if I upped my water intake then the weight came off much faster, might be worth a try.

I'm beginning to be a bit disheartened by my weekly losses. I know that overall, I've lost almost 4.5 pounds a week, but that's slowed to only 3lbs a week in the past month. I've stuck to the plan religiously from the start and drink 3.5 to 4 litres of water every day. I didn't even have a day - or a meal - off for my birthday, for goodness' sake ;)! I still have a lot of weight to lose and had hoped to shed it a bit quicker than this. I've dieted very successfully in the past by following my own (roughly 1200 calorie/day + a low cal pudding and 1/2 a bottle of wine one night a week!) regime and managed to lose 2.5-3lbs a week. I'm seriously wondering whether I should do that instead of CD. Any thoughts? I could join a gym and do some exercise, I suppose, but to be honest I struggle to find the energy to finish hour long walks at the moment. CD is zapping my strength!

Thanks,
HH

Well you're doing tonnes better than me BUT dont forget its not just about what the scales say Helen - take your measurements too xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The average is a stone a month and your hitting that. Don't be disheartened you're doing fantastic. I only lost 1.5lb this week.

Wow - if I could lose 3lbs a week on 1200 calories and some weekly wine then I know which plan I'd go for! I wonder (if it's not too nosy) what made CD appeal to you in the first place if you have such good losses on a conventional diet? I think it's pretty unusual to lose more than 4lbs in an average week, and as you say, if you could up your exercise on 1200 cals it sounds like a winner to me.

I've just converted to CD from LighterLife. I found if I upped my water intake then the weight came off much faster, might be worth a try.

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I didn't get the replies emailed to me and forgot that I'd posted!

I'm absolutely delighted to have lost 5lbs this week :D.

Thanks,
HH

Well you're doing tonnes better than me BUT dont forget its not just about what the scales say Helen - take your measurements too xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Very belated thanks. (I'd forgotten that I'd posted!) I do keep forgetting to take my measurements, so it's a very useful reminder.

Lost 5 lbs this week, though, so I'm over the moon :D.

HH

Wow - if I could lose 3lbs a week on 1200 calories and some weekly wine then I know which plan I'd go for! I wonder (if it's not too nosy) what made CD appeal to you in the first place if you have such good losses on a conventional diet? I think it's pretty unusual to lose more than 4lbs in an average week, and as you say, if you could up your exercise on 1200 cals it sounds like a winner to me.

Apologies that it's taken me so long to respond. I didn't get the replies emailed to me and forgot that I'd posted!

In answer to your question, I'd heard stories of really rapid weight loss on CD and hoped that I might lose a bit more than 3lbs a week. And I wanted to break my relationship with food altogether.

Delighted to have lost 5lbs on CD this week, though :D.

Thanks,
HH

You dont really need to speed things up your doing fantastic. just keep doing what your doing.

Back