Is there anyone who needs to lose over 10 stone????

Tanny - as others have said - take it in small chunks and give yourself aims - as well asthe September 2011 holiday - find some things nearer to that - but use that as a long term aim.

By breaking it down and setting realistic challenges, then you can/will keep the motivation going.

I've been at Slimming World now approaching 18months. My initial target - to get below 20st in weight by August 1st 2009 is long gone, I then wanted to have lost 10st by Halloween, and 12st8.5 by end of March 2010. By breaking it down like that - i've made all those targets - and more often then not - beaten them.

I've now lost (at least up to weigh-in last week) 13st8.5 with another 7lb to go to where i think i'm calling target. That said - that still gives me 1.5st to play with to get into a healthy BMI figure - but simply put - the BMI figures don't bother me - i'm at a weight that I haven't been in 22yrs - i'm wearing trouser sizes i haven't worn in as long. and i'm very nearly half the man I used to be.

Good luck with the journey.

hi tinity bleu,soccer mom and ianh,

congrats trinity on your stone weight loss thats fantasic:)

soccer mom 4 and a half stone in 25 weeks that is amazing u should be proud of yourself:)

and ian all i can say is WOW:D
you have done so well thats fantasic 13stone 8.5 weight loss!!
how long has that taken u ian?

What a fab thread, very inspiring.

I lost just over 9 stone, going from a size 24 to a 10. I can't tell you the difference its made to my life, and my family. For example, yesterday instead of lying around dying in that heat like I would previously have done, I went out with my daughter, she rode her bike and I jogged. I definitely would say its worth every single minute of hard effort to lose the weight!! Though the old cliche about changing your lifestyle rather than dieting is so true. Maintaining is hard work too, but so so so so worth it.

I wish you all the best with your journey, I can't wait to see how you do at next wi, you are off to a fantastic start.

Nicola xxx

Hi purple star,:D

Thanx i think this thread will help us people who need to shift alot of weight

i have my 2nd week weigh in 2moro evening i will posta thread on here for who ever might be interested in my weigh loss journey!!

Congrats on the 9 stone weight loss:eek:
fantastic well done you!!

0_half_stone.jpg

11lbs lighter!!!!!!!!

Hiya Tanny, your definatly not alone :) since I started off In Jan and now I am 3lbs off losing 4 stones with 10 stones to go still! sounds daunting but with little goals to focus on along the way makes it a little easier! Good luck and keep us updated x

Hiya Gonnagetslim,

wow:D 4 stone thats great,well done you!!

im so glad im not the only one who has to lose around 10 stone or more
it has made me feel so much better and more confident now after reading all your posts

Good luck 2 u all
and good luck 2 me as i am weighing on my second week 2moro evening:eek:

0_half_stone.jpg

11lbs lighter!!!!!!

I didn't have quite 10 stone to lose, but I had 8 stone 10 to lose. So far I've lost 10.5lbs, so my target is still a very long way away, but I've stopped thinking of it as nearly 9 stone. Instead I'm taking it a stone at a time (don't want to be completely disheartened!! :)) and whenever I get to each stone I;m going to treat myself to a new Troll bead (got lots of imitation ones, but only 2 proper ones that I was bought)! By doing that it gives me something to look forward to, and stops me getting depressed about the amount of weight I have to lose in total :)

Good luck to everybody! We'll get there in the end :D

Sian xxx

Yes, I need to lose over 10 stones.

My starting weight in January 2009 was 22sts 8lbs - and I want to get down to 10sts 8lbs - so that's 12sts 8lbs to lose.....

I have lost 4½sts so far, and I am still steadily losing (I am not a big weekly loser) - but I am in no hurry as long as I get there in the end.

Keep it up girls!!! Its so great to hear so many positive stories!! lets just keep going....slow and steady catchy monkey (as my nan used to say!lol)

and ian all i can say is WOW:D
you have done so well thats fantasic 13stone 8.5 weight loss!!
how long has that taken u ian?
Tanny,

It'll be 18 months come the start of June.

but the end if nigh - i'm now only 5lb (after tonights 2lb loss) from target. then the next part of this journey starts.

In total i am hoping to lose just under 14 stone, i started off at just under 25 and i would love to be about 11 and a half -12
I have lost jsut over 2 stone so far, so just another 12 to go lol! Sounds so easy when you say it like that! I am not giving myself a target and i am just going to let it happen but i wouldn;t mind if i was looking great for my 25th birthday in a few years time :)

Hiya,
well done ian fantastic news not long to go now!!:D

theres loads of you with a bigger amount to lose like me im surprised as i feel like i am the omly one sometimes!!:(

well its now the evening before my weigh in 2moro,.....why am i so nervous?

does anyone else get like that ????

Hi, not quite 10st but when I started I had 9 stones to lose. I've now lost 3st 1.5lbs. Like others I set myself small targets, my next one is I'd like to lose another 15.5lbs by 11th July as that will put me back at my pre-pregnancy weight on my son's 1st birthday (and it's also the lightest I have been for years.)

The other thing I do is plan my gains if I know I'm going off plan - so for instance I'm going on my best friend's hen weekend in a couple of weeks and have planned to gain up to 7lbs (I have no intention of even trying to stay on plan). That way I can enjoy the weekend without feeling guilty and when the scales show a gain the week after I don't feel bad as I have planned for it. (Sometimes you can even feel good, because the gain is not as much as you planned for). I know that by sticking to plan 100% when I get back that I can shift that weight again in a few weeks.

Good luck for tonight's weigh in, you had an amazing loss last week and hope you have another this week.

thanx you so much ferb:D

congrats on your sucess so far!!;)

i hopeing for at least a 3lb weight loss 2nite so i can get my stone:smoke:

but i feel so nervous i have been good but went over syns on saturday with booze lol

so now i feel a little worried:confused:

11lbs lighter(first week)

Goodluck for your weigh in:D

I started off with 10stone 1 to lose to get to a bmi of 25. I was doing WW but after a year was bored and messing around losing the same 7lb over and over :eek:

Just started back on SW (I did it years ago and lost well). I now have 6stone to go. I'm desperately trying to get my head sorted because I have a bad habit of going completely off the rails if I don't lose each week:(

Have you thought of starting a challenge, I need to join one to keep motivated I think.

Good idear milly75!!!!

i will start a new thread for anyone who would like to join!!!

keep a look out all us 10 stone+ people!!!

Hi xxtannyxx,

I have just started my journey, and according to BMI/Height/Weight charts, I "should be" somewhere between 9st and 11st for my height (I'm 5' 5.5), making it (as of this morning) just over 21st to shift. :eek:

However, I'm not going to say for sure that's the weight range I want to be in, I'll just see how I feel as I get closer to it. My pre-pregnancy weight of 14st would make me over the moon! Short term, I've decided to tackle it in 7lb increments, and long term, my next major challenge is to get to my club 10 target (about 3st off) which would please me no end, more so if I could get there by year's end.

I don't currently attend class, I used to and I may go back at some point, (probably for those delicious lemon hi-fi bars alone...:D) but I'm doing it solo-ish (I have Minimins!!) for now, utilising the awesome advice, motivation and recipes I've observed, so you're not alone in this! For the first time in a long while, I feel like I can really do this, like it's not some unachievable thing...I'm actually looking forward to the journey, not just the end result.

I have just under 10st to lose and i am getting married next June. I am going to join slimming world this week hopefully! I have done weight watchers before but i am sick of counting 'points' and i want a better relationship with food. Good luck with all your weight loss journey's :)

Back