Is there anyone who needs to lose over 10 stone????

yeah ive just been having another look!!

im confused with the sizes though!!

wouldnt no what one to get!:confused:

Yeah it's a bit tough with sizing. Looking at the site I should be in a 1x I think. Well my chest is a little bigger but hips are below 70inches now. I don't want to go too big though and get the 2x because otherwise I'll need a smaller one before the end of the year. Hmm, I'll go get the one I have from the car and find out what size it is. Funny though because if you look at their other clothes the sizing is very different from the swimming costumes.

if you dont mind laura what size to you wear? then i can maybe tell what one i ned.
im a size 26 top and 32 bottom!!

I'm about a 30 top and bottom, have just got into Evans clothes lol. I don't have big boobs though it's all round my waist and hips. Just a sec I'll go get the costume from the car and check.

Ok I have a 4x/5x at the moment (I think since I bought it they've started doing individaul sizes rather than mixing them)but it's much too big the knickers fall down when I jump about. :eek: If I were you I'd grab a tape measure and check your inches. From my measurements I think I'll try the 1x but then if it's a bit small I can wear this one til it fits.

Cheers laura hun,

ill hunt for the tape measure!

it might be a bit better being smaller at least then it wont move about when you do ya swimming!

i still find evans size 32(skirts) a little snug:(

im like you got alot of weight round my belly and hips
im same up top too they look big in a bra but not out if you no what i mean lol

its so hard getting nice clothes when your our sizes dont u think?
i tend to wear the same stuff all the time
thats why i cant wait too lose a bit more and get into the nexxt size down as i have loads of clothes in my wardrobe size 30 and 28 and 26!!

Yes I know what you mean, my wardrobe consists of a couple of dresses, 3 tshirts and 2 pairs trousers lol. I do alot of washing! I'm not sure about bottoms tbh I only have some tracksuit bottoms for the gym from Evans in a 30, I could just squeeze into a pair of 30 work trousers but not sit down in them so I'm not really a 30 unless they're stretchy.:rolleyes:

oooo i used to love swimming was a proper water baby unfortunatly i dont go cause of size its a shame really as i miss out doing stuff with the kids that they enjoy

I have 10 1/2 stone to lose and i'm 4 1/2 in so far.

I to am a little nervous about the whole swimming thing although I love the water.

We are going to Turkey in 5 weeks and havent got a cossie as i'm far to embarrassed because of my fat cellulite legs :eek:

I am hoping by the time I go I will get away with a pair of shorts on my bottom half.

Such a shame what I have missed out on, my kids are nearly grown and I have missed so much :(

Oh i know i have missed doing all the stuff i love coz of my weight!:(

next year (hopefully) im gonna mak sure ill be doing so so so much more!!!:D

Soon laura we will look back on our last conversation and we will be i size 28's and say oh do u remember when we could just het into evans clothes !!:D

Hi all, I am going to my first class tonight but Im worried I dont have the right things in the house to eat going forward tomorrow. What kinds of things do you eat on a regular basis, staples etc - I have plenty of meat and veggies in the house as well as pasta but I love sauces and gravy which I am guessing are not allowed - any pointers would be gratefully received?

Not entirely sure how much I have to lose until I get weighed tonight but its well more than 10 stones x scary!

Carole

Good luck for 2nite hun!!

Here is typical red and green day for me..

Red
BREAKFAST

3 Eggs on toast(toast taken as heX)
eggs cooked with frylight

LUNCH

Tuna Salad

DINNER

Chicken with veggies

SNACKS

mullerlights fruit etc

Green

BREAKFAST

2 toast(heX)
tin of beans

LUNCH

bacholellors pasta n sauce
with veg

DINNER

syn free chips quorn sauages peas and egg

SNACKS

mug shot
mullerlights
fruit

The next sale must be coming up soon and I got some really good bargains online in the plus range at Christmas,they go upto a size 28, so can we all remember to post on here as soon as we know when it starts x

Such a shame what I have missed out on, my kids are nearly grown and I have missed so much :(

I feel this way too. I adore my kids but they've never had the best of me and it is my biggest regret :sigh:. I have put 10 stone on my ticker but i really need to lose about 11 stones :rolleyes:

Awww ladies, don't be so down.:grouphugg:
Our children may not have had the most active mums but they've had love/comfort/safety etc haven't they! We're doing everything we can now to make up for it and yes we and they have missed out but we're changing that.:) Mine nearly fainted the other week when I went out for the day with them so I know how the guilt feels but try not to dwell on it. I've made a deal with my sons to do something once a week with them that we haven't done before. Anyone else want to join in? It doesn't need to be big just something to remind us we're changing the past.:)

i recently made a similar deal... that we would do some proper family activity on a designated day per week (sat or sun) and so far we have managed it. i bought us a membership to a local(ish) adventure park and I am buying a family membership to sealife/newquay zoo/paignton zoo to help towards those times too. Ive promised to take them swimming at least 1 day a week after school as well. gawd help me!

That's brilliant Karen, they'll soon forget about the past, that's my thought anyway. Hope it works! I've done a similiar thing with mine and swimming. My husband can't swim so it's up to me to teach them. I can't do that sat dressed on the edge of the pool however much I'd prefer it! Good for them and good for me.

Good luck with all your new activities.:)

Hey people

I find excercise really difficult because of my size. I've got serious back and joint pain mostly caused by my weight but also from carrying two sets of twins around in the space of 9 months - my sacriolic joints are shot and I have to take quite a cocktail of different drugs every day just to try to be mobile at all. I do manage to keep house and I do that quite well, I find that I'm ok as long as I dont stop cause once I sit down the pain starts and getting back up is really bad. I can't really walk that far before I end up in total agony although I hope to slowly manage to build that up as the weight comes off.

I spent ages like someone else here looking for home excercise equiptment and came across the same problem that I'm too heavy for the stuff that is available. I have found something now though and I've only heard good things about it. I've hired a vibration plate. It basically does what it says, you stand on it and it vibrates you - low settings are for fat burning and high settings for toning. It does hurt I have to say on the really high settings but its like a stinging sensation. You can stand on it, sit on it, what ever you feel comfortable with and you can even do excercises while you are on it. When I say it vibrates I mean it really does vibrate - I've got mine in my bedroom and the whole floor vibrates with it - I don't use the highest setting cause when I put it on, it feels like its about to take off! Things work their way off the top of the units around it as I've got it on lol, bit scary some times. It did n't come cheap I have to say, its £70 for the first month (£20 delivery charge) and £50 a month after that but you are not tied to any contract, you keep it as long as you need it for. I've not had it long enough to be able to say what the results are but I've read so many good reports online about it.

I've decided to give myself just over 3 years to lose the weight I need to lose cause I will be hitting 40 then and do not want to be like this when I get there - that gives me a target of 1.5 pounds a week which is perfectly achievable. :)

Morning all!!

welcome groovygroovy!!:D

fantastic weight loss so far you should be very proud of yourself!!:)

i lost 4lbs this week,so its coming off thank god!!

i think i really need to be doing more excerise but it is so hard when your my size:(

any one have any ideas for me?
one thing to bear in mind i do have bad knees!!

Thanks for your lovely message xxTannyxx :D

Congratulations on the 4lbs weigh loss!!! wow! I lost 3lbs this week and I was really happy about that because I had a BBQ party on Saturday and I drank alcohol. SW is good for this. It shows I can have a good time, eat the food I like and still lose weight. It's for life.

If you have bad knees I wouldn't recommend spinning. How about Aerobics or Steps? If we do cardiovascular fitness and work our heart and lungs we will improve our metabolism and burn calories faster.

The trick is not to think about going to the gym, just go! Otherwise we will always find excuses and we will never go. :sigh:

Alia that sounds interesting... I'll be interested to see how you get on with the plate. Ive heard of it but not in any great detail. you'll have to inform the rest of us once you gauge how its helping you. xxx

Back