Is there anyone who needs to lose over 10 stone????

Hi there every one

This group applies to me big time - hate to have to admit it cause it kind of freaks me out when I think of the mamoth task ahead of me but I've got around 16 or 17 stone that I need to lose. :wave_cry:

I'm looking at my new efforts of weightloss in a different light this time, lets face it, I've not succeeded so far so something has to change. This is now no longer a 'diet' for me but a life style change and something that I have to be able to stick to for a very very long time so I'm allowing myself treats etc that I've never allowed myself to have on previous journeys and so far its working and its been nearly 3 months since I started and I'm still on track - think the longest I've managed to stick to any thing is around 4 months and then gone off cause I've been so strict with myself.

I need all the help and support I can get with the mountain I need to climb and in return I hope I can be off support to any one that needs it

Alia xxx

You found me :D

I think it will be good if we can support each other hun!!
and everyone in this group is in the same position as us with a lot to lose!

When do you weigh in hun?

do u go to group?

You found me :D

I think it will be good if we can support each other hun!!
and everyone in this group is in the same position as us with a lot to lose!

When do you weigh in hun?

do u go to group?

Hey sweetie

Yes I go to group and its a Thursday evening weigh in.

Looking forward to getting to know you all here xxxx

Welcome Alia :) You and I started at a very similar weight and are the same now too. I never knew I had a twin.:D I see you have gastic bypass/SW in your info out of interest have you already had your GB?

Edit: I just found your hello thread, two ops sounds tough. Well done for being so upbeat. I've had a little read on your blog and it made me giggle, love that you are so honest about everything. I've had very similar thoughts about baths. :giggle:

Last edited:
Hello there,

I also need to lose 10 stones and I'm just glad I'm not on my own. I joined SW and the gym at the same time. In 7 weeks I lost 2 stones 0.5 lbs. I need to lose 8 stones and I'll be over the moon. I am hoping to lose 1 stone a month.

I wish you good luck with your progress! xx

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs
Week 5-7: 11lbs

club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

Welcome Alia :) You and I started at a very similar weight and are the same now too. I never knew I had a twin.:D I see you have gastic bypass/SW in your info out of interest have you already had your GB?

Edit: I just found your hello thread, two ops sounds tough. Well done for being so upbeat. I've had a little read on your blog and it made me giggle, love that you are so honest about everything. I've had very similar thoughts about baths. :giggle:

hey Laura, its always nice to have the support of people who are in a similar situation - no offence intended to our 'lighter' losers but it can get us down a bit when people are struggling to lose 2 or 3 stones when we know we have to lose 15 stones or more.

Glad you enjoyed reading some of the blog, I do it daily so keep reading, and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Morning all!!

welcome groovygroovy!!:D

fantastic weight loss so far you should be very proud of yourself!!:)

i lost 4lbs this week,so its coming off thank god!!

i think i really need to be doing more excerise but it is so hard when your my size:(

any one have any ideas for me?
one thing to bear in mind i do have bad knees!!

Swimming/ aqua-aerobics are great and mean less weight on joints

Id love to kas but im a little paranoid about putting a swimming costume on!!:eek:

If i had someone to go with then i would!!:(

i have a cross trainer in my garage but i need to lose a bit of weight before i can go on it..as it only takes a certain weight..

Yep I agree. When I started all I could do was swimming and aqua. Now I can just about manage 20 mins walking rather slowly on the treadmill but it kills me! I have really bad hips/knees/ankles and walking hurts but I've pushed and pushed myself to get to 20 mins. Oneday I'll even manage a mile lol..... Weights are great too to build up a bit of muscle which will help burn fat.

I know how difficult it is at our size but if you start off slow and do what you can I think you'll be surprised how much easier it gets just within a few weeks.:)

Ooops crossed posts with you. I know it's really embarrassing being in a swimming costume but once you're in the pool no one can see. The first time is the worst but it does get easier. I think sometimes we just need to get on with it despite the looks we might get, either that or buy some blinkers.
:8855:

I have a swimming costume I got sent from america which is like a dress, nearly reaches my knees which means I don't feel quite so stupid walking around with my stomach flopping. I'll find you a link if you think it might help.:)

did u used to go on your own laura?

i get so embaressed:eek:

i need to set myself a minny target dto do at least 15-20 mins walking a day....
i have a dog so ill grab her and take her with me:)
shame she cant cant swimming with me lol

Tanny / Laura, you are sooooo brave! I don't think I could go swimming...even though I used to love it. However, I am seriously considering joining a gym...which is huge deal for me. I gave up on buying home gym equipment....the max capacity on those things never go past 150kg, and if you want one that does....the cheapest I found was £5,000 :eek: :bolt:. Walking is great, but I want to vary my workouts so I don't get bored. Plus, I have bad leg pain at the minute.

I love my gym membership, feel like a different person now I'm using it properly. I just used to for swimming before. I have weeks where I don't use it as much as I should but for me it's well worth the money. Yes it's more than I can probably afford but sometimes you can't afford not to if you know what I mean. I know what you mean about the machines Christiana, when I went for my induction I asked the chap if there were things I was too heavy for and he said no. I made him check just to be sure, I didn't want the embarrassment of breaking something in front of everyone.:eek: He had to phone head office who didn't know then the manufacturers lol, turns out I can't quite use everything yet but it won't be long. I was so pleased I checked!

Tanny here's the link, it's not exactly cheap with postage but well worth it imo. It means I can tuck the skirt into the knickers once I'm in the pool and not worry about how I get in and out.:D

Plus Size & Supersize Two Piece Swim Dress & 1 Piece Swimsuits! 0x to 8x

My only gripe is there isn't tons of support for your boobs but if you use their measurement guide properly it should be ok. I think mine's just getting too big now but it's lasted me 2+ years and still holding together well despite the jumping and general flinging around I do at aqua.:)

Hey Christiana!!

I think i might lose a bit more first then think about going swimming1

id be proper pooing myself if i had too,but as laura said once your in the water no one can see!!

i get enough weird looks as it is about my weight when i walk down the rd fully clothed!!:(
could u imagine in a swimming costume!!:eek:

i know i shouldnt think like this but it is so hard not too!!

my cross trainer goes up to 24 stone max and i paid 200 punds for it!!
another 4 stone 11lbs:eek: to go then i can get on it lol
i used to go on it everyday when i lost my weight before and loved it!!

Christiana i couldnt join the gym and the moment:eek:
id be so embarssed of myself :(
i need to stop thinking what other people are thinking if you no wot i mean??

we crossed again hun lol

wow how cool are they!!:D

hmmm i thinki might get one and be brave and go swimming !!:eek:

i think i might go either really early (so no one is there)
or to one of the aqua thingys!!

Go for it! From my own experience it really isn't as bad as we imagine it will be.

Yeah I love the costumes, was just looking at them again because I should buy another. I see they say to wear a bra with them which is obviously where I was going wrong lol. Oh well I haven't fallen out of it yet. :giggle: Looking at the measurements I'm also wearing one about 4 sizes too big!

Really early is a good idea, no children will be around and we know how nasty teenagers can be. People who swim early are generally doing it before work and are too busy to pay attention to anyone else.

i think i will chose the early one then!

what colour did u get laura?

i think id def have to wear a bra lol might be a bit painfull otherwise lol

The one I've got at the moment isn't on sale, it's turquoise and white. I used to have a black one but some bugger nicked my gym bag out of my car one night. :cry: I was sooooo mad bad enough I lost towels and stuff but my expensive costume too! Had to wait for another to arrive to go again grrrrrr. I got the turquoise one because I felt I wasn't sticking out enough.:8855:

I think I might get the black and white one which is slightly cheaper but looks nice.

Back