Is there anyone who needs to lose over 10 stone????

Have you got a minigoal? My minigoal is to lose 1 stone every month.

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs Week 4-8: 14lbs Week 9-10: 9lbs

i have a few mini goals!!

. a min of 3lb a week

. to get to 25 stone(cant rememeber last time i was anywhere near that weight)

. to be between 22-23 stone by christmas!!

I think you can definitely do it chic!!! You go girl!! xx

Hey,
Can i gatecrash?? I have 11/12 stone to loss, but to be honest if i could get into a size 14 i'd be more then happy. Your all doing amazingly well and it has really given me hope that i might be able to do it this time. I'm starting back again on Tuesday, going back to my lovely leader.

Hey nicki welcome hun!!!!:D

i wish you every sucess with s.w hun!!!

and were all in the same boat and here to help!!!

i also get weighed in on a tuesday too!!

i have a challenge going it has started already but u can still join hun.

10lb challenge by me xxtannyxx

Good luck hun!!

Thanks girls you are all doing so well too. I am really glad to have found this group when you have a lot to lose its good to share that journey with others who are the same. The support here in invaluable. Hey I was really worried this week up to Sunday the scales hadnt moved one bit then all of a sudden it all came off. I was well chuffed with 8.5 and Ive already put to bed my first goal -- one stone at a time doesnt seem as daunting as the 15 I have still left to lose. Thanks again lets stick together till the end :0)

Help .. can somebody tell me how to add further stone and half stone markers to my signature cant seem to work it out. Ta!

Welcome Nicki

Carole well done!!! wow!!! 8.5 lbs off is amazing in 1 week! :D I'm so happy for you.

To get your stickers you have to logon the SW website and view your awards there. Then follow these instructions:

1. Right click on the star you want to copy
2. Go to Properties
3. Where it says Address URL select the who URL address with the mouse, right click, copy the whole address. Including http:// ~(then leave this window, you can close it as you don't need it anymore)
4. Go to MiniMins's Edit Signature
5. In the message box click on the 'insert image' icon (it's a yellow box with grey mountains and a sun)
6. A window pops open prompting you to type the address of where you got your image from.
7. Right click and paste.
8. Click ok.

When you preview your Signature the picture of the star should come up.

If you can't logon to SW use this

1 STONE STICKER - http://www.slimmingworld.com/lifelineonline/images/awards_images/1_stone.jpg

1.5 STONE STICKER - http://www.slimmingworld.com/lifelineonline/images/awards_images/1_half_stone.jpg

Good luck! :p

I have around 10 stone to lose, I know it's going to take me a while, but I want to lose it at a slow and steady pace so I know I can maintain when I finally reach goal.

Good luck though :)

Hi missemma welcome hun!!!

have you done s.w before or is this your 1st time at s.w?

how are you doing so far?

hope everyone is well!!

i weighed myself this morning and she shows me as 2lb heavier:confused:

i aint done nowt to put weight on so im hoping its water and will drop off b4 tuesday!!!

plus im am due on (well im over a week late) so it might be that!!

Darned Scales ..

i aint done nowt to put weight on so im hoping its water and will drop off b4 tuesday!!!

Tanny please dont worry my scales were all over the place last week, I was up and down the same then up - the scales didnt start moving in the right direction until Sunday and in the end by Wednesday I had lost 8.5 - we just have to trust that if we have followed the plan it will come right in the end. Then sometimes when you have a stick or a low loss one week even though we have worked really hard it will show up on the scales the week after. The important thing is that we dont give up - we will get there. :)

Aww thank you hun!!!

i no thats true i shouldnt of really went on them:confused: but im gonna have some speed food and do a bit of excerise later so hopefully that will help!!

Thanks Groovy

no problem! i'm glad it worked! :D

and Tanny, my weight seems to stay the same when it's the time of the month - don't worry! If you have been 100% good, you should be able to see big results the week after, I promise.

Last edited:
What do you guys do when you feel like you want to eat all the time ... Im not even hungry!!

Personally if I feel like that which luckily doesn't happen often then I eat even if it's all day. I just try and make sure it's fruit and veg I'm grazing on. Water can help sometimes but often not for long. If I feel I can't eat til a meal time then I go abit mental so it has to be better to snack on good stuff rather than pig out on everything.:eatdrink051:

I'm sure there are probably better ways to deal with it but I don't know what they are sorry!

Hi missemma welcome hun!!!

have you done s.w before or is this your 1st time at s.w?

how are you doing so far?

hope everyone is well!!

Hey :)

This is the first time I've ever done SW before. I've only ever done WW before and I have to say this is the best "diet" I've followed, it's so much easier than WW.

I've been doing it since the 1st of January, and I've lost 4stone 2lbs, I lose around 1-2lbs a week which is right for me. I was losing quickly at first but it's slowed right down now, maybe because I need to start some form of exercise as I'm not going to the gym or anything, although I am walking a hell of a lot more than I ever did before.

Also, it's best not to weigh yourself during weigh ins as your body weighs so differently during the week, step away from the scales, hehe :)

Tanny hun,

Just been talking about weight going up on home scales mid week.
Yup I'm a serial peeper! :8855:

We were wondering if its all the nice weather we are having, been drinking loads and feel bloated from it.:( But have been on plan 100%.

Maybe a bit of research on the tinter net to see what foods we can eat for free that have diuretic properties. Maybe we need to pee more my lovely:8855:

I have 9 stone to loose, my daughter is getting married sept 2011 and I dont want her looking at her pictures in years to come and saying eeek look at my mum ! tobe honest i dont think she would but i wouldnt like to think she might

I found this on the internet hun:

Diuretic Foods and Drugs

People who suffer from kidney or liver disorders, heart disease, or hypertension are sometimes prescribed diuretic drugs. Note that this is prescription-only.

The following foods and herbs are know to have diuretic properties:
Other foods (common in the Western diet) also have a diuretic effect:
  • Coffee
  • Tea
  • Coke
  • Excessive animal-based protein
Diuretic Diet Plans

A diuretic diet plan can help to alleviate symptoms of PMS – such as bloating and headaches.
  • Aim to eat small amounts of starchy carbohydrates (such as breads, rice, etc).
  • Avoid salt and salty food products.
  • Drink plenty of water and herbal teas.
  • See herbs above.
  • Avoid sugary foods.
  • Eat fruit and vegetables.
Breakfast

Low fat natural yogurt with fresh fruit

Lunch
Asparagus soup
Slice of whole grain bread
Orange

Dinner
Serving of baked chicken (with garlic and lemon juice)
Steamed broccoli and carrot
Small Banana and slice of melon

Site 2

Water retention in the body is as harmful as dehydration, if not more. Retention of water in the body usually occurs in people suffering from heart ailments, kidney and liver related ailments, PMS symptoms, high blood pressure, sciatica etc. It may also occur due to the lack of B-vitamins, amino-acids and proteins in the diet or due to the excessive consumption of foods high in sugar and salt content. The condition caused due to water retention in the body tissues is known as Edema.

Diuretics are substances that help flush out the excessive water from the body through urination. Diuretics are available in the form of synthetic diuretics and natural diuretics. Synthetic diuretics are medications or drugs that are available over-the-counter with the prescription of a medical expert. Many precautions have to be taken while consuming synthetic diuretics as they are accompanied by a lot of side-effects. A Natural diuretic, on the other hand, is a safer option as it can be obtained from natural foods and herbs and is free from any kind of side effects. The following are some natural foods and herbs that exhibit diuretic qualities and promote the process of diuresis.
  • Asparagus: It contains a chemical alkaloid called asparigine that promotes effective removal of wastes from the body by improving the functioning of the kidney.
  • Apple Cider Vinegar: It maintains optimum levels of potassium in the body in addition to exhibiting natural diuretic properties.
  • Tomatoes: It's a very rich source of Vitamin C that helps release excessive body fluids and improves metabolism.
  • Garlic: It contains mustard oils that have cleansing properties. They break down and flush out fats.
  • Cranberry Juice: It helps maintain the pH level of the urine, dilutes the urine and aids in increasing the frequency of urination. Its also helpful in improving and maintaining kidney functioning.
  • Brussels Sprouts: It helps in the cleansing of the body tissues and cells by stimulating the kidneys and pancreas.
  • Oats: It contains Silica which is a natural diuretic substance.
  • Dandelion leaf: It is high in potassium and mineral contents that aid the process of diuresis. It also helps in potassium retention.
  • Green tea: It is being used in China, as a natural diuretic, since centuries.
  • Fennel: It exhibits diuretic and carminative properties.
  • Juniper Berries: It contains volatile oils and terpinen-4-ol which enhances the kidney's glomerular filtration which helps flush out excessive fluids from the body.
  • Parsley: It stimulates urination by flushing out toxins from the kidneys.
  • Celery: Both the seed and the plant contain high levels of potassium and sodium that together stimulate urine production.
  • Lettuce: It helps flush out toxins and increases metabolism rate.
  • Melon: It contains high levels of water, potassium and sodium that help eliminate toxins and stimulates urine production.
  • Other natural diuretic foods and herbs include beets, cabbage, carrots, artichokes, watercress, Gingko Biloba, Buchu Extract, coffee, tea, etc.

Have you tried HRI Water Balance tablets? They're a herbal diuretic containing Dandelion, Buchu and Parsley, which are three of the things on the list.

I always find that melon is the best thing for helping me pee - TMI, sorry! :)

Sian xxx

Thanks for that information dudette. It's pretty interesting.

Green tea is the best thing for helping me pee and poo. I regularly include the above ingredients in my diet - except for asparagus, dandelion leaf, fennel, juniper berries and cranberry juice.

I don't think I suffer from retaining water but I may be wrong.x

Back